How much does the new Facebook suck? - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-18-2008, 02:38 PM   #121
The Fly
 
CherokeeRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: at zoo station throwing a brick through a window
Posts: 127
Local Time: 12:09 AM
I had one person unfriend me, haha. They won't know unless they click on your profile or look on their friends list and notice you're missing.
__________________

__________________
CherokeeRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:36 AM   #122
Jesus Online
 
Angela Harlem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: a glass castle
Posts: 30,163
Local Time: 11:09 AM
I want to unfriend someone who is a bandit for those "I've joined some whale hugging hippy bullshit to save a 3 faced horse in South Western Zaire from a bad case of tennis elbow - Help us fight this terrible blah fucking blah." I've tried to block every goddamn type of invitation, but there she pops up, with more bullshit. God! I might unfriend her to see how many social tragedies die from my lack of support.
__________________

__________________
<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Angela Harlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:15 AM   #123
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 01:09 PM
Not enough, I'll say that/
__________________
coolian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:36 PM   #124
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 08:09 PM
i just recently joined.. like two days ago..


so i don't know what the old facebook was like..
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:52 PM   #125
Blue Crack Addict
 
zuropa_fit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: burning up on re-entry
Posts: 24,953
Local Time: 05:09 PM
It was better. Lots better
__________________
zuropa_fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:01 AM   #126
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Harlem View Post
I want to unfriend someone who is a bandit for those "I've joined some whale hugging hippy bullshit to save a 3 faced horse in South Western Zaire from a bad case of tennis elbow - Help us fight this terrible blah fucking blah." I've tried to block every goddamn type of invitation, but there she pops up, with more bullshit. God! I might unfriend her to see how many social tragedies die from my lack of support.
ugh. i hate mass inviters
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:12 AM   #127
Refugee
 
got_edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dating a retarded person
Posts: 2,338
Local Time: 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
Haha I don't see too much of a change, frankly.. except for the Wall showing up first now and you have to click on another tab to go to the profile, posted items etc. How is it any worse than the old one? I don't get it.

__________________
got_edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 02:56 PM   #128
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 07:09 PM
Has anyone noticed their security has gone to shit? For one, I started getting the wall posts about services that reveal your crushes, a classic Myspace issue I'd not seen on Facebook till now. Then, there's a circulating virus that advertises for a link to "OLD FACEBOOK" in people's statuses. Now, some people who added that are getting their accounts hacked, and multiple people now have the same profile picture of cartoon characters getting raped or some shit. It's fucking bullshit. I sent Facebook an e-mail with outrage.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 04:13 PM   #129
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Has anyone noticed their security has gone to shit? For one, I started getting the wall posts about services that reveal your crushes, a classic Myspace issue I'd not seen on Facebook till now. Then, there's a circulating virus that advertises for a link to "OLD FACEBOOK" in people's statuses. Now, some people who added that are getting their accounts hacked, and multiple people now have the same profile picture of cartoon characters getting raped or some shit. It's fucking bullshit. I sent Facebook an e-mail with outrage.
I grew up on a farm. I have seen animals having sex in every position imaginable. Goat on chicken. Chicken on goat. Couple of chickens doing a goat, couple of pigs watching. Whoever drew this got it exactly right.
__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 09:45 PM   #130
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Has anyone noticed their security has gone to shit? For one, I started getting the wall posts about services that reveal your crushes, a classic Myspace issue I'd not seen on Facebook till now. Then, there's a circulating virus that advertises for a link to "OLD FACEBOOK" in people's statuses. Now, some people who added that are getting their accounts hacked, and multiple people now have the same profile picture of cartoon characters getting raped or some shit. It's fucking bullshit. I sent Facebook an e-mail with outrage.
wtf.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:02 PM   #131
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,730
Local Time: 04:09 PM
I'm coming around to the new Facebook. I like that I can comment on someone's status update and have a little conversation there. When you write on someone's wall, the only way to have a conversation is for them to come back and write on your wall, and then it's all weird and disjointed.
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:34 PM   #132
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 07:09 PM
I was getting warmed up to it, but all this hacking shit has turned me right off. That never happened on the old Facebook.

I think I've seen 15 people get hacked and had their profile pictures edited, and at least 60 people have their statuses advertise a link to "OLD FACEBOOK."
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 01:04 PM   #133
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I'm coming around to the new Facebook. I like that I can comment on someone's status update and have a little conversation there. When you write on someone's wall, the only way to have a conversation is for them to come back and write on your wall, and then it's all weird and disjointed.
I'm coming around for the same reason.
__________________
Schmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:08 PM   #134
Refugee
 
got_edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dating a retarded person
Posts: 2,338
Local Time: 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
[Account hacking] never happened on the old Facebook.
__________________
got_edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:00 PM   #135
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by got_edge View Post
If it happened, it happened once in a blue moon to one person, from my experience.

I've seen like 75 accounts hacked in the last week.
__________________

__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
facebook, social networking

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com