How much does the new Facebook suck? - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-15-2008, 09:38 PM   #91
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
and i do wish facebook was still somewhat exclusive. it'd be lame to only have college students on there, but i wish it'd be for only employees and college students, instead of everyone.
How many friends do you have on Facebook that don't fit into one of those two categories?

With popularity comes douchebags, any semblance of exclusivity won't change that.
__________________

__________________
coolian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:41 PM   #92
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
How many friends do you have on Facebook that don't fit into one of those two categories?

With popularity comes douchebags, any semblance of exclusivity won't change that.
You must know a lot of popular people, then.
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:04 PM   #93
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 02:29 PM
I think it's cool how my parents have been able to reconnect with so many of their old friends through it... but I wish they had their own section, like LMP's Parentsbook or something, separate from my Facebook.
__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:23 AM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
elevation2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: corner of Badlands & Magnolia Mountain
Posts: 5,371
Local Time: 12:29 PM
i've had an account for sometime now, and about 2 weeks agos tupid me somehow managed to send a request to joign facebook to my entire yahoo contacts list...which i havent even updated in 4 years ..so i got all these terribly awkward replies from people in high school that i dont even remember and then at one point i had saved teachers' emails in there for sending work online and they replied too, asking about how school is going yada yada....ahhhh...it's been terrible social anxiety, with all sorts of people trying to set up coffee dates, i dont even know how to reply to those. seriously, i am hating facebook for that, it's apparently too advanced for my 20thcentury ass.
__________________
elevation2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:43 AM   #95
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
You must know a lot of popular people, then.
I certainly do, Mr McStupidFuck.
__________________
coolian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:37 AM   #96
Jesus Online
 
Angela Harlem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: a glass castle
Posts: 30,163
Local Time: 07:29 AM
Goddamn bitches. It was fine last night. Now it's got a bad case of bitch-balls.
__________________
<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Angela Harlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:34 PM   #97
Protecting my eyes ARRRR!!!
 
bonoishot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: That would be telling :shifty: .........
Posts: 22,310
Local Time: 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
WTF did i miss something? i hadn't logged on in awhile, and i never clicked on that "try out the new facebook" link. now my facebook has completely transformed and i don't see an option to get it back.

fuck them.
The same thing just happened to me. I hate the new layout. Need to see if i can change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
I think the new facebook should be called the assbook.



Quote:
Originally Posted by elevation2u View Post
i've had an account for sometime now, and about 2 weeks agos tupid me somehow managed to send a request to joign facebook to my entire yahoo contacts list...which i havent even updated in 4 years ..so i got all these terribly awkward replies from people in high school that i dont even remember and then at one point i had saved teachers' emails in there for sending work online and they replied too, asking about how school is going yada yada....ahhhh...it's been terrible social anxiety, with all sorts of people trying to set up coffee dates, i dont even know how to reply to those. seriously, i am hating facebook for that, it's apparently too advanced for my 20thcentury ass.
__________________



6 countries,11 shows. AMAZING FRIENDS AND MEMORIES = Jem's priceless 360 Tour
bonoishot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:34 PM   #98
ONE
love, blood, life
 
powerhour24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 11,645
Local Time: 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
That's not fair. Just because I've been out of college since 1995, I have to be stuck with the shithole of MySpace if I want to be on a social networking site?

I agree with the rest of your complaints, though.
Well no, but it was closed and self-contained, by using school issued email addresses it avoided getting creeps (not calling anyone a creep ) and spam, and fake profiles like MySpace turned into.
__________________
powerhour24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:53 PM   #99
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
WTF did i miss something? i hadn't logged on in awhile, and i never clicked on that "try out the new facebook" link. now my facebook has completely transformed and i don't see an option to get it back.

fuck them.
i know, i jinxed it mentioning i could still revert back. boo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
I think the new facebook should be called the assbook.


Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
How many friends do you have on Facebook that don't fit into one of those two categories?
that don't go to college or belong to an employer's network? like two or three. coincidentally, those are also the ones who have 500 applications on their page.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:56 PM   #100
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Popmartijn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 32,543
Local Time: 09:29 PM
They changed my Facebook this morning.
__________________
Popmartijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:40 PM   #101
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
that don't go to college or belong to an employer's network? like two or three. coincidentally, those are also the ones who have 500 applications on their page.
Touché.
__________________
coolian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:12 PM   #102
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,441
Local Time: 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhour24 View Post
Well no, but it was closed and self-contained, by using school issued email addresses it avoided getting creeps (not calling anyone a creep ) and spam, and fake profiles like MySpace turned into.
yes, it's much less creepy for drunk college kids to secretly wack off to pictures of their neighbor from across the hall.

seung hui cho had a facebook. douches exist everywhere.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:31 PM   #103
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
WildHoneyAlways's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: In a glass case of emotion
Posts: 8,158
Local Time: 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhour24 View Post
Well no, but it was closed and self-contained, by using school issued email addresses it avoided getting creeps (not calling anyone a creep ) and spam, and fake profiles like MySpace turned into.
When people graduated was their page revoked? I'm so confused.

How would it work with an "employer network?"

this is why i hated facebook to begin with. not user friendly.
__________________
WildHoneyAlways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:47 PM   #104
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 03:29 PM


"The New Facebook is like a fucking prison!"

"On the planet Bullshit!"

"In the galaxy of This Suck's Camel Dick!"
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:49 PM   #105
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 04:29 PM
The new facebook rules you simpering little bitches.
__________________

__________________
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
facebook, social networking

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com