How much does the new Facebook suck?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and i do wish facebook was still somewhat exclusive. it'd be lame to only have college students on there, but i wish it'd be for only employees and college students, instead of everyone.

How many friends do you have on Facebook that don't fit into one of those two categories?

With popularity comes douchebags, any semblance of exclusivity won't change that.

I think it's cool how my parents have been able to reconnect with so many of their old friends through it... but I wish they had their own section, like LMP's Parentsbook or something, separate from my Facebook.

i've had an account for sometime now, and about 2 weeks agos tupid me somehow managed to send a request to joign facebook to my entire yahoo contacts list...which i havent even updated in 4 years ..so i got all these terribly awkward replies from people in high school that i dont even remember and then at one point i had saved teachers' emails in there for sending work online and they replied too, asking about how school is going yada yada....ahhhh...it's been terrible social anxiety, with all sorts of people trying to set up coffee dates, i dont even know how to reply to those. seriously, i am hating facebook for that, it's apparently too advanced for my 20thcentury ass.

WTF did i miss something? i hadn't logged on in awhile, and i never clicked on that "try out the new facebook" link. now my facebook has completely transformed and i don't see an option to get it back.

fuck them. :mad:

:scream: The same thing just happened to me. I hate the new layout. :mad: Need to see if i can change it. :angry:

I think the new facebook should be called the assbook.

:lmao: :hi5:

i've had an account for sometime now, and about 2 weeks agos tupid me somehow managed to send a request to joign facebook to my entire yahoo contacts list...which i havent even updated in 4 years ..so i got all these terribly awkward replies from people in high school that i dont even remember and then at one point i had saved teachers' emails in there for sending work online and they replied too, asking about how school is going yada yada....ahhhh...it's been terrible social anxiety, with all sorts of people trying to set up coffee dates, i dont even know how to reply to those. seriously, i am hating facebook for that, it's apparently too advanced for my 20thcentury ass.

:lol:

:( That's not fair. Just because I've been out of college since 1995, I have to be stuck with the shithole of MySpace if I want to be on a social networking site?

I agree with the rest of your complaints, though.

Well no, but it was closed and self-contained, by using school issued email addresses it avoided getting creeps (not calling anyone a creep :wink: ) and spam, and fake profiles like MySpace turned into.

WTF did i miss something? i hadn't logged on in awhile, and i never clicked on that "try out the new facebook" link. now my facebook has completely transformed and i don't see an option to get it back.

fuck them. :mad:
i know, i jinxed it mentioning i could still revert back. boo.

I think the new facebook should be called the assbook.
:love:

How many friends do you have on Facebook that don't fit into one of those two categories?
that don't go to college or belong to an employer's network? like two or three. coincidentally, those are also the ones who have 500 applications on their page.

Well no, but it was closed and self-contained, by using school issued email addresses it avoided getting creeps (not calling anyone a creep :wink: ) and spam, and fake profiles like MySpace turned into.

yes, it's much less creepy for drunk college kids to secretly wack off to pictures of their neighbor from across the hall.

seung hui cho had a facebook. douches exist everywhere.

When people graduated was their page revoked? I'm so confused. :huh:

How would it work with an "employer network?" :huh:

this is why i hated facebook to begin with. not user friendly. :angry:

up-step_brothers.jpg

"The New Facebook is like a fucking prison!"

"On the planet Bullshit!"

"In the galaxy of This Suck's Camel Dick!"

I don't even remember what the old Facebook looked like.

If you just stick to the Profile page it doesn't look too different. But it keeps updating everything. "Anna breathed... Anna got up to let the dog out... Anna made a cup of tea... Anna just spoke on the phone..." Honestly, it reminds me of fucking OOC. And i cannot find how to turn the damn thing off. Not even I am interested in the last things I did on facebook - I cannot imagine anyone else caring!

I don't even remember what the old Facebook looked like.

Haha I don't see too much of a change, frankly.. except for the Wall showing up first now and you have to click on another tab to go to the profile, posted items etc. How is it any worse than the old one? I don't get it. :huh:

If you just stick to the Profile page it doesn't look too different. But it keeps updating everything. "Anna breathed... Anna got up to let the dog out... Anna made a cup of tea... Anna just spoke on the phone..." Honestly, it reminds me of fucking OOC.

:laugh:

I thought it only updates if you change your status?

It seems to update on everything I do, like add a friend, and something else which I now can't remember, also status updates. I did do a few of them yesterday because I blew a gasket at my telco yesterday... Maybe I need to give it time. Like the Do Not Call Register, you say, Telstra? YES, I'M STILL PISSED AT YOU!!!
:madwife:

Sorry, sidetracking.
:)

unrelated to the new facebook....I have a question regarding facebook in general:

has anyone ever "unfriended" someone? I have someone that I work with as a friend on my page and to be honest, I'm not sure why. I'm not really comfortable with the situation so I'd like to remove them without causing any hard feelings. I had Interference listed as one of my friends but removed it (sorry blue crack) to see what would happen. I got a message (this was on the old facebook) saying that we're no longer friends but also that Interference won't get notified stating I removed them. Is that it? Interference was removed from my friends list so would that mean I was removed from their list? I guess someone here that's on the Intereference friends list could probably check for me :flirt: I would be in the "W's" wearing a dorky Chef's uniform in my pic.

So anyhoo....I really don't want to remove this person and cause any situations at work with them unless it really is discretely and they wouldn't even notice unless they went to view my profile and saw I was missing.

I've unfriended people. :yes: I don't remember if they gave me a notification or whatever when I did it - I just deleted people. Like you, it was really pointless having them on my friends list, and they were never online anyway, so I just cut them. Don't know if they noticed or not...

Back
Top Bottom