Holiday Gift Idea - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Old 11-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 08:30 AM

One thing that my other family members have told me about is that when my niece goes to the Cancer Center, there's this big huge play area and the kids have a blast there. And, also of course, that the staff there are especially awesome with the children. So, donating to the hospital is the least my family and I could do.

It is so awesome to hear about the generosity of others. Especially, the kids out there who for go their own gifts to pass them along to those less fortunate.

MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:29 AM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor
Local Time: 07:30 AM

So happy to hear your neice is doing better. That's awesome.

LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:11 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 07:30 AM
Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. This has been very inspirational. My family is very much into the gift giving, but I've had friends who have had to deal with some tough health battles, and I think they will be very happy at the suggestion of offering a donation.
unico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:21 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
Thanks! When my sister mentioned it, I was wondering why it didn't come to mind sooner. My niece was diagnosed the first week of December 2008, so last year's holiday season definitely got thrown out of whack with my family reeling from the situation. So with this season approaching, we figured we'd abandon the usual holiday gift exchange. This is my brother's youngest daughter Gabrielle who is going through this. My brother's other daughter is 5 and she has been awesome through this too. She treats Gabrielle like she would any other little sister. She busts her chops when needed, but she's also aware that she's sick. My sister-in-law and her mother have been unbelievable as well. My father donates platelets regularly. We've all done what we can as a family. My brother is an architect and he runs his own firm, so he's forced to devote as much time to his work to generate income for the family. Many people have donated money and goods to my brother's family. So many people have been generous. I've never been to the Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center that Gabrielle goes to. I know I couldn't handle it. The Yankees visit there a lot and the YES Network always has a segment about the center. Hell, I get all choked up when they show these segments, so I'd be a mess going there. Anyway, Gabrielle is through the worst so far, but the next 4-5 years, they'll keep a close eye on her leukemia.

Thanks to all who have posted so far.
Good to hear that she got through it. I hope everything is all good for the next few years.

My school does these things where we create a shoebox and put stuff inside and give to those who don't have as much and are less fortunate. I think it's a great idea. And one kid even received a letter back from the person he sent it to.

I'll pray for your niece and hope for all the best!
theedgeu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:55 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Damn, I just got some bad news. My niece hadn't been receiving her chemo in a while, but unfortunately, she continued to get some infections. Her parents were informed that they would have to resume heavy chemo again on her. This blows.
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:45 PM   #21
New Yorker
Local Time: 05:30 AM
That is tough news. I am so sorry to hear she needs to go through this again.

nicv is offline   Reply With Quote