Here Comes Irene

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My family is probably concerned back home in Philly, but here in central PA we're not even expecting cloud cover this weekend.

I'm in new England for wedding planning... had to change our plans around and are trying to fly back home to NYC to board up the apartment and ride out the storm... have a flight at 6am tomorrow morning, gets in at 7:15. JFK is apparently closing at noon, as of now. Hopefully we can get home... otherwise we may be stranded here for days.

My parents and sister both still live on long island, in Nassau and western Suffolk... which Jan where the eye is predicted to cross. Very concerned about them.

The evacuations have begun in the low-lying areas, Zone A, and its mandatory by Mayor Bloomberg. I live near a Zone A area so I'm wondering if I'll have to start packing once I get home from work.

My brother and his wife are about a block away from a Zone A area, in Brooklyn.

I'm so worried about them and about all the New Yorkers.

Stay safe :hug:

Sitting right on the northwest edge of the storm. Getting occasional rain showers, but it's mostly just cloud cover right now.

I've seen a lot worse around DC- not too bad so far. Still a few more hours to go though.

About half a day to go here in Baltimore, possibly more than half. I'm scared for my window but I hope it won't come to that.

Dear Irene,

Y U have to come when I'm in a shitty college dorm and can do absolutely nothing about potentially broken windows? Go away, thanks.

The rain is indeed picking up. No major winds yet.

My family and I chose to stay home and to ride this hurricane out. Sounds risky to some, but I believe we'll be fine.

Irene, you bitch. I'm fully expecting having to wake up in the middle of the night to go sleep in my kitchen because this stupid storm could send a tree crashing through my window. Hoping for the best though.

Irene, you bitch. I'm fully expecting having to wake up in the middle of the night to go sleep in my kitchen because this stupid storm could send a tree crashing through my window. Hoping for the best though.

O.O

I really hope it doesn't!

From all I've heard, it sounds like the storm on the whole is quite a bit less powerful than the media projected.

Am I wrong?

From all I've heard, it sounds like the storm on the whole is quite a bit less powerful than the media projected.

Am I wrong?
Not necessarily. We'll know more tomorrow morning after more hours of the storm. Flooding, falling trees, and power outages are the big concerns.

i will admit i'm lolling at this much fuss over a category one hurricane, buuuuuut with its path it's hitting basically every major eastern city. much more potential for fucked up shit.

stay safe everyone. i've got some family in maryland but i'm sure they'll be fine.

i will admit i'm lolling at this much fuss over a category one hurricane, buuuuuut with its path it's hitting basically every major eastern city. much more potential for fucked up shit.

stay safe everyone. i've got some family in maryland but i'm sure they'll be fine.

Yeah, I'm in Baltimore right now and it's probably passed or about to pass, and everything's fine. No power, window, water damages, so family in Maryland should be all Ok :)

I survived the night, though I woke up often because the rain was so loud. I still have my power - for now at least.

Battering

:hmm:

62171907-battering-ram.jpg

Nah...

Battering%20Fish.jpg

:scratch:

Can't believe I still have power. It started to go several times but it's still on. I live in MA in a very wooded area, we have lost of trees down and power outages all over MA. They say it could be until next weekend to get power restored.

That is my big worry, trees through the roof or a window. Right now it is much calmer here but the wind and rain in the morning and most of the afternoon was crazy, and very scary. The local weather keeps saying it could be very windy through midnight but I keep hoping they're wrong. Western MA has severe flooding, tv news says historic flooding. In VT too.

I'm glad everyone else here is ok so far and I hope all your relatives will be too. I saw on CNN that NYC did better than expected and that the evacuation order was even lifted. It is such a reality check to watch these things on tv vs experiencing them in person. We've had hurricanes and tropical storms before but nothing quite like this, and nothing that lasted this long. Plenty of blizzards too-and I'd much rather have one of those.

Back
Top Bottom