Heatpocalypse 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
product_462.jpg

Working in an AC-less factory on Thursday was not ideal. Having to do the most laborious work of the entire summer was worse. Having to wear protective, heavy clothing and a mask so I couldn't drink water was insane.

I feel for all you mid west and East coast folks baking away. In San Diego we get our brutally hot sizzling weather in mid September to November, bad fire season too. Stay cool any way you can. I'm sure Bono has A/C :lol:

How are all our east coast people holding up? Registered a high temp of 104 degrees at the camp I work at today. Just absolutely brutal.

I hope Bono's okay...

Hell, what about us here in the Mid-West who have been baking since last Sunday? And it's not supposed to end until at least Monday :crack:

Working in an AC-less factory on Thursday was not ideal. Having to do the most laborious work of the entire summer was worse. Having to wear protective, heavy clothing and a mask so I couldn't drink water was insane.

Jesus, I feel for you. I work in a factory, but at least there's apparently AC and plenty of water. I've been dying all week though. Thank God I work 3rd shift.

PhilsFan said:

Sorry, Peef. It's hard to smile in those conditions. :down:

The heat wave totally fucked the last day of Pitchfork Fest for me. Sat in the shade most of the day instead of getting involved or having fun. I fit in great, come to think of it.

The dog doesn't even want to go outside.

Our dog was outside for about five seconds during the walk from the car to the front door, and by the time we got up the steps to our apartment, I thought she was dying she was panting so hard.

It's BASTARD hot here, Ian. And humid as hell. I haven't gone outside save to get in the car in a week.

My brother lives in Brooklyn and I understand it was 100F with something like 45% humidity today. That's insane.

It's pretty common where I live for it to be between 110F - 115F during this time of year (it's been that high for several weeks now) but luckily we don't have the humidity.

I can stand dry heat pretty well. I did marching band in Texas ffs. It's humidity I just can't take.

EDIT: Right now at 8:30 PM it's 82 degrees with 82% humidity.

Aww, boo hoo, East Coast. It was 112 degrees where I live a few days ago, and that's not the heat index. It's funny how it's suddenly news when the heat dome gets to the Important Region. We're having the worst heat and drought since the Dust Bowl and New Yorkers act like they're living in hardship because it's 104. I saw the NBC Nightly News earlier tonight and they were talking about the horrible temperatures in the 90s that the East has to endure for the next few days. :rolleyes:

:therethere:

Aww, boo hoo, East Coast. It was 112 degrees where I live a few days ago, and that's not the heat index. It's funny how it's suddenly news when the heat dome gets to the Important Region. We're having the worst heat and drought since the Dust Bowl and New Yorkers act like they're living in hardship because it's 104. I saw the NBC Nightly News earlier tonight and they were talking about the horrible temperatures in the 90s that the East has to endure for the next few days. :rolleyes:

:therethere:

:eyebrow: and where exactly do you live? All the news I've seen for the past week was how bad the weather was in the midwest. No one was overlooking it. I didn't even realize it had moved into the east coast, so there's something for the intense coverage.

The Sad Punk said:
Yikes, I didn't realise how high the temperatures were. Hope you guys are keeping cool. 120/48 is ridiculous.

Yeah wow. I can handle 40 pretty easily but 48 is insane. Particularly in countries where the weather dips well below 0 during winter in many areas.

You know when you're standing next to a big truck or bus that's been running for a long time and you can feel the heat radiating off it? It felt like that everywhere yesterday

I would kill to have some of your heat. I'm in Vancouver, and the weather this "summer" has been ridiculously awful. We've been hovering at an average of around 16C/61F for eons now. :sigh: :| I'm crossing my fingers that August will be warmer. I live for hot sunny days.

Our dog was outside for about five seconds during the walk from the car to the front door, and by the time we got up the steps to our apartment, I thought she was dying she was panting so hard.

Awww poor girl. :( One of my dogs went outside in our yard, looked at me for 5 seconds, and ran up to me on the porch like "Get me the fuck out of here."

I have type 1 diabetes and extreme heat makes my blood sugar go haywire. I've had to monitor it very closely the past few days. I waitress and I usually work Fridays and Saturdays, but this weekend I wasn't scheduled. Because of the heat, I'm happy about it.

I have SAD, so I'm pretty fucking desperate for some sun/heat right about now. :lol: Bring it on! Send it all our way. I never complain about the heat. :)

Travis doesn't believe that I have SAD over it being summer. I really, really just get super bummed out when it's hot like this. But, no, I realize it's not actual SAD, and I would totally trade places with you in a heartbeat 'twere it possible.

I didn't even know 82% humidity was even possible, it must be unbearable.

I'll take 120F dry heat anytime compared to that.

Back
Top Bottom