Happy Memorial Day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeadMansParty

Rock n' Roll Doggie
With Family that have been in Wars and friends who are still there and family who have been in law enforcement I say NAMASTE! Thank you for all you have done!

Actually I didnt mean to say HAPPY, I tried to change it but it was too late as this is a day to salute to people that have protected us, Im gonna change it to we SALUTE YOU!

Happy Memorial Day. Thanks to all the men and women who have risked our lives to keep our freedom.

:up::up::up::up: to the men & women who has served our country in the many wars. I am so very grateful to them, I wish nothing but the very best to them to are still living. I'm so proud of them.

Earlier today I attend a memorial service in our Memorial Park, where many are buried there, dating back to the Revolutionary War to World War II. It bought tears to my eyes when they played taps to are war hereos, especially my dad who served in World II.

When I was a child in Virginia, this day was also known as Decoration Day. Everyone would go to the church cemeteries and put flowers and other memorabilia on the graves of their loved ones, including veterans. I believe this is still done in the South. I continue to do this, to this day. My mom's and dad's, and grandparents', resting places here now have new flowers. And mom's has a piece of quartz rock from her home place in Virginia, that my sister put there, as well as 15 pine cones, one for each of her kids, their spouses/signifcant others, and their kids.

Happy holiday everyone! My love and prayers to all veteran relatives out there to our members!

Back
Top Bottom