Happy Birthday, U.S.A.!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsPurrl

Blue Crack Supplier
I know it's still a few hours until July 4, but I just want to wish a Happy Birthday to my country.

On July 4, 2009, I was on a tour bus going from the Rock of Cashel on into Dublin. Some of the folks from our group had brought American flags and necklaces of red and blue stars, which they shared with everyone on the bus. My brother and his wife had brought along a CD of patriotic songs, which our bus driver/tour guide Paddy Martin from Limerick was kind enough to play for us. We all stood (as best we could at our seats in the bus) and sang along with "The Star Spangled Banner", "America", and some other songs. What a great way to celebrate!

070409July4Celebration.jpg

Happy Birthday America! :yippie: And tomorrow I will wake up a little earlier than usual and celebrate America's birthday. Then it's off to party at my grandmother's house. I'm thinking of going all crazy this year with a red, white, and blue hat and necklaces and all sorts of stuff. Anyone think I should do it? Maybe I can do the grilling tomorrow while wearing it?:hmm: Of course then there's the possibility of a fire breaking out. Anyways here's to America! :weekend:

Do it! :hyper:

We will be attending a camp-out/cook-out way out in the country in celebration of July 4, which also happens to be my nephew Raleigh's birthday, with brothers and sisters and hubbies and wives and daughters and sons and nieces and nephews. Good fun, good people, good fun!

I'm going to another BBQ tomorrow after work. My town had our fireworks tonight, but the town that my friend that is having the BBQ lives in, has them tomorrow.

Yay! Happy Birthday USA! I am still moving in but the complex is having a big BBQ by the pool I will probably make an appearance to and I will watch fireworks on TV. :cheer:

Hope everyone has fun this weekend :)! Some friends and I had a grillout here last night, played games, watched the fireworks, watched some movies, all that good stuff. Then today my friend and I are going to a nearby town to check out the fireworks there and go to the carnival and hang out a bit. Good times.

Happy birthday, U.S.A., happy 4th of July to all fellow Americans!

Angela

Back
Top Bottom