guy punches blind woman on bus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesseu2

Refugee
Blind Woman Attacked: Passengers stunned after they witnessed an attack of a blind woman on board a King County Metro Bus, all captured on carmera - KCPQ

video: Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

SEATTLE - Passengers were stunned after they witnessed an attack of a blind woman on board a King County Metro Bus. The incident was caught on camera and seen only on Q13 FOX News. It happened over a year ago but the video is coming to light now.

Passengers witnessed the attack on a blind woman sitting at the front of the bus. She was minding her own business and holding her cane when the attack happened.

Surveillance video shows a man boarding the bus at about 11am May 18, 2008. Right after he paid his fare, he approached the victim seen in the red hat. Witnesses say he yelled "The sick must die" and proceeded to punch the blind woman.

Charles Capizano is one of six people who rushed to help the woman. He says; "His initial attack was just... I mean she didn't know what hit her and she was just... she got hit pretty good."

Denise Gubernick was also on the bus and rushed to give aid. She says; "He hit her with a full force fist to the side of her head that snapped her sunglasses... Flew off her head... I'm a mother and my instinct is to protect and I just jumped forward to hold her."

Seattle Police say she was punched four to five times in the face and head. The passenger next to the woman came to aid her and blocked the suspect. The passenger was hit four times while blocking the victim.

Several passengers from the back of the bus ran to the front of the bus. One of them can be seen holding back the suspect as he tried to punch the woman. As he was being detained, he yelled "You don't know what you are doing."

The victim sustained swelling and a cut beneath her left eye. The passenger sitting next to her sustained a cut on the left cheek.

The suspect was arrested for the assault but due to his apparent diminished mental capacity, he was never charged. He was, instead, sent to Western State Hospital where he remains today.

The passengers have since been recognized for their heroic efforts. The King County Sheriff's Department honored six of them at an April 22 event.

As for the victim, to those who helped her she says; "It really restores my faith in humanity that these people did in fact join together and protect me. And I want to thank you all for what you did. God bless you."

I want to beat this guy up. Can't believe what he did. What a shocker. :|

I saw the video on the news the other night and recognized the woman who was attacked. She often rides my route and gets on near Pike Place Market, and every time I see her, she's wearing this colorful, wide-brimmed sun hat. That's how I recognized her in the video. :( They didn't say what route it was in the story or on TV, so I don't know if it happened on the bus route I usually ride.

What happened is certainly terrible, and I'm glad the woman is okay, but I certainly don't want to beat the guy up. He's mentally ill, and while it certainly doesn't excuse his actions, I guess it explains them. He needs care, not more violence.

There've been reports of increased violence on Seattle busses lately. So far, I've been lucky enough not to experience or witness anything scary.

yeah, you got a good point that maybe its not a good idea to beat him up if he's mentally ill. bad idea.

You seen her before? What a small world.

I'm sure she's not the only blind, bus-riding woman in Seattle, but when I heard the story I wondered if it was her. Then I saw the video, saw her hat, and realized it was.

What a horrific story...

I feel sorry for the woman, but I can't help but wonder what made this man do this...

As a person who once entertained the idea of being a psychologist, I'm very intrigued.

I mean obviously this man was "hearing voices", was this his first lash out?

The incident was caught on camera and seen only on Q13 FOX News. It happened over a year ago but the video is coming to light now.

anyone else love this blatant self-promotion? especially in correlation to such an ugly story?

utterly shameless.

I didn't even realize this had happened a year ago. Why the hell wouldn't it be news when it actually happened? :huh:

I didn't even realize this had happened a year ago. Why the hell wouldn't it be news when it actually happened? :huh:

Is it a Fox story? Media outlets (here, at least) keep a supply of righteous interest stories for when there's no scandals or dramas they can manipulate into a sensationalist volcano. There might be another explanation, but that's my cynical interpretation.

It's the local Fox affiliate, but it's just the regular local news, not, you know "FOX NEWS" with all the accompanying thoughts of Hannity, O'Reilly and conservative shills.

I wonder if it was reported when it first occurred, and it's just the security video from the bus that's the "new" information here. I don't know how that sort of thing works, but maybe it took them a year to get the video, that it wasn't released right away, for whatever reason.

Is it a Fox story? Media outlets (here, at least) keep a supply of righteous interest stories for when there's no scandals or dramas they can manipulate into a sensationalist volcano. There might be another explanation, but that's my cynical interpretation.

:up: :applaud:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom