Giant Squid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dumbyaisachimp

Babyface
Freaky, aren't they? Discuss.
061222-giant-squid.jpg

Blah. I lost a bet and had to eat a live small one but had to take it out of my mouth cause I couldnt swallow, the tentacles latch onto your tongue. They sure are ugly.

1) Its a big ass squid
2) Is that a ninjatown ninja in your avatar? Cos the DS game is great. Ninja poo ftw
3) A third thing.

1.) Yes, it is. Giant squid are very big. And until only recently, they have never been filmed alive in their native environment. At one point they were considered the holy grail of the oceans...and now they have been exploited in this thread by me.
2.) Yes. Ninja poo indeed.
3.) Calamari is good with some lemon and maybe a bit of tartar sauce. Cocktail sauce works great as well.

They certainly are freaky! I live in the home of the Giant Squid…well, the land next to their home—Newfoundland. There some legendary tales of close encounters between these beasts and fisherman.

One of the largest is on display at a museum here. It’s technically referred to as an “Interpretation Site,” a name that makes me laugh every time I drive by it on the highway.

squidbs2.jpg

I always imagine the dialogue, or "interpretation" from the tour-guide inside going something like this on a typical day:

Guide: Good day, folks! Looks like another foggy one out there, hey? Hehe. Oh well, you didn’t come here for the weather now, did you?

Group: (*laughter*) Noooooo! Hahhahaha!

Guide: Well, if you’ll take a moment, and look to the large tank on the left, you’ll see our FRIEND!

Group: Oooooooo!!

Smart-assed kid: I don’t see nothin’!

Guide: That’s because he’s sleeping! I’ll wake him.

*nervous group shuffling*

Guide: Hey, Marty…time to wake up!

Giant Squid (“Marty”): YGydgdydgygeodooedoedeooduuuuuuuuuuuloooooooooo!

Guide: He’s saying that he appreciates all of you for being here today!

Smart-assed kid: Is he really saying that?

*Smart-assed kid quietly removed by security*

“Interpretation” continues…

Back
Top Bottom