Gas Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
$4.57 last Thursday

According to that site:

Lowest price: $4.45
Highest Price: $4.69

:doh: Stupid California

I've seen prices above $4.70 in San Francisco. My local station is at $4.63, and just a couple blocks away it's at $4.53. I wonder which one I'm going to be using?

I don't see a downward trend yet - oil hit a record high after being down a few dollars for several days. Gasoline futures are near the record high today. We'll probably see a price rebound going into the July 4th weekend.

I filled up my 11 gallon tank last week for $46.78 I think. I rarely fill up, but I had to drive to LA.

Oil jumped in prices again today so it wont be too surprising if gas goes to $5 a gallon.

Gas here ranges from $4.59 to $4.75

I drive a Focus. I get about 27 mpg.

Not the fanciest of cars. But a dude's gotta do what a dude's gotta do.

I spent $304.11 on gas between May 8 and June 5. :grumpy:

A busy month without my own car (which doesn't actually run right now) means I'm either renting a car or borrowing one. The rental has to be returned with as much gas as was in it when I rented it, and I figure the least I can do when I borrow a car is to make sure I return it with more gas than when I borrowed it.

So that amount isn't going to be typical for me, but damn it was a shock to see how much I spent on gas -- especially because I'm self employed and work at home. :grumpy:

My mom ask another sister how I was doing, today. I talk to mom nearly every day but I don't go into specifics about my finances. She only lives 25 miles from me.
Why worry her?? Gas prices are a huge factor, plus I need a oil leak repair and new tires. I'm limiting my driving because my son is out of work. He has a Tahoe I just made the payment on. It has a huge tank, but he needs to look for work and has no income, at all. His savings & 401K are gone, mine are dwindling He's probably going to have to move in with me, which I don't mind - but he does. I understand that.
That seems the definition of the working poor.
For the first time in my life - I feel that way
It shouldn't be this fucking hard to make a living. :down:

:hug:Sue, I'm right there in the same boat with you and your son. It sucks alright. And the freaking government isn't doing much about it. I've been watching the congress and now Senate on an unemployment benefit extension bill HR 5749 for several mos now. I've spoken to a local congresswoman about it. It passed the house of reps finally in mid June and is now stagnant in the Senate. What do those fat cat senators and government officials care about sky rocketing gas, food, transportation and everything else prices or pissing thru savings and 401k etc. to survive cuz we can't find jobs? It's costs money to find a job. It's not getting any better. You'd think lil Bush would want to do something really great and heroic before his days in office are officially over but nooooooooooooo.

It shouldn't be this hard to make a fucking living.
It shouldn't be this difficult to find a job.
Something's got to change and soon!

:hug:Sue, I'm right there in the same boat with you and your son. It sucks alright. And the freaking government isn't doing much about it. I've been watching the congress and now Senate on an unemployment benefit extension bill HR 5749 for several mos now. I've spoken to a local congresswoman about it. It passed the house of reps finally in mid June and is now stagnant in the Senate.

Thanks.. needed that hug.. and back at cha. :hug:

The fucking Senate is holding up a great deal of legislation that should be voted on and passed.
But you know they have to have their vacations. Who are we to interfere with their life.
I'm ready to email them and tell them, the're fired. You and I would be if we ignored our clients the way they have.
Unfortunately we would probably be turned over to the IRS and audited for our hard earned wages. I hope to hell my local Senators are coming up for re-election, I'm checking into that.
They haven't seen anything in the "letters to the editor" I CAN! write.
My son wasn't even fired, offically - his supervisor just said give me the company card and keys to the vehicle. I told him to go in and make them fire him, at least. He could at least appeal. But this is a "no reason" state. Because he didn't come in the next day, they can say he didn't show up for work, and refuse to pay him unemployment compensation.
It just sucks what companies can get away with.
But go ahead George Bush, give North Korea a break..

You should go on a writing campaign, Sue. You can get your point across very well and I say do it! Write the newspapers, magazines, blogs, websites, Bush, congress, senators, city councilmembers, governor etc. I did. Someone along the line will respond. And I am in the same boat, so feel free to PM me any time!! :hug:

gassign9gx.jpg

Hee. Yeah, that's just about right.

BC has had a "carbon tax" added to our gas for some fucked up reason, so gas goes up 2.5 cents today. Happy freaking Canada Day! :happy:

I seriously want to punch someone - I saw it for $1.52 while driving this morning. Absolutely ridiculous. Thankfully it looks like a bunch of us from work are gonna start up a carpool, because it's getting too expensive to drive on my own.

Hee. Yeah, that's just about right.

BC has had a "carbon tax" added to our gas for some fucked up reason

There is nothing fucked up about that reason.

If our government was more innovative and had a shred more foresight we may have avoided a calamity. But it isn't, so carbon tax it is.

I seriously want to punch someone - I saw it for $1.52 while driving this morning. Absolutely ridiculous. Thankfully it looks like a bunch of us from work are gonna start up a carpool, because it's getting too expensive to drive on my own.

wait.....even for Canada....isn't a $1.52 still really good? Back when you left this over the summer, we were paying $4.50 here in Chicago

My brother paid $1.34.9 last week.... Wish I was in a city right on the boarder of a state with extremely low gas tax. :grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom