Gas Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WTF do they mean by maintain our roads? What a crock of crappola. I'm sick of being screwed by taxes upon taxes and jacked up gas prices really pisses me off. I know there's not much I can do but deal with it but it's just so not fair. Every time I go out gas prices have increased. WHY?

um, taxing petrol to maintain roads is a very effective user pays system. perhaps you should be looking to blame the oil companies for continually hiking the price of gas while making enormous profits.

^Umm here in the states, specifically where I live in Southern California there are so many vehicles on the roads that the states or government can't keep up with repairs or improvements. Yet gas prices and taxes continue to rise. It doesn't make sense. But then what does anymore?

^Umm here in the states, specifically where I live in Southern California there are so many vehicles on the roads that the states or government can't keep up with repairs or improvements. Yet gas prices and taxes continue to rise. It doesn't make sense. But then what does anymore?

Auckland_CBD_over_congested_motorway_NZH.JPG

i'm familiar with traffic, just because i don't live in the states doesn't mean roads aren't busy.

part of the problem with them not being able to keep up is they aren't taxing enough on petrol to adequately fund any repairs.

would you prefer toll roads or roads in an even worse condition?

Did you do the math, per liter....?

By the time I just posted my last, I went around the block again and it was $3.11....

Yeah, I did the conversion.

Ours has gone up again too, it's probably over $3.50 USD/gallon right now.

a rough conversion says new zealand is paying nearly $6 a gallon.

But at least you pretty much have no oil whereas Canada has the second largest oil reserves in the world, and yet we are always paying considerably more than the Americans.

Still $2.43 here. I'm going to get gas tomorrow morning to try and get some before they go up again

Holy moly, why is our gas so expensive in San Diego? I was almost at 1/2 tank yesterday and did a screeching U-turn when I passed an ARCO advertising regular unleaded at $2.91/gal. Makes me sick seeing it up over $3 most other stations. :doh:

I've never understood and I guess I never will, why gas prices are so much higher in San Diego. Gas prices in LA are cheaper than down here. :rant: I'm sick of this and even more pissed there's not much any of us can do about it. It's an OUTRAGE!

Back
Top Bottom