Funny and/or Embarrassing Things You've Said - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2009, 09:46 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
Local Time: 07:42 AM
Funny and/or Embarrassing Things You've Said

So today I was discussing music with my friend and he asked me what my favorite U2 era was. I really tired and I said Unforgettable Fire and Unforgettable Joshua Tree! I couldn't stop laughing for a long time! So that got me thinking, what are some of the funny things you have said?

Old 06-24-2009, 10:37 PM   #2
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 03:42 AM
Does this have to be U2 related things that have been said that were embarrassing or funny?

Old 06-24-2009, 10:39 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:42 AM
In German class when I was 15 I had to write the phrase "he shot the goal" on the board and I wrote "he shit the goal" (schießen/scheißen). I still have no idea what I was doing, I *never* got the ei's and ie's messed up in German, except that one time of course... Oh well, our German group was...interesting. That was not even close to the most embarrassing thing that happened in that class...
Old 06-24-2009, 10:55 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carek1230 View Post
Does this have to be U2 related things that have been said that were embarrassing or funny?
No it does not. I just posted a U2 related thing cause I thought hat was pretty funny.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:54 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:42 AM
There's not enough room on Andy's server for me to post the most embarrassing, foot-in-mouth, things I've said.....but this oughta be good...
Old 06-25-2009, 01:07 AM   #6
BAW
The Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. BAW View Post
There's not enough room on Andy's server for me to post the most embarrassing, foot-in-mouth, things I've said.....but this oughta be good...
Like when you were trying to order a "Spicy Jack" combo in the drive-thru and you kept asking for a "Jackie Spice" combo?

Or when you tried to order a "Carne Estrada" burrito at Rubios?

Old 06-25-2009, 01:21 AM   #7
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 06-25-2009, 01:27 AM   #8
BAW
The Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
That is awesome!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 02:19 AM   #9
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:42 AM
Old 06-25-2009, 05:34 AM   #10
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
In German class when I was 15 I had to write the phrase "he shot the goal" on the board and I wrote "he shit the goal" (schießen/scheißen). I still have no idea what I was doing, I *never* got the ei's and ie's messed up in German, except that one time of course... Oh well, our German group was...interesting. That was not even close to the most embarrassing thing that happened in that class...
OH my grandpa did that too, when he was a kid. He was trying to teach a german kid how to properly throw paper planes. He kept telling him 'nicht so scheißen, So scheißen!'. And didn't have a clue why the kid laughed his ass off!
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:23 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAW View Post
Like when you were trying to order a "Spicy Jack" combo in the drive-thru and you kept asking for a "Jackie Spice" combo?

Or when you tried to order a "Carne Estrada" burrito at Rubios?

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x infinity!!!

FTW!
Old 06-25-2009, 07:24 AM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Old 06-25-2009, 07:39 AM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:42 AM
Quote:

I love you.

In Radiology class, my professor likes to mix things up every now and again by throwing in these bizarre pictures during his powerpoint lecture. Yesterday he was flipping through the slides before class started. He stopped on one of a doctor looking through a dog's mouth with a flashlight, and the light was coming out of the dog's bum.

Since this was before class officially started, we were all just sitting and chatting. My friend and I were, ironically, talking about dogs (she wants to get one.) I looked up and saw that picture and said "wow, you should get that one. you can see straight through its asshole."

Just my luck, at that moment, the class was virtually silent, so everyone, including the professor heard it, and laughed. He said to me (in front of the class) "Mia, I'm offended!" (he was joking.) I responded "Sorry bout that, but I bet you're not as offended as that dog."
Old 06-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #14
Blue Crack Distributor

I didn't say this, but a guy I worked with thought that Ash Wednesday was on Sunday. A bunch of us were talking and he came up and we were talking about how the next day was Ash Wednesday and he said that it should be busy on Sunday then. I asked him after that what day does the 4th of July fall on.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:01 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

OK - a funny one from when I was about 4yrs old: my mom's oldest sister & her family lived in Cartagena, Colombia when I was growing up. My family traveled to see them one summer & the trip involved driving to Miami then flying the remainder of the way. From southeastern NC where we live, Miami's about a 12hr drive.... a verrrrrry long time for a kid to sit in a car. All the way there, the adults (my parents, my mom's other sister & her husband) kept talking about Miami this, Miami that, etc., etc. My mom says after several hours of driving, I finally got her attention & asked, "Mommy, when are we going to get to your Ammi?"

And, an embarrassing adult one: Kelly & I had recently taken a vacation that involved air travel & we'd had some general fuckery trying to get back home (canclled flight, a change of carriers, lost luggage, arrival at an airport other than where we'd left our car, etc. etc.). A day or so after we got back home, my BFF called me to chat...I casually asked what she & her hubby were doing & she answered they had just sat down to watch a movie. Naturally, I asked which one & she told me "A Perfect Storm". Well that had been one of the in-flight movies shown during our previous week's flying. I thought that since it had been an airline's in-flight movie that it was an older release & that MOST people would have already seen, or at the very least, known the outcome of the movie. I didn't even hesitate to tell her, "Why would you watch that?! It's so depressing... everybody dies!" There was this awful silence at the other end before she said, "What?!?!?", then very dejectedly tell her husband, "Never mind - Lisa just told me how it ends." That's when I realized she had no idea about the ending.

That's been about 7yrs ago now but she makes sure to remind me about it whenever she can. I'm sure I'll be hearing, "They all die!" for a long, long time.