Funny and/or Embarrassing Things You've Said - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2009, 12:02 AM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:21 PM
I remember this story as if it were yesterday...I was all of 5 years old; my parents had taken the family to a popular Mexican restaurant in Wilmington, CA...BTW, this was WAY before there was a DOOZER...

Anyway, my mother ordered me a regular hamburger off the list of mexican dishes...naturally, my burger took the longest...my older brother and older sister and parents were eating...the waiter finally showed up and said, "here's you meal, next time, call ahead and we'll have you burger waiting for you..."

Even then, never at a loss for words, even then, I said, "I can't call you, my mom didn't pay the bill and our phone is disconnected!!!"

Old 06-29-2009, 02:20 PM   #32
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 06-29-2009, 02:23 PM   #33
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonosLil'Pal94 View Post
^

I used to think the song 'Dude Looks Like A Lady' by Aerosmith was 'Do It Like A Lady'. My mom still makes fun of me.....
Old 06-29-2009, 03:40 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Location: At Tim Horton's with Kristen and Val talking about Tan Adam and fashion disasters.
Local Time: 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonochick View Post
The next day at work, he came by to tell me something and then said, "By the way...I got your message." He looked at me funny, gave a smirk and a little laugh, shook his head a bit, and walked away.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:48 AM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:21 PM
This isn't something I said, except when I told my friends at work about it, but I tried to type in a number in Excel...on my phone's keypad. I got upset when nothing was typing and I couldn't figure out why, plus all that beeping was really annoying. My brain's not at work today.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:34 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
Local Time: 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggo View Post
This isn't something I said, except when I told my friends at work about it, but I tried to type in a number in Excel...on my phone's keypad. I got upset when nothing was typing and I couldn't figure out why, plus all that beeping was really annoying. My brain's not at work today.
I can understand that. I do stuff like that all the time.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:40 AM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:21 PM
nothing I said but DMP walked into a pole at the mall when I was a teen while staring at a girl.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:23 AM   #38
Refugee

Local Time: 12:21 PM
The other day while watching tennis at work I said in fron of some colleagues "Andy Murray can kiss my butt, cos he sucks!", as soon as it came out of my mouth said workmates were giving me stick about it: "He can kiss your butt, because he sucks?" .
Old 07-03-2009, 11:18 AM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I admitted to a friend like last week that I watch " Hanna Montana"
My god, Im 31 years old but I think she is funny
Old 07-03-2009, 02:47 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I just drove thru In and out drive thru and I wasnt paying attention when I was ordering, I was riffling thru my cd's and when I ordered and I actually told the drive thru lady " can I get that to go"? < nerd
Old 07-04-2009, 10:25 AM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMansParty View Post
I just drove thru In and out drive thru and I wasnt paying attention when I was ordering, I was riffling thru my cd's and when I ordered and I actually told the drive thru lady " can I get that to go"? < nerd
Hahaha thats gold.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:49 PM   #42
New Yorker

Gotta be my sig. I was outside the Ed Sullivan Theater waiting for U2 to come out of their late night practice session after the Letterman show. Bono came out, started to work the crowd on my left. Then The Edge came out, worked the crowd on my right. The Edge looked exhausted, so he moved down the line much faster than Bono. He got in front of me, took my Sharpie and signed my NLOTH album. Then he proceeded to use my Sharpie to sign all the items shoved at him. In the meantime, Bono crossed his apth and started signing for the girl next to me. With no Sharpie in hand, I suddenly got a panic attack and thought Bono is just going to skip me completely because I didn't have a pen for him to use! So I yelled as loud as I could, trying to get Edge's attention. "Edge, can I have my Sharpie back, please?" and pointed to my marker. He looked at me funny, but he gave it back to me. When I saw his look, I felt kinda stupid... WTF was I doing?? This is THE EDGE... someone I will gladly give one of my kidneys to! And yet I couldn't spare my Sharpie for him... x1000

Bono ended up signing my album with my Sharpie, but I'm sure he would have signed it with some other pen if I hadn't had it...
Old 07-04-2009, 05:21 PM   #43
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMansParty View Post
Old 07-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #44
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjacqb View Post
Gotta be my sig. I was outside the Ed Sullivan Theater waiting for U2 to come out of their late night practice session after the Letterman show. Bono came out, started to work the crowd on my left. Then The Edge came out, worked the crowd on my right. The Edge looked exhausted, so he moved down the line much faster than Bono. He got in front of me, took my Sharpie and signed my NLOTH album. Then he proceeded to use my Sharpie to sign all the items shoved at him. In the meantime, Bono crossed his apth and started signing for the girl next to me. With no Sharpie in hand, I suddenly got a panic attack and thought Bono is just going to skip me completely because I didn't have a pen for him to use! So I yelled as loud as I could, trying to get Edge's attention. "Edge, can I have my Sharpie back, please?" and pointed to my marker. He looked at me funny, but he gave it back to me. When I saw his look, I felt kinda stupid... WTF was I doing?? This is THE EDGE... someone I will gladly give one of my kidneys to! And yet I couldn't spare my Sharpie for him... x1000

Bono ended up signing my album with my Sharpie, but I'm sure he would have signed it with some other pen if I hadn't had it...
Was I there when that happened? I don't think I was because I would have remembered that
Old 07-04-2009, 11:21 PM   #45
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauramullen View Post
Was I there when that happened? I don't think I was because I would have remembered that
No, I think this was the only night that you weren't there, Laura. This was Tuesday night, I think? When they took their own sweet time practicing and didn't come out until after 9pm. You had to catch the train back because you had to work the next day or something like that.

I froze my toes off that night... but the wait was so worth it.