Fortune teller.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
has anyone here ever seen one?

or anyone maybe plan too?

palm read/use cards?

if you did see one were you nervous? did you feel robbed? has anything happened linked to what was said? did you regret it?

A mate is possibly going to see a blind one, I believe the price is fuking 40 quid! and this woman is supposed to be good.

I have been tempted too, but sometimes I wonder is it really a good idea, or are they ALL rip offs! LOL!

thanks!

me tinks it has to do with them questioning you and you answering a certain way and they go 'oh yeah and this will happen and he is there and she is then', and you think *wow! how she know that!* and its all trickery, really while you don't see it at the time.

but really Dr Teeth, I wanna know if I will ever have a guy! LOL!

:D:D

I would like to go to fortune tellers and deliberately mislead them, of course I would be the moron paying for the privilege of proving them to be fakers.

Why go to fortune tellers? How will your dreams be fulfilled tomorrow, if they haven´t been fulfilled today?

I got a friend and he does use cards/ tarot. Can be interesting, if you know how to interprete the cards.

Beware of people who want money. You may donate something later, ie. you traditionally would do that with a Voodoo Priestess, but when someone asks you to pay a certain sum, its fishy, stay away.

yea right!

naah, I dunno, I HOPE to go along with mate to see what happens, for her.

but for those who say you are given a path in life/unwritten future is better for you, etc - hmm, people maybe change their path once they learn a bit of 'uh-oh'.

fuk

my road has many fences! :tongue:

my mom and my aunt went to a gypsy/fortune teller when my brother and i were babies. my mom tape recorded everything and the lady says a bunch of stuff.

the lady said a lot of stuff about my brother and my futures. i don't believe it, but i'm a bit skeptical because a lot of the stuff has definitely rung true in my life.

i didn't know about it until two years ago. my mom and I were talking and she mentioned something that the fortune-teller warned her about. the lady said that i'd be on medication for something very serious, life-changing, and progressive, and that there will be extreme changes in my household when this occurs (which i guess is applicable to my bipolar disorder diagnosis a year ago) :shrug:
the lady also said that my brother will grow up to be passive and i will be aggressive. she also said that my brother would be wealthy when he gets older, but he will not be completely happy, whereas I will be successful, not as wealthy, but live a life in happiness.

it's actually kind of absurd when i hear these things the lady shit out for my mom. odd. haha

I saw one who my friend used to see fairly regularly because she firstly believes in this kind of thing, but also reckons this lady was pretty accurate. So I went along one night with another friend, and the 3 of us all had different agendas. We got there, and were greeted by the fair dinkum oldest couple I have ever laid eyes on. I couldn't get over how old these 2 were. The old husband and myself and the other newbie-to-this friend sat in the lounge and ate stale biscuits, discussing anything he could actually hear us say. I talked more to his cat, planning all the while to not reveal anything. I took off my wedding rings and went in 3rd. The oldest lady in the world was doing tea leaves in the kitchen and we'd all brought blank tapes, as per her suggestion. She made the tea and I was amused by her starting out with things like, "I see you're married and you want children." I figured that was a 50/50 with people in their 20s? She told me I was unhappy with work. I thought that was a great guess - I was desperately miserable with my working life at that stage. She went on to say I'd have babies within a year and they'd be twin boys. Awww. She said I was a lucky soul. I had someone watching me, and I was on a boat. She showed me the leaves and said so happily and earnestly, "see the boat? Look at the size of that sail. That's a great sign. And here, this is the person watching you. It's an old man. He's deceased, but was a twin. The twin did not live much past birth. They're together now. One of them is watching you. This is lucky. Look at that sail!" I was getting a little nervous by this stage. She then said there was another old person, not watching me, but deceased. There was some kind of great distance with us. She couldn't see if it was physical or emotional. She saw a grave marked with a very big cross. She described the cross. I had no idea who this was. She went on about this, a woman, she was thinking a grandmother, distant, with this big cross (the cross wasn't lucky like this sail!). We moved on to other things - I'd sort my life out with jobs and things within 2 years. I'd win lotto one day. She couldn't give even a rough idea when. "In your lifetime, is all I can say, dear." Well, crap!

I'd tried my best to give all "maybe's" and "I don't know's" to anything that resembled a question, and was telling my parents about it the next day. So, where was she right and where was she wrong? Well, I haven't had twin boys. I had girls, and then a boy, years after she predicted. It took me a long time to sort out what I wanted to do with my life, and I really only achieved this a few years ago (I saw this woman almost 10 years ago). The person watching over me who was deceased had to be my maternal grandfather. He'd died earlier that year and had a twin brother at birth. How sh guessed this still amazes me. Even my sister, who was listening to this with great interest, said, "What? Grandad had a twin? How did I not know this?" I mentioned the woman. My dad piped up and said, "That's granny's grave!" He'd flown to England for her funeral a couple of years earlier she'd organised a great freaking cross to be erected on her grave for when she did jump off the coil. So really, she was vivid in her detail of 2 grandparents, but wrong on pretty much everything else. I really think the only remarkable things were her saying my grandad was a twin, my gran had a cross on her site, and that there was distance. A lot of this is safe guessing. The only long odds are having a grandfather with a twin who died at birth.

Overall, I don't really believe in them, and I reckon you'll hear what you need to hear and possibly confuse yourself more than is worth.

Back
Top Bottom