For Dog Lovers...Part IV - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2013, 04:41 AM   #106
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:19 PM
My housemate's dog goes over to a friend's house on Saturdays and Sundays because we're at work for a large portion of the weend (and the her dog comes over on Mondays/Tuesdays when she's at work). Yesterday my housemate called out of his shift, but we ordered pizza before he went to pick up the dogs, and I have to admit I actually missed having guilt face staring at me, begging for the pepperonis.

Old 10-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #107
The Male

Local Time: 03:19 PM
Welp. This seems legit.

Shetland Sheepdog Sheltie - Lizzie - Medium - Adult - Female | Harrisburg | eBay Classifieds (Kijiji) | 4899687

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #108
Babyface

Local Time: 11:19 PM
I didn't think you could sell dogs on EBay..... Poor puppy is huge!
Old 02-19-2014, 01:56 AM   #109
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:19 PM
haven't dropped in in a l-o-n-g time (way less net acess past 7 months till now)

Liesje- great photo portrait of Nikon

km1- what an adorable puppy (squee)

joyfulgirl- a prarie dog!? *tears*

Dog Commercial- the one with the returning Veteran and her gigantic, shaggy, gray dog!

bye 4 now and
health to you all & your fur friends
Old 02-19-2014, 02:52 PM   #110
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:19 PM
I would really like to have a Shiba Inu someday.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:41 PM   #111
The Male

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:52 PM   #112
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Very Putin. Such Russia. Wow.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:16 PM   #113
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I am taking care of my friend's lab puppy while she and her husband are gone for a week and my dog hates him. The puppy wants to play with him and my dog just snarls and snaps at him constantly and the puppy won't give up. He just follows my dog around and nips at him and tries to swat his face with his paws. I'm afraid my dog will eventually hurt him. My dog is a terrier, so my friend's puppy is a little bigger than him, but it's stressful having them both in the house at the same time because it's just non-stop barking and growling. Any advice?
Old 04-30-2014, 11:48 PM   #114
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Well, we are going to buy a muzzle for my dog tomorrow. He had a meltdown and attacked the puppy and then attacked my hand when I pulled him away. They had been playing nicely with a stick and I think my dog must have cut his mouth and thought the other dog had something to do with it, because there was blood on the puppy's fur, and I think it came from my dog's mouth.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:04 PM   #115
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh my goodness! Yeah, I don't know about that. Clearly not getting along. Probably need to keep them separately, somehow.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:37 PM   #116
45:33

Local Time: 10:19 AM
My lab's like that around other dogs. Just won't quit when other dogs have no interest.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:50 PM   #117
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:19 PM
We got a puppy a couple of months ago. His name is Hans and he is a GSD. Looong wait as we wanted a specific breeder and a specific litter/timing, but it was really worth it. Liesje was super helpful!

8 weeks:

10 weeks:

13-14 weeks:

15 weeks:

17 weeks:
Old 05-02-2014, 11:55 AM   #118
Blue Crack Distributor

Did grow up so quickly :')
Old 05-02-2014, 12:27 PM   #119
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Oh my goodness! Yeah, I don't know about that. Clearly not getting along. Probably need to keep them separately, somehow.
We kept them separate yesterday by alternating time in the pen outside and they both behaved a lot better. The muzzle didn't work; my dog panicked and scratched at it until it came off, which is what I figured would happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
My lab's like that around other dogs. Just won't quit when other dogs have no interest.
That must be a lab thing then. He is totally relentless, even when he's being snarled at and bitten by a dog almost his same size.

And he's at that stage where he wants to bite everything all the time, which is extremely annoying. "No" is probably my most-used word this week. But I did figure out that he hates the taste of vinegar, so when he tries to chew on the couch (or the rug, or shoes, or the chair), I spray it with vinegar so that it tastes bad. Now he sees me coming with the spray bottle and stops chewing most of the time before I get there. If he smells or tastes it, then he grunts and runs around the room a few times, which is pretty funny.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:45 PM   #120
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

My dog has had diarrhea since Friday and is not eating or drinking very much. This morning I went to take him out of his crate to go outside and found out that he couldn't hold it overnight. When I got him outside, he went poop and it was really runny and looked like mucus. After that, he threw up twice, and then pooped again, but acted like he was constipated. He alternates between being normal and acting sick; last night he seemed fine and wanted to play, and then this morning he was really sick again.

His symptoms are worse in the mornings than in the afternoons and evenings. He doesn't drink any water in the mornings and barely any the rest of the day, which makes me worry about dehydration. He ate a handful of plain rice with dog food yesterday and just plain dog food this afternoon. I read that vomiting yellow (which he did this morning) is bile being ejected from the stomach when a dog goes too long between meals, so I don't know if that's just a side effect from his loss of appetite or a symptom of something else going on.

It doesn't seem to be a blockage, since he's still eating a little. He was off heartworm pills for six months and just got back on them last Tuesday. Could it be that he had some other parasites in his system that are dying from the medication and being purged out? That was my mom's theory, which sounds reasonable. His symptoms are almost like Parvo, but he's been vaccinated for that. I'm calling the vet first thing in the morning.