For Dog Lovers...Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you seen that commercial (Bank of America cash rewards or something I think) with the couple and the Newfie? Quite funny, and gives you an idea what you may be in for.

Recent photo of my Nikon (U-CH SG Alta-Tollhaus Bono KKL1 SchH1 T1 FO PA CL1-R U-CA UJJ TF-III FDCh-S ORT HIT TT CGC). I just entered him in a ton of events for the next two months!
8653203298_02be8b79d6_z.jpg

The female we bred to him in March
408280_496224530406978_1986540477_n.jpg

So I was taking my dog (1 year old, 30lb, French Bulldog) for a walk a few weeks ago, and some kids asked me if he was a dog or cat.

Apparently they see a lot of 30lb cats walking around on leashes? WTF is wrong with people?

You wouldn't believe how many times I was asked if my Chihuahua was a prairie dog. :huh:

Love German Shepherds. Love them. Had a lady growing up, and she was just awesomely smart.

Have you seen that commercial (Bank of America cash rewards or something I think) with the couple and the Newfie? Quite funny, and gives you an idea what you may be in for.

Yeah, that's cute ad.

We had a Newf years ago, so we think we remember what to expect. She was 160 lbs. I suspect we are forgetting how much slobber there'll be.

We bring her home today. I'll try and be more regular about posting and get some pictures of her up.

So I was taking my dog (1 year old, 30lb, French Bulldog) for a walk a few weeks ago, and some kids asked me if he was a dog or cat.

Apparently they see a lot of 30lb cats walking around on leashes? WTF is wrong with people?

I did have to do a doubletake earlier this week. This small Springer Spaniel looking thing was walking in someone's yard. Turned out to be a big cat--one of the bigger ones I've seen.

My housemate's dog goes over to a friend's house on Saturdays and Sundays because we're at work for a large portion of the weend (and the her dog comes over on Mondays/Tuesdays when she's at work). Yesterday my housemate called out of his shift, but we ordered pizza before he went to pick up the dogs, and I have to admit I actually missed having guilt face staring at me, begging for the pepperonis.

haven't dropped in in a l-o-n-g time (way less net acess past 7 months till now)

Liesje- great photo portrait of Nikon

km1- what an adorable puppy (squee)

joyfulgirl- a prarie dog!? :lol: *tears*

Dog Commercial- the one with the returning Veteran and her gigantic, shaggy, gray dog! :heart:

bye 4 now and
health to you all & your fur friends

I am taking care of my friend's lab puppy while she and her husband are gone for a week and my dog hates him. The puppy wants to play with him and my dog just snarls and snaps at him constantly and the puppy won't give up. He just follows my dog around and nips at him and tries to swat his face with his paws. I'm afraid my dog will eventually hurt him. My dog is a terrier, so my friend's puppy is a little bigger than him, but it's stressful having them both in the house at the same time because it's just non-stop barking and growling. :crack: Any advice?

Well, we are going to buy a muzzle for my dog tomorrow. He had a meltdown and attacked the puppy and then attacked my hand when I pulled him away. They had been playing nicely with a stick and I think my dog must have cut his mouth and thought the other dog had something to do with it, because there was blood on the puppy's fur, and I think it came from my dog's mouth.

Oh my goodness! Yeah, I don't know about that. Clearly not getting along. Probably need to keep them separately, somehow.

We got a puppy a couple of months ago. His name is Hans and he is a GSD. Looong wait as we wanted a specific breeder and a specific litter/timing, but it was really worth it. Liesje was super helpful!

8 weeks:
1379877_10101545307977801_697669147_n.jpg

10 weeks:
1932258_10101555538256241_498839794_n.jpg

13-14 weeks:
1978671_10101592535219031_4671610107140334672_n.jpg

15 weeks:
10177888_10101610630670601_8423481626947044306_n.jpg

17 weeks:
10257990_10101627928600411_1583016920951784794_n.jpg

Oh my goodness! Yeah, I don't know about that. Clearly not getting along. Probably need to keep them separately, somehow.

We kept them separate yesterday by alternating time in the pen outside and they both behaved a lot better. The muzzle didn't work; my dog panicked and scratched at it until it came off, which is what I figured would happen.

My lab's like that around other dogs. Just won't quit when other dogs have no interest.

That must be a lab thing then. He is totally relentless, even when he's being snarled at and bitten by a dog almost his same size.

And he's at that stage where he wants to bite everything all the time, which is extremely annoying. "No" is probably my most-used word this week. But I did figure out that he hates the taste of vinegar, so when he tries to chew on the couch (or the rug, or shoes, or the chair), I spray it with vinegar so that it tastes bad. Now he sees me coming with the spray bottle and stops chewing most of the time before I get there. If he smells or tastes it, then he grunts and runs around the room a few times, which is pretty funny.

My dog has had diarrhea since Friday and is not eating or drinking very much. This morning I went to take him out of his crate to go outside and found out that he couldn't hold it overnight. When I got him outside, he went poop and it was really runny and looked like mucus. After that, he threw up twice, and then pooped again, but acted like he was constipated. He alternates between being normal and acting sick; last night he seemed fine and wanted to play, and then this morning he was really sick again.

His symptoms are worse in the mornings than in the afternoons and evenings. He doesn't drink any water in the mornings and barely any the rest of the day, which makes me worry about dehydration. He ate a handful of plain rice with dog food yesterday and just plain dog food this afternoon. I read that vomiting yellow (which he did this morning) is bile being ejected from the stomach when a dog goes too long between meals, so I don't know if that's just a side effect from his loss of appetite or a symptom of something else going on.

It doesn't seem to be a blockage, since he's still eating a little. He was off heartworm pills for six months and just got back on them last Tuesday. Could it be that he had some other parasites in his system that are dying from the medication and being purged out? That was my mom's theory, which sounds reasonable. His symptoms are almost like Parvo, but he's been vaccinated for that. I'm calling the vet first thing in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom