For Dog Lovers.... Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well? C'mon people :grumpy: :corn:

When I got home from my trip, Cesar was so excited, he peed on my feet :cute: :|

Perks is right. Did I mention they were open-toed shoes? lol.. gotta love it

k, people.. we need more pictures of your furrkids :waiting:

Ummmm, here's a dog I saw on the street in Chicago
2902690934_d7f85340af.jpg

And here's my puppy's future handler, I hope. Look at the pipes she got handling dogs!
2893409233_6a4a20e12d.jpg

congrats!^

it's been a super long time since I have owned a dog too. Have had a cat (and still do) for the last 15 yrs. Better situation for me now and my son is at a good age for having a dog.

Ummmm, here's a dog I saw on the street in Chicago
2902690934_d7f85340af.jpg

Lovely border collie, looks a lot like my first dog.

After keeping my parent's dog for a month, I'm positive that I want one for myself now. Still looking at a big dog though, so it might be a while before I can get the money. I've talked to St Bernard and Bernese Mountain Dog owners at the dog park, and their dogs are absolutely beautiful sooks. :cute: Still leaning towards a Newfoundland, though.

Lovely border collie, looks a lot like my first dog.

After keeping my parent's dog for a month, I'm positive that I want one for myself now. Still looking at a big dog though, so it might be a while before I can get the money. I've talked to St Bernard and Bernese Mountain Dog owners at the dog park, and their dogs are absolutely beautiful sooks. :cute: Still leaning towards a Newfoundland, though.

I had a Great Pyrenees just before my current dog and he was wonderful. One of the best dogs I've ever had. You would think such a big dog would be a problem to have in the house, but he was a very, very good indoor dog. Someday I'd like to get another one, but the one drawback to huge dogs is they tend not to live very long. When Bailey got older he aged really fast and I just couldn't face another huge dog with a short lifespan at the time, so when one of our neighbors had a litter of Heelers we got one of those (I'd long wanted a Heeler too, so it worked out very well). We brought Zeke (the Heeler) home the day after we put Bailey down (we didn't want him to have to deal with an irritating puppy in his final days).

My in-laws have an American Cocker
2145829128_4a1566e373.jpg

We're also friends with the parent's of Phil's little sister's husband and they have a black English Cocker (they had two but the male died recently).

I had a Great Pyrenees just before my current dog and he was wonderful. One of the best dogs I've ever had. You would think such a big dog would be a problem to have in the house, but he was a very, very good indoor dog. Someday I'd like to get another one, but the one drawback to huge dogs is they tend not to live very long. When Bailey got older he aged really fast and I just couldn't face another huge dog with a short lifespan at the time, so when one of our neighbors had a litter of Heelers we got one of those (I'd long wanted a Heeler too, so it worked out very well). We brought Zeke (the Heeler) home the day after we put Bailey down (we didn't want him to have to deal with an irritating puppy in his final days).

Pyreneans are a beautiful breed, and I think I know of at least one breeder not too far from where I live. Thanks for the info, how long did Bailey live?

San Punk have you ever seen a Leonberger? *drools*

leonberger-picture.jpg

leonberger.jpg

They look kinda gnarly in pictures but are so regal and handsome in person

Pyreneans are a beautiful breed, and I think I know of at least one breeder not too far from where I live. Thanks for the info, how long did Bailey live?

He was just under nine when he died. That seems to be fairly typical, although I did know one person who had one live to 12-12 1/2. That dog however, was on the small side for a Pyr, while Bailey, although not as large as some Pyrs I've seen, still topped out at 130 lbs/59 kgs.

Bailey was just the sweetest dog too. He was great with the cats (was baddies with several of them) and absolutely adored my mum. My mum wasn't in the best of health and sometimes when she'd walk him she'd be a bit wobbly. He would walk really slowly and would stay right next to her so she could lean on him. He was absolutely devoted to her. :)

San Punk have you ever seen a Leonberger? *drools*

leonberger-picture.jpg

leonberger.jpg

They look kinda gnarly in pictures but are so regal and handsome in person

Not in person, but what a beautiful dog! :love: I don't know if I could find one around here, though.

As said though, I've had my heart set on a Newf for a few years now, but all dogs are good.

I just discovered this thread, and I love dogs! I want another dog. I've had 2 Australian Shepherds: Rusty and Max. Rusty was what we called our "mutant shepherd"...95 lbs! He was a sweetheart, only lived 8 yrs. Now we have Max, who was supposed to be a mini aussie, started out that way but now he is about 50 lbs. About average for the breed. His nick name is "devil dog". He's very challenging!!!

I don't have a ton of experience with terriers, but they definitely can be high-energy. The key is a lot of exercise and mental stimulation :yes:

My hubby wants a Wesh Terrier, had one as a kid. Aren't almost all terriers pretty hyper?

It's not so much that they are hyper, but terriers have this bullheaded, fight-to-the-death temperament. Most are bred to be very resilient dogs to work in some of the most awful conditions. So they can be quite hyper, stubborn, sometimes dog aggressive, and very prey drivey. Many people get them b/c they are little thinking they are suited to be a companion like a toy dog and often get way in over their head! I work with German Shepherds and other large working dogs and I will not add a terrier to my pack!

From last night. I love this lens. The camera I'm borrowing came with two and this one is my fave. The photos are always very sharp and I love the DOF. Sometimes the light and color is off but that's my fault.

2912462422_e501905231.jpg

2911614831_72775b5462.jpg

2911616385_469daaacde.jpg

2911618577_69fa383d20.jpg

2912467646_97d32662c3.jpg

2912468620_01e67446ba.jpg

2911620377_05478fd3c2.jpg

2911620607_e8a613d728.jpg

2911620701_679d77ea0b.jpg

2911620847_c05c90c53d.jpg

2912466012_6e40749c5d.jpg

Status