For Dog Lovers.... Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any experience using melatonin for a dog? For an extended period (ie, not just during a thunderstorm)?

I haven't had a dog since I was in high school, but I read this today and wanted to share it with you guys. The writer is a very funny sports columnist from ESPN who has a very loyal and rabid online following, and often writes about his friends and family so you feel you kind of know the guy.

I found this very moving, and hope you do as well. It's a beautiful piece of writing with an ending that will rip your heart out:

Sports Guy: One final toss for The Dooze - ESPN Page 2

I haven't had a dog since I was in high school, but I read this today and wanted to share it with you guys. The writer is a very funny sports columnist from ESPN who has a very loyal and rabid online following, and often writes about his friends and family so you feel you kind of know the guy.

I found this very moving, and hope you do as well. It's a beautiful piece of writing with an ending that will rip your heart out:

omg.. what a gut wrenching story.. wow.. I am so welled up right now..:sad: thanks for this.. So so moved by this as well.

he's a very funny writer..

3218729522_6a4c96f602.jpg

I'm a dog lover...not a fighter.

Phil, still love that pic :wink: The babies are too funny.

Amy, how big is da Gracie now? :cute: Cesar just turned 8 months, and I'm estimating he's about 60lbs, but I need to get him on a proper scale. I tried to lift him onto mine the other day and I have the battle scars to prove it :lol:

Stuff like this always gets me, I'm afraid I'll be a mess after reading it :uhoh:

Phil, still love that pic :wink: The babies are too funny.

Amy, how big is da Gracie now? :cute: Cesar just turned 8 months, and I'm estimating he's about 60lbs, but I need to get him on a proper scale. I tried to lift him onto mine the other day and I have the battle scars to prove it :lol:

Stuff like this always gets me, I'm afraid I'll be a mess after reading it :uhoh:

she's getting real big.. everyone that see her say omg look how big she is.. She is 5 months now and has to be at least 40 lbs.. I will take a picture of her and post it here this week..

also, today was her first day at beginning education (puppy class) at petsmart and she did great. Loves those treats. Very attentive pupil that girl is.:D

oh, man. thats so sad. :(

she's getting real big.. everyone that see her say omg look how big she is.. She is 5 months now and has to be at least 40 lbs.. I will take a picture of her and post it here this week..

also, today was her first day at beginning education (puppy class) at petsmart and she did great. Loves those treats. Very attentive pupil that girl is.:D

Wow, she's 5 months already! Do take new pics :D I need to take new Cesar pics too. The most recent ones I have are 3 months ago.

When I put my aunt (she had downs syndrome and I take care of her) to bed, Zeke jumps on her bed and waits for his nightly belly rub. Here's a pic.

zekeandcatsjan09007.jpg

:)

Awesome!

There's a red heeler running loose in our neighborhood. He peed all over my yard and my stuff this weekend. I went out to catch him but he bolted and I quit b/c he was running towards one of the busiest streets in the state. Then today Phil saw him in the front yard and again he ran across, almost getting beaned. On my way home I saw him a block from our house, running down the sidewalk.

ok, question;

I now have two dogs and I take them for walks, but they are very hard to control. Do I shorten the length of the chain so that they walk to my side?

ok, question;

I now have two dogs and I take them for walks, but they are very hard to control. Do I shorten the length of the chain so that they walk to my side?

Nopers, train 'em not to pull!

Pressure on the lead only activates their reflex to resist. The harder you pull backward, the more they are going to bear down forward (oppositional reflex, if they are not trained NOT to pull it's just a natural reaction).

How old are they, what breeds are they, and what kind of training have they had? What collars are they currently wearing?

Thanks lol. He's biting a French linen tug toy. Puppy "bite pillow" and puppy sleeves are generally made of French linen. It's one of his favorite textures to bite. The softer, cushier tugs are good for puppies because it encourages them to bite "full" (ie, their entire jaw is on the sleeve, not just the front teeth - which unfortunately is what he is doing in the avatar).

This dog is also biting a French linen sleeve cover
bite-sleeve-cover-french-linen-Bite-Protection-Sleeve-5_LRG.jpg

bite-tug-cotton-material-french-linen-bite-tug-dog-dog.jpg

This is the French linen thingy in my av

3101094395_8eeeea485b.jpg

3101093781_e52e077613.jpg

I can swing him in circles and hang him by his jaws, he will not let go.
3122076120_211d8e33aa.jpg

How long do bully sticks last? I was thinking about giving Wally one but Charlie can't have one so I don't know. On a side note I wanted to say sorry for calling Kenya Chopper. Ooops. :reject:

You can call her either, she answers to both (and several other things, lol).

Coke's bully sticks last about 20 minutes. Nikons...a few hours. The curlies seem to last longer for Nikon.

I found another pic of Nikon's father, V1 Markus vom Status Quo SchH3 KKl1. It's actually a screen shot I made from a YouTube video. I think this is from Quenn's progeny group at the German Sieger show in 2007. Markus is noted as very "type-y", rich color, dark mask, and good pigment.

3232232173_343cb729f1_o.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom