For Dog Lovers.... Part 3 - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 07:11 PM   #61
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:59 PM
well, I am back from a long and exciting weekend in southern va. I just got back about an hour ago. It took us 5 1/2 hrs to get to the breeder but we made it thanks to the GPS... thank god for these things.. Cuz she is out in the country, way out there.. The breeder, Peggy and her husband Don were real nice down to earth southern people who let us play with the puppies for a good couple of hours. It was so fun. I was choosing between two females because she was still deciding between the other two for herself, she is going to keep one for show and or breeding. They had been microchipped already so when the 2 puppies were out we had to scan them a couple of times to figure out who was who. So, it wasn't easy to choose but we finally did. We choose her because of her sweet disposition, she was playful tugging on our shoe strings but not too overly aggressive and she wasn't too shy either, and she explored independently at times too. It was so sweet, after awhile she fell asleep in my arms, I was in love right there.. The puppies are socialized very well it was obvious. The pups had no problem approaching us and liked being picked up. They were also used to other animals too, she had 3 cats there that were outside cats. Oh, and we got to see some newborn pups that were born that day to a fox red lab named katie. That was so cool, I have never seen pups that young.

So it looks like we are going with the name Gracie cuz she just seemed peaceful, graceful and just so sweet. I really like the name.. I couldn't convince the hubby tho to name her after something U2, like zooropa..lol Oh well, that's ok..

here are pics we got..

Old 10-19-2008, 07:18 PM   #62
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:59 PM
Aww she's adorable. Lots of fun ahead for you!!!

Old 10-19-2008, 07:56 PM   #63
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:59 PM
Awwwwww!!! So cute, I just love her little tail.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:05 PM   #64
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Adorable little pup Amy! how big will she get? I love the name Gracie too, that seems so perfect from what you describe. She's adorable!
Old 10-19-2008, 08:52 PM   #65
Jesus Online

Local Time: 01:59 PM
She's lovely
Old 10-19-2008, 09:02 PM   #66
Blue Crack Addict

she will probably be between 50 and 60lbs.

thanks.. she is so sweet I can't begin to tell ya.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:24 PM   #67
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:59 PM
x 1,000,000!
Old 10-20-2008, 02:06 AM   #68
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:59 PM
The elusive Amy! Your fuzzball is so darling
Old 10-20-2008, 06:53 AM   #69
Blue Crack Addict

she's a fuzz ball all right. Her coat is thicker, a little more coarser than the others. We were calling her fuzzy at first, that is how I could tell the difference between the pups.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:24 PM   #70
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 10-20-2008, 03:05 PM   #71
Refugee

Local Time: 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Fanatic4ever View Post

x 100000000000!! Look at that face!!
Old 10-21-2008, 12:30 PM   #72
Blue Crack Addict

Nikon's had a busy week! Saturday (the day he came home) he went to the pet store and my parents, Sunday to grandpa's, Monday to the vet and pet store again, Tuesday to the baseball fields, Wednesday to work again, Thurs-Sun we went to a HUGE dog show in Kentucky where he was held and played with all day by passing kids. He may have been a little overstimulated at times but I'm REALLY pushing the kid thing because Kenya has issues with toddlers. I don't really know many kids younger than age 6 so I'm trying to get Nikon out somewhere every single day. Much easier to do now than have to spend months or years dealing with it later on (as with Kenya). Yesterday was the first day we stayed at home, b/c I was sick (I did go to my mom's but left Nikon home in the puppy pen b/c I didn't have the energy to make sure he didn't chew my mom's stuff). At the dog show a few people wanted to buy Nikon from me, hehe.

The chew shoe

Sleeping in my arms at the dog show

The next two are Nikon's siblings

Old 10-21-2008, 12:36 PM   #73
Blue Crack Addict

(he is sitting ON Coke)
Old 10-21-2008, 12:56 PM   #74
War Child

Those are nice pics Lies. How do you get Nikon not to chew on the new people she meets?
Old 10-21-2008, 01:17 PM   #75
Blue Crack Addict

Oh he chews on them indeed! He was biting all over those kids and I apologized, but they come from kennel families that were at the show, most of them have or have had several litters of their own on the ground. They all told me they were used to it. I was actually surprised they spent so much time with our pups since they all had their own dogs (I saw all those kids in the ring handling dogs in the Junior class). Nikon bit the little boy in the ear and the girl in the face, and that was just in the 5 minutes I was there to change memory cards. My friend said the kids sat in the pen for hours and would only leave to go buy the dogs more treats.

Nikon's biting is about what I expected. He bites and barks at everything but luckily has been good about not attacking my legs and feet. I try to redirect him by always having at least two chew toys on me at all times and we've been doing some rag work to satiate his prey drive. He LOVES Coke and honestly burns most of his energy playing with Coke. They either chase each other around the yard, share a toy where they each tug on one end, or Coke lays down and Nikon jumps and bites all over him (Coke is a good sport).

I may be lucky that he was back with his siblings for Thurs - Sun. They learn most of their bite inhibition from each other. Now that they are varied in size and temperament there were a few real squabbles they had to work out. The big boy bit Nikon's ear so hard it bled all over.