For Dog Lovers.... Part 3 - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 09:55 AM   #331
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:26 AM
Nikon has certainly grown, but he looks no less adorable! I love the one of them all waitng for a treat, Lies.

I've been keeping Billie alone for the past few days. Great experience, I think - talked to a friend of a breeder toda at the dog park, I might be getting an Irish Wolfhound sometime this year.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:59 AM   #332
Jesus Online

Local Time: 11:56 AM
that will be so awesome if you do get one.

i love this thread. cute hounds everywhere!

Old 01-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #333
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:56 PM
That's a lotta dog!

One of Bailey for samralf (sorry about the eye!)
Old 01-04-2009, 03:07 PM   #334
War Child

Local Time: 08:56 PM
Chopper is so pretty!!!!
Old 01-08-2009, 06:54 PM   #335
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
That's a lotta dog!

One of Bailey for samralf (sorry about the eye!)
Odd. I am just now seeing this picture. Hmmm Wow!! She has changed!!! She is soo pretty!!! How is she doing? How big is she?
Old 01-11-2009, 05:56 AM   #336
Refugee

This is gorgeous George, my aunt and uncle's beautiful German Shepherd, who paid a visit this afternoon

Old 01-11-2009, 12:32 PM   #337
War Child

George is a cutie!!!
Old 01-11-2009, 05:20 PM   #338
Blue Crack Addict

George

OMG, what a day! Got up super early for a dog show. Then while I was in the shower someone pooped (diarrhea) on the carpet. Luckily I had enough time to SpotBot. Then the car was totally iced over, took forever to get moving. We needed gas, DH needed food, then we had to pull over b/c the wipers and the spray were iced and we couldn't see. Got to the show as it started, but then the judges took FOREVER and Nikon, Bailey, Billie, etc didn't even show until 2:30pm! Then I get home to find about 10 poop spots all over the carpet. Off-white carpet + German Shepherd diarrhea. I'm just glad I left the dogs out of their crates. Cleaning poo off the carpet IS actually easier than cleaning it off a very upset dog and all the wires of the crate. Everything has been SpotBotted and Febreezed, I'm thinking of borrowing a friend's carpet steamer again. I don't know what is wrong with Kenya. I gave all the dogs an Interceptor b/c they are due (maybe she has a parasite that will kill) and gave Kenya metronidazole, I know it's bad to just give one but it's my last resort, I have to work tomorrow and they don't take as kindly to staying home with a sick dog as a sick kid. She's in her crate and is being fasted for the day, poor thing. At least Nikon is passed out tired from the show! Coke got to ride in the car to the grocery store mid-SpotBotting b/c I ran out of cleaning solution.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:41 PM   #339
War Child

So, how did they do? I hope Kenya is ok. Charlie got sick on Friday. He puked a bunch of times. Won't know whats wrong with him till Monday.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:54 PM   #340
Blue Crack Addict

Well it was an AKC show and the judge told us outright she didn't know there were different types of GSDs. Julie informed her that she must like American dogs b/c that's who she put up. I always get a laugh when judges try to tell Julie what to do. She's been breeding and showing these dogs for 30 years and is a judge herself! Nikon got 3 of 3, Bailey 2 of 3 (Billie was 3rd, she was scared), Schumi got 1 of 1, Inja got 1 of 3 (beat Bailey and Billie, coincidentally Inja is the most "American" looking even though she's an import). I explained to Brittany that it would be an insult for us to win this show because we have German dogs and these judges put up American dogs Nikon showed really well. I handled him myself two times. His gaiting was awesome. He stacked good and even held it for a few seconds each time. Gotta work on showing the bite.

Kira is in heat again and Kelly told me that Julie wants to breed her to Quenn in Germany. Quenn is a TOP dog, he is Markus' father (so the pups' granddog). If she can't get Quenn she wants another Quenn son.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #341
Jesus Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
George

OMG, what a day! Got up super early for a dog show. Then while I was in the shower someone pooped (diarrhea) on the carpet. Luckily I had enough time to SpotBot. Then the car was totally iced over, took forever to get moving. We needed gas, DH needed food, then we had to pull over b/c the wipers and the spray were iced and we couldn't see. Got to the show as it started, but then the judges took FOREVER and Nikon, Bailey, Billie, etc didn't even show until 2:30pm! Then I get home to find about 10 poop spots all over the carpet. Off-white carpet + German Shepherd diarrhea. I'm just glad I left the dogs out of their crates. Cleaning poo off the carpet IS actually easier than cleaning it off a very upset dog and all the wires of the crate. Everything has been SpotBotted and Febreezed, I'm thinking of borrowing a friend's carpet steamer again. I don't know what is wrong with Kenya. I gave all the dogs an Interceptor b/c they are due (maybe she has a parasite that will kill) and gave Kenya metronidazole, I know it's bad to just give one but it's my last resort, I have to work tomorrow and they don't take as kindly to staying home with a sick dog as a sick kid. She's in her crate and is being fasted for the day, poor thing. At least Nikon is passed out tired from the show! Coke got to ride in the car to the grocery store mid-SpotBotting b/c I ran out of cleaning solution.
oh, man. nothing like 3 indoor large breed dogs in winter who are sick. you mustb get so sick of cleaning carpet!
Old 01-11-2009, 08:09 PM   #342
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah *sigh* At least it gets me actually cleaning the carpet! It didn't take too long, maybe 45 minutes to completely clean 10 different spots. Basically I suck up the poo, pour NAture's Miracle on it to absorb odor and enzyme, suck that up, pour water on it and suck that up, then spray with the pet odor/stain carpet solution and suck, do that last step over and over until the spot is gone and the solution is coming up clear (and I stick my nose on it an smell it, lol). Would've taken SO much longer with rags and cleaning solution. Just when we're done with potty training the wee one and now this....
Old 01-11-2009, 08:31 PM   #343
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:56 PM
Lies, you can also try sprinkling some baking soda on the carpet, leaving it a while, then vacuuming it up if there's any lingering odor. Works well.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #344
Blue Crack Addict

I finally made a video of my photos from the North American Sieger Show. They are compressed and stretched a bit (Vimeo uses different resolution), but this is how I spend weekends and "vacations"...

WDA North American Sieger Show 2008 on Vimeo
Old 01-11-2009, 10:31 PM   #345
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I don't think I've posted any shots of my MinPin 'kids' since we put Chance down in May (he was our 14yr old...he had spine deterioration/nerve dmg due to old injuries that weren't properly addressed before we rescued him & had begun to loose motor control in his legs. We decided with our vet that although he'd probably make it through surgery, it would just prolong the inevitable - tough, tough, tough ).

In this picture are (L to R): Sprout, who's 2; Ringo, the newest addition, is 1; and Pepper just turned 16 in November.