For Dog Lovers.... Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my pups!
tibb04.jpg

Nebo ~ siberian husky ~ 6 years
sf01.jpg

Keva ~ siberian husky ~ 2 years
sf08.jpg

Skya ~ siberian husky ~ almost 8 months
snow40.jpg

They have their own blog The Husky Dog Blog

Gorgeous! Their blog is very cute, too. ;) Fancy a husky or malamute myself, though I've always been a bit concerned with how they'd handle the heat down here.

Wow I found a post to request a favor from my U2 pals.

My wife entered our 2 yr old Beagle Luxe in the "Cutest Dog In San Antonio" contest. Right now she is in 3rd and is only like 4-5 votes behind another dog. Its a bit far fetch for Luxe to get 1st but will make my wife happy if she could guarantee 2nd. Here is the link:

http://mysa.upickem.net/engine/votes.aspx

You have to register with mysa.com (news publication in San Antonio TX) but they don't send you anything. Then just vote for Luxe who is on page 2 titled "Luxurious".

I consider Interference a great friend of mine and this favor would bring a smile to my wife who has tagged along (and enjoyed) 5 U2 shows with me :wave:

:bump:

CesarBoo at 9 months. We had quite the fun trying to get his new hoodie on :angry:

"What's this? :hyper: Is it edible? :hyper: No, don't put it on me, I want to eat it :hyper:"

cesarhood.jpg

cesarcloseup.jpg

cesarhoodie.jpg

cesarsilly.jpg

:bump:

CesarBoo at 9 months. We had quite the fun trying to get his new hoodie on :angry:

"What's this? :hyper: Is it edible? :hyper: No, don't put it on me, I want to eat it :hyper:"

cesarhood.jpg

cesarcloseup.jpg

cesarhoodie.jpg

cesarsilly.jpg

:lol::giggle::lmao:

i can so relate to this.. gracie thinks combing/grooming, brushing her teeth and putting on a halter is edible and a game all at the same time...puppies.. what can ya do.. just lub them to death.. and snuggles..

oh ma gah! lookit that pittie!! :cute:

Phil called me before noon and Nikon had already chewed through a pair of headphones, the power cord on my Dyson DC14 Animal, and his new mp3 player. Last week he ate an expensive memory card and after I trimmed his nail too short and thought it had clotted, he got blood ALL over my living room (off white carpet). He's also recently shredded Phil's W2s, a bunch of waiver forms for our dog club (I'm the secretary so I keep the paperwork), and a magazine that had some of my photos printed in it.

But yeah I always side with him and say I/we/Phil shouldn't be leaving stuff in his reach.

Practicin' being a show dog
3305736646_5261206c94.jpg

Rippin' mah pants
3305138382_11a3aee039.jpg

Guarding the (fake) dead squirrel yesterday. It looks nice but it was actually bitter cold.
3320116120_d21e87db99.jpg

it was snow day at the Phillips' house...

introducing snow dawg and her nemsis, Liam... :D

IMG_1473.jpg

IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1475.jpg

lookie at that face
GracieSnowDawg.jpg

graciesnowdawg1.jpg

graciesnowdawg2.jpg

snowdawg.jpg

snowgracie.jpg

snowgracie1.jpg

and my sweet boy... awwwwwwwwwwww (i know he isn't a four-legged creature but c'mon he's my kid)
love this pic.
sweetfaceLiam.jpg

Cute! I want one of those shock absorbers for my tie out. Coke knows how long the line extends so he never hits the end, but sometimes if the neighbor's dog is out, I put Nikon on the line (usually he's free) and he will take off and hit the end.

I haven't posted any photos of the kids in a while. Here are some recent ones:

3323742882_d005b66ed3.jpg

A goofy Grace Kelly playing in the snow:
3182240965_76d4e9214b.jpg

Sibling rivalry:
3183065634_47feef2b6e.jpg

Cosmo & Gracie :heart:
3094612858_6c1b1e8912.jpg

My goofy girl doing what she does best (besides sleeping, haha):
3078071213_7cd6246d32.jpg

^ Ah, gorgeous! I love them when they're goofy.

I can't believe how big Nikon and Gracie are getting :ohmy: :love:

HELP...

I think my dog is sick but I don't know what to do. I've been searching online but my dog's symptoms aren't severe enough or I'm reading her symptoms incorrectly.
:sad: :sad:
She keeps shaking or shivering, and pants heavily when someone touches her nowadays. She's a very socially outgoing dog so human interaction isn't anything new to her. She can't seem to walk properly and she stopped doing her doggy trotting on the driveway. She's usually active especially when I'm at home, but for the past week or so, she's been sleeping all day and flat out refuses to move.. even when I nudge her to let me hold her. She rarely climbs the stairs these days, so I carry her up from floor to floor.

Please help me! :sigh:
My mom and dad refuse to take her to the vet because of the money, so I'm honestly stuck here wondering what I should do.

I'm not sure how old she is, maybe 7 or 8 years old, and she isn't overweight or anything. She's a healthy dog-- I take her on routine walks when the weather is nice.

Any help or advice is appreciated..

What kind is she? It can really be any number of things so I'm not sure where to start. I know my in-laws dog has seizure-like episodes when his ear infections are really bad, b/c it effects his balance.

I don't know what breed she is but she's a small dog. Another family was moving away so they gave her to us a few years ago. She's never had health issues, yet, and has all of her shots up to date.

Here are a couple recent photos:

puppypup.jpg

puppysleepsback.jpg

myprecious.jpg

:sigh:
As I'm writing this, she's laying on my bed, her head resting on her front paws... just staring at me. I know something's wrong but I don't know what.

Did she recently fall off of anything or possibly do something involving a big jump or something similar? Is she using her rear legs? Does she seem painful in a particular part, like her neck or her lower back area? Anything else off with her---like eating or incontinence?

Ulp. Do your folks absolutely refuse to pay for ANY veterinary care for her, period, or is just that they don't want to spend money on something minor, like a little bellyache or a slight touch of arthritis? Because it's a pretty safe bet that prolonged chronic shivering and panting, which seems to be what you're describing, is a sign of fairly bad pain and distress, and that's not even taking into account the difficulty walking.

Last edited:
i tried to do the "gentle patting" technique on her, to see where she flinches.

i comfort her by stroking her head and neck, so she seems fine with that. but when it comes to her belly and lower abdomen... she almost bit my hand off. pressure on her sides made her snap at me. it wasn't pretty..

right now i just yelled at my mom for not doing anything. i'm kinda scared though.. :sad:
figuring the area that her pain is, there's a big chance that it's something severe. :slant:

Have you noticed any changes in her eating, drinking and/or potty habits? Poor appetite, extra-thirsty, diarrhea, vomiting or any other such?

^ yep. she doesn't eat as much anymore, she pees often, and i think she's been having diarrhea.

her stomach feels like a rock? her belly feels extremely bloated. my dog that passed away a couple years ago had the same symptoms, but maybe i'm just overreading everything. :slant:

i'm planning on taking her to the vet today, whether my parents like it or not. i can't live without this girl so... yeah.
hopefully her condition will improve. :up:

I'm primarily a big-dog person, but your pup is absolutely gorgeous, and it breaks my heart to know she's in pain. Glad to hear you'll take her to the vet, though, and I certainly hope that she's alright.

^ yep. she doesn't eat as much anymore, she pees often, and i think she's been having diarrhea.

her stomach feels like a rock? her belly feels extremely bloated. my dog that passed away a couple years ago had the same symptoms, but maybe i'm just overreading everything. :slant:

i'm planning on taking her to the vet today, whether my parents like it or not. i can't live without this girl so... yeah.
hopefully her condition will improve. :up:

I'm sending you a PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom