For Cat Lovers Only XVIV - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry for your loss.

I thought I would feel the same way about this thread once our cat passed away. But actually, its been quite the opposite.

Even though I don't post pictures anymore, I really do enjoy checking in here once in a while and seeing all the pics and reading about everyone's cats. Almost theraputic in its own way.

I hope over time, you too can participate again.

No. :( I'm so sorry to hear that, and for your loss. :( He was such a gorgeous boy, and I loved seeing the pictures you posted of him. :heart:

Also, u2shamrock, thanks for your kind words earlier. A giant part of welcoming the kittens into the world for me was sharing the event with everyone on here...since there are very few people in my real life that share my cat enthusiasm. :) I've come to realize that there are definite issues in properly caring for so many house cats at one time, but still, I haven't regretted my decision to keep them all for a second, I couldn't imagine this household without all of them. :heart:

Sorry for your loss.

I thought I would feel the same way about this thread once our cat passed away. But actually, its been quite the opposite.

Even though I don't post pictures anymore, I really do enjoy checking in here once in a while and seeing all the pics and reading about everyone's cats. Almost theraputic in its own way.

I hope over time, you too can participate again.

I'm glad to "see" you, Drowningman. I miss your photos of your beautiful Keto, and I hope that someday you will have another "fur-kid" to share with us.

Here is our tribe: Callie, Bronwyn, Fergus, and Finnula. When we bought this house in 2006, we moved in with one cat, Callie. In a couple of months we adopted the big ginger boy that had been hanging around the back yard and named him Fergus. In 2012, a feral mama cat had kittens under our shed and finally decided that the kits were old enough for them not to need her any more. We had to take them in, and named them Bronwyn and Finnula. <3

CallieBronwynFergusFinnula052102_zps27861875.jpg

here's some recent ones of my little lovie….

I love to sit outside on my deck in the summer but couldn't stand the meowing/whining that was going on in the house from Wesley. So here's my solution to that and now we both get to enjoy the summer/fall months outside together. He LOVES it!

Hanging out by the fireplace….this is currently his favorite spot in the house.

:heart: I love this sweet face so much!

He likes to hop up on my dresser at night and play hard to get. He hits me :cute: tries to bite me, meows at me and then curls up into a little ball next to me in bed and purrs himself to sleep.

My little Viking! :love: This is by far my favorite costume I have for him! So darn cute :)

here's another picture of him in the Viking outfit. I was laying on the floor in front of him so here he is trying to rip the camera out of my hand.

They are so pretty, how big is Fergus?

Thanks, Mrs. Garrison. Fergus is about 18 pounds, long legged, and maybe 18 inches from his neck to the root of his tail. He's a big 'un, but mostly very gentle, and treat the young 'uns (Bronwyn and Finnula) like they are his babies sometimes, cleaning their ears and such. :love:

I'm glad to "see" you, Drowningman. I miss your photos of your beautiful Keto, and I hope that someday you will have another "fur-kid" to share with us.

Here is our tribe: Callie, Bronwyn, Fergus, and Finnula. When we bought this house in 2006, we moved in with one cat, Callie. In a couple of months we adopted the big ginger boy that had been hanging around the back yard and named him Fergus. In 2012, a feral mama cat had kittens under our shed and finally decided that the kits were old enough for them not to need her any more. We had to take them in, and named them Bronwyn and Finnula. <3

This is fantastic. It could be an album cover.

this boy lets me do whatever I want to him, from clothing to cutting his nails to going in his kennel for the vet, and he purrs the entire time. :heart::heart::heart:

He's a very sweet cat.

WoW he is very sweet (i could never do that without getting hissed or worse) :wink:

Thanks, Mrs. Garrison. Fergus is about 18 pounds, long legged, and maybe 18 inches from his neck to the root of his tail. He's a big 'un, but mostly very gentle, and treat the young 'uns (Bronwyn and Finnula) like they are his babies sometimes, cleaning their ears and such. :love:

Thats great :hug:

Also, u2shamrock, thanks for your kind words earlier. A giant part of welcoming the kittens into the world for me was sharing the event with everyone on here...since there are very few people in my real life that share my cat enthusiasm. :) I've come to realize that there are definite issues in properly caring for so many house cats at one time, but still, I haven't regretted my decision to keep them all for a second, I couldn't imagine this household without all of them. :heart:
:up::up: My boyfriend has 5 cats so it can get a little crazy at times. He had the similar case of a taking in a pregnant cat and winding up keeping the kittens (they're now 7-ish, so no longer kittens I suppose :wink: )

:love: I remember when they were little ones too! Finnula is just stunning!

here's another picture of him in the Viking outfit. I was laying on the floor in front of him so here he is trying to rip the camera out of my hand.

:lmao:

I should post some pictures of my naked kitties when I get the chance to. Sophie is now an old lady and Violet is a maniac.

Kitties really know how to relax :cute:

Yours are so pretty.

Mine should be relaxing right now, just as i should be at work. Truth is im at home today and the kitties are running around the house like galloping horses. They will tire soon i suppose. :hyper:

Great picture of the entire family.

Thanks for the kind words. We all miss Keto too.. Especially my daughter who is just 4 but every now and then she asks if we can go bring him home once he gets better in Heaven. Ironically, Keto was barely tolerant of her:lol:. He just wasn't used to being around kids and how she wanted to play with his toys and touch him all the time, etc. He dealt with it by staying away from her as far as possible most of the time.

As to a new cat, we'd love to get another but it will be a while due to family circumstances. We now have my mom living with us and she is just not a pet person and also allergic so it might be a long time before we can get another cat.

No. :( I'm so sorry to hear that, and for your loss. :( He was such a gorgeous boy, and I loved seeing the pictures you posted of him. :heart:

Thanks VP, I loved taking the pictures and do miss doing that. I tried taking pictures of other people's pets but, I found its just not the same. maybe because I don't have the same daily bond with them. I'll get a good pic every now and then but not quite like I used to get with Keto.

But life moves on.

Glad to hear your appreciation of your own brood.

Great picture of the entire family.

Thanks for the kind words. We all miss Keto too.. Especially my daughter who is just 4 but every now and then she asks if we can go bring him home once he gets better in Heaven. Ironically, Keto was barely tolerant of her:lol:. He just wasn't used to being around kids and how she wanted to play with his toys and touch him all the time, etc. He dealt with it by staying away from her as far as possible most of the time.

As to a new cat, we'd love to get another but it will be a while due to family circumstances. We now have my mom living with us and she is just not a pet person and also allergic so it might be a long time before we can get another cat.

Maybe you can visit the animal shelter or friends who have cats for a little "fuzz therapy"? I hope never to be without a cat again! :heart:

Kitties really know how to relax :cute:

Yours are so pretty.

Mine should be relaxing right now, just as i should be at work. Truth is im at home today and the kitties are running around the house like galloping horses. They will tire soon i suppose. :hyper:

Thanks, Mrs. Garrison. Even if yours do tire themselves out, they will take a nice nap and be ready to again! :hug:

Poor Boomer! And poor you - you probably suffered as much as he did. Glad to hear everything turned out well. Do you have any recent pics of him and Oreo?

No cats on tables or counters - I can remember being naive and idealistic, too. :cute: It's a losing battle that I quickly stopped trying to fight. I figure I'm immune to cat germs now, so it's all good.

Thanks MsPurrl! I really need to get recent pictures of the others. The camera on my phone is crap, unless the lighting is absolutely perfect.

This morning after breakfast, i was cleaning the kitchen when i heard some chattering. I looked over to see Oreo on the kitchen table again, chattering away at a squirrel he saw outside in a tree. I had my phone handy and thought this would be a good time to take a picture of him :hmm:

SU1HLTIwMTUwMTIzLTAxNjY4LmpwZw_zps64c3b1c8.jpg

Thanks, Mrs. Garrison. Even if yours do tire themselves out, they will take a nice nap and be ready to again! :hug:

How right you are. This was later yesterday they cuddled up together in one of the bedrooms. :hug:

SU1HLTIwMTUwMTIyLTAxNjYyLmpwZw_zpsb19d6417.jpg

This morning after breakfast, i was cleaning the kitchen when i heard some chattering. I looked over to see Oreo on the kitchen table again, chattering away at a squirrel he saw outside in a tree. I had my phone handy and thought this would be a good time to take a picture of him :hmm:

How right you are. This was later yesterday they cuddled up together in one of the bedrooms. :hug:

Sleepy cats on a comfy bed! I could go for a nap right about now.

What beautiful kitties! :love:

so sweet!

I always feel bad for Wesley that he's an "only" cat and doesn't have a friend to play with and snuggle with. I would love to get another one but I just can't afford to have more than one.

Pretty boys! :heart:

I remember when you first got them. Weren't you going to try to keep them in only one room? :lol: Or am I thinking of someone else?

Back
Top Bottom