For Cat Lovers Only XVIV - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Worf seems like a very apt name for a cat like that, LOL

Lousy accent, but otherwise this is pretty funny:

Henri 2: Paw de Deux

(I like that they avoided cliché by having the "writhing idiot" be a fellow cat rather than a dog or a baby. That's our Sammy's attitude--she doesn't really like anybody, but she reserves her absolute deepest contempt for our other cat Lucia, who's relentlessly upbeat and happy.)

Thanks, y'all. The newbies now have the run of the entire house, including overnight. So far, so good. Right now Fergus is sleeping in a chair, Callie is sleeping on the couch, and Bronwyn and Finnula are curled up together, sleeping on the love seat. I imagine they've slept like that every night of their lives, including under the shed in the back yard and before they were born. :love:

You're right, Drowningman--it seems sometimes that we can't walk through the house without a cat curling around our ankles. :cute:

Lousy accent, but otherwise this is pretty funny:

Henri 2: Paw de Deux

(I like that they avoided cliché by having the "writhing idiot" be a fellow cat rather than a dog or a baby. That's our Sammy's attitude--she doesn't really like anybody, but she reserves her absolute deepest contempt for our other cat Lucia, who's relentlessly upbeat and happy.)

Love it :lol:

The kittens now have free range of the house, except for our bedroom and bathroom--that will be next. So far, so good: Fergus plays with Bronwyn and she will lie down by him. Callie is still hissing at them, but she hisses at everyone, including MrPurrl and me. Some recent pictures of our "fur-kids":

Fergus recovering from his dental surgery:

Fergus033112.jpg

Fergus is all better now!

Fergus040112.jpg

Fergus and Bronwyn, new BFFs :D

BronwynFergus040712.jpg

Bronwyn and Fergus battle for the scratching post:

BronwynFinnula040712.jpg

Finnula Macushla (Irish for "dear one" or "beloved"):

Finnula040712.jpg

I feel bad about not taking any pictures of Callie this past weekend, so I'm including an older one of her. :love:

Callie030511Med.jpg

love all the pics! Glad they are friends now. I think Callie sounds like a typical girl. Lily would definitely act the same way if a bunch of newbies came along. I think Finnula is so beautiful! :drool:

Finnula is definitely unique-looking--wish we still had the third kitten who looked so much like her. She is "the eager eater" of the two, but she's also a little scaredy-cat. Bronwyn, the runt of the litter we called "Shy" when they were outside, has turned out to be brave and adventurous. She also has an "other worldly" air about her, almost like a little faerie cat. :cute:

Posting for a change to ask for help. I may not post much in this topic anymore but I do read it.

Miep was just finally doing better after getting completely deaf, apparently some ear infection. But over the past month she's once peed in my bad, and two nights ago there was slight leftovers of a number two there. :crack: She did it in her litterbox too, and it was very much on the run. I washed my bed, cleaned her box.. but the problem is.. well.. her. She stinks. And not a little bit either. :crack:
So I've a feeling she's not quite.. clean below the tail. But how on earth can I clean her? It's been two days, so she's obviously not going to do it herself.. but she's not quite the cuddly cat you can do whatever you like with. So what would you girls do? Give her a bath? Try it with a wet towel? Do nothing and hope it'll fix itself? I'm really out of ideas.. and the smell is really bad. She sits on my bed a lot, and I don't want my entire room to smell. :yuck:

She has diarrhea? Maybe she's sick? You can try cleaning her with a warm washcloth..

sometimes Wesley just forgets to clean himself up down there, usually because he has to cover up his business in the litter box for 10 minutes before he's convinced it's covered :crack: , so he'll have wet litter on his bottom from kicking it all over the place. I just get two warm washcloths to clean him up myself. One with a little soap to use first and then the other to wash off the soap. But he'll let me do anything I want to him and it will start a major purrfest. I know some cats will murder if you try anything like that so you might not get a chance at using two separate cloths to clean her up.

Once Oreo had a dirty bit down there and i took a baby wipe to clean it up. He really really didn't like that! I've never seen a cat act so insulted before. This is the same cat who follows me around the house and falls asleep in my lap every night.

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll try a wet washcloth, if she allows me.

She did get antibiotics because her paw got thick and red, and funnily enough after that she was able to hear again perfectly. Before she had gotten deaf as a bat in three months, and now she can hear again. So that's where I'm getting the idea she had an ear infection. The Vet had trouble looking in her ears because she was fighting too much.

Tonight I closed my bedroom door for the first time in years. :crack: She scratched at it to be let in for a full hour before she gave up. While I was trying to sleep. And I felt guilty as heck for not letting her in. :reject:

Cleaned out the litterbox again(did so yesterday!), and there definitely was some diarrhea there, along with a perfectly fine poop. So I don't have a clue what's up. The antibiotics she had two weeks ago, can those effects last that long? I'm thinking it might be the fish I gave her saturday, which I was doubting whether or not it was fully cooked. she needed anti-flea stuff, so she usually gets wet food or fish with that. Never given her this kind of fish either. Definitely won't do that again. :lol:

^ Wouldn't you just know it was a ginger cat doing it? :lol:

Aww, that's cute! :lol: And that doorstopper looks like it was made for cat entertainment.

We tried to clean Miep today, had my mother help me and hold her.. but it's dry and crusted. :crack: Even with wet paper towels I couldn't get all off. I wanted to cut the piece of hair, but she started struggling so bad I didn't risk it. Hope that she'll wash it off herself. It smells pretty darn bad. :crack: But at least most of it is gone now.

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll try a wet washcloth, if she allows me.

She did get antibiotics because her paw got thick and red, and funnily enough after that she was able to hear again perfectly. Before she had gotten deaf as a bat in three months, and now she can hear again. So that's where I'm getting the idea she had an ear infection. The Vet had trouble looking in her ears because she was fighting too much.

Tonight I closed my bedroom door for the first time in years. :crack: She scratched at it to be let in for a full hour before she gave up. While I was trying to sleep. And I felt guilty as heck for not letting her in. :reject:

Cleaned out the litterbox again(did so yesterday!), and there definitely was some diarrhea there, along with a perfectly fine poop. So I don't have a clue what's up. The antibiotics she had two weeks ago, can those effects last that long? I'm thinking it might be the fish I gave her saturday, which I was doubting whether or not it was fully cooked. she needed anti-flea stuff, so she usually gets wet food or fish with that. Never given her this kind of fish either. Definitely won't do that again. :lol:

We have had this issue with Keto fairly regularly. He's got so much long hair that stuff just gets tangled up in there. If we try to clean him with a cloth or paper towel, he gets pretty aggresive and will claw or attempt to bite so our best solution is to pick him up and take him straight into the bath tub. We have that flexible shower head which is on a chain so you can move it about and we use that to hose him down and 99.9% of the time the soaking does the trick. anything that's stuck to his fur just washes away.

Of course Keto has been getting baths since he was a baby so he's quite used to the experience. I assume it would be fairly traumatic for a cat that has never been under the shower before, so proceed with caution.

Back
Top Bottom