For Cat Lovers Only XVIV - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have had this issue with Keto fairly regularly. He's got so much long hair that stuff just gets tangled up in there. If we try to clean him with a cloth or paper towel, he gets pretty aggresive and will claw or attempt to bite so our best solution is to pick him up and take him straight into the bath tub. We have that flexible shower head which is on a chain so you can move it about and we use that to hose him down and 99.9% of the time the soaking does the trick. anything that's stuck to his fur just washes away.

Of course Keto has been getting baths since he was a baby so he's quite used to the experience. I assume it would be fairly traumatic for a cat that has never been under the shower before, so proceed with caution.

:uhoh: Baths. I've thought about it. Then thought against it. But now it's becoming more and more a solution.

Miep has never had a shower, she fell into the garden pond once when she was chasing a bug, it looked hilarious but she was not amused. So I don't think she'll approve of a shower. :uhoh: If she won't clean herself for a while it might be the only solution though.

When I say that the kittens now have "full run of the house", I mean that literally: somecat is always chasing somecat else, including the two older ones, Fergus and Callie. Finally managed to catch some of them being still for a few moments.

Bronwyn salutes the sun:

BrowynSunSalute0412.jpg

Finnula Macushla:

FinnulaMacushla042112.jpg

Bronwyn decides that Finnula needs her face washed:

FinnulaBronwynBathTime0412.jpg

Four kitties, no waiting (Fergus, Finnula, and Bronwyn on the bed; Callie in the chair)--this is a big step cos it's the first time that Finnula got on the bed.

FergusCallieFinnulaBronwyn042112.jpg

:cute:

I've thought about getting Sheldon a playmate, but one cat is already enough trouble! :lol: Between pushing the screens out of the windows to get out, beating up the deaf and blind dog, tricking my brother into letting him out the back door, waking up at the first tiny crack of dawn to be fed, and hogging the toilet (though he's not potty-trained, he just likes to sit there and will yell at you if you interrupt him), I'm afraid two cats would be complete chaos.

:lol: Sheldon sits on the toilet? That sounds hilarious!

Miep thankfully managed to wash herself after our failed attempt to clean her. At last no more smellycat!

For some reason she sleeps in a Superman pose lately. :giggle: Don't know what's up with that, but she lies in a ball, then rolls onto her back with the shoulders and head, and one paw sticks out. She's fast asleep, but it looks hilarious.

Then, again, if Sheldon had another cat to play with, maybe he'd behave better! :love:
Maybe. Our house isn't big enough for all of us now, but after we move, if there's enough space, I'll think about it. (Especially since I'll be the homeowner and can get another one if I want.)

:lol: Sheldon sits on the toilet? That sounds hilarious!
He hasn't fallen in yet, which is I think the only reason he perches himself up there. But then again, he's been soaked in the bathtub more often than I can count and he'll still hop in there and investigate the empty tub once or twice a week.

Sheldon sleeps in that same position all the time, looks like he's sleeping on his head.

:giggle: Mad cat. Can you take a pic of him in the loo?
Miep only fell into the bathtub once, now she doesn't come near it!

:D He's a SuperKitteh too then!

Stressful morning. I have building inspectors coming over today, so I cleaned up a bit including a ton of vacuuming last night. I think that freaked out Mr MacPhisto. This morning he had a bit of diarrhea on my bed. Right before I had to leave for work. Poor thing. I was able to clean it pretty well, since it wasn't entirely liquid, but couldn't do wash before I left. Otherwise, he seemed fine. I will check on him when I get home.

He's not going to be happy when the inspectors come by but I made sure I kept the sheet on the bed which I leave long so he can hide under the bed.

:cute:

I've thought about getting Sheldon a playmate, but one cat is already enough trouble! :lol: Between pushing the screens out of the windows to get out, beating up the deaf and blind dog, tricking my brother into letting him out the back door, waking up at the first tiny crack of dawn to be fed, and hogging the toilet (though he's not potty-trained, he just likes to sit there and will yell at you if you interrupt him), I'm afraid two cats would be complete chaos.

I'm right there with you. I have gone back and forth on getting another because Wesley is such a ball of energy. I think it would be great for him to have someone to play with but I'm worried I'd end up with another psycho cat. :crazy: He is still such a little busy body troublemaker almost 2 years after I got him. I don't see him calming down anytime soon either. I could not deal with two Wesleys :tsk: One is certainly enough for now.

When I say that the kittens now have "full run of the house", I mean that literally: somecat is always chasing somecat else, including the two older ones, Fergus and Callie. Finally managed to catch some of them being still for a few moments.

Bronwyn salutes the sun:

BrowynSunSalute0412.jpg

Finnula Macushla:

FinnulaMacushla042112.jpg

Bronwyn decides that Finnula needs her face washed:

FinnulaBronwynBathTime0412.jpg

Four kitties, no waiting (Fergus, Finnula, and Bronwyn on the bed; Callie in the chair)--this is a big step cos it's the first time that Finnula got on the bed.

FergusCallieFinnulaBronwyn042112.jpg

:drool::drool::drool:

so would Callie be on the bed if the little girls weren't there?

So, yeah poor Mr. Macphisto is super freaked out. Their litter boxes are in my bathroom and because I was gone for a few days it got a bit messy stray litter wise. I had to vacuum more than normal and it scared him. Now he refuses to go in the bathroom. I've moved one box out and will work on getting him back in there as I have a studio apt so the box needs to be in there.

Thankfully he likes cat treats and his feather wand so I use them to get him near the room.

Quincy, the blind, deaf, ancient dog that possibly could have some form of dog-Alzheimers with the way he trots around confused sometimes, had a little accident by the back door sometime while I was at work. He's so old, I don't even really get after him for it anymore, but Sheldon on the other hand, started yelling at me the second I came in the door, meowing his head off, lead me right to the spot, jumped on the counter, and yelled at me some more until I cleaned it up. Tattle-tale cat :lol:

What I imagine all his meowing was about: "Mom. Mom. Mom! Look! Look what the dog did! Look, the dog peed in the house. The dog isn't supposed to do that. Ooh, dog, you're in trouble. She's going to yell and point and--Mom, you just let him outside. You didn't yell or anything. Mom, you're supposed to yell at him. Whatever. Can you clean it up, Mom? It stinks in here, I've had to smell it all day. Mom, get the clorox wipes. Yeah, these ones by my butt. OK, clean it up. Did you clean it up, Mom? Is it cleaned up, Mom? OK, good. It's cleaned up. What are you doing with those wipes, Mom? Can I smell the bag you're putting them in? Where are you going with them? Taking them outside? Mom. Mom. come back in. Come back--oh, there you are. Hey, Mom. Is it dinner time now?"

I need help with a problem.

At night, or when we go out for long periods of time, the cats will claw at the bottom of the bedroom doors to try and get them open. They've completely ripped up the carpet, and scraped part of the door off. I now block the doors with gates, though it's too late to fix the carpet problem. Does anyone have advice for this sort of thing so that I don't have to put a gate up every time I leave the house?

Leave the door open...

:lol: That's what I did with my old cats before I moved (don't worry--they're with my parents, they were already nine years old and I didn't want to move them across the country when they'd been so familiar with where they live). I was hoping to be able to keep the doors closed because sometimes it lets me hide my messy room and we're currently renting the other room out to a friend who likes privacy.

I'll have to leave my door open from now on, or install temporary doggie doors to every room.

yes, leave the door open (trust me you won't win the battle of a closed door).. and doggie doors (if you are referring to the dog gates metal or plastic) won't keep them out they will climb over them or jump.

I have had cats (since I was a kid) for years and I have never had one that didn't mind a closed door. All of them scratched at till it was opened.

I love how Callie has her back turned to the rest of the group...and how the littles are both laying the same way. :cute:

First thing I noticed too. :D She's getting there in accepting them, but not quite yet. And the little ones are just too damn cute!

Thanks, y'all. Callie still hisses, but she has been spotted sniffing noses with Bronwyn and Finnula, and walking away. She's very possessive and territorial, and it took her quite a while to co-exist with Fergus when we took him in, so I have hope! We figure "the littles" must have been born around the first of September, cos when Mama Kitty brought them out from under the shed in mid-October, they looked to be about 6 weeks old. So they must be about 8 months old now. Still little, compared to Callie and Fergus. :love:

Back
Top Bottom