For Cat Lovers Only XVIV - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 45 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2015, 03:39 AM   #661
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:03 PM
Good news--hopefully you will see an improvement soon!

Old 03-08-2015, 01:48 PM   #662
War Child

Location: Earth, Local Interstellar Cloud, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster Galaxies, The Universe
ARW, glad to hear it might have been just a tummy ache type issue. Hopefully that is something which can be fixed with a little guidance from the Vet.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:57 PM   #663
arw
Blue Crack Addict

My boy is doing so much better. His litter box is back to normal, he's taking his pills like a champ, and the people at the specialty pet store were completely amazing yesterday and helped me select his new food and new treats. We will be transitioning from Blue Buffalo over the next few weeks to a new brand. The vet called to check up on him yesterday, which I found very comforting. Words cannot describe how happy I am with his new vet and new pet store! I'm so relieved.

One thing that I'm amazed by how he hates the treats I got yesterday. Wesley is a complete fish freak…and he loves treats. He will do anything for a treat! If we have any type of fish cooking or have canned tuna out he is all over it. So I bought some freeze dried white fish treats and he hates them! When the sales person at the pet store suggested them I thought for sure he would go nuts over them. But he's completely annoyed anytime I suggest he eats one. Good thing I bought him some sort of chewy treat too. He loves those. The fish is still sitting on his placemat next to his bowls.

Anyways to everyone that's read this, thanks for letting me vent about Wesley's bathroom issues here. I've been talking about it non stop to my family, friends, coworkers, gym classmates, and online for 2 weeks I plan on finding a new topic of discussion tomorrow at work. I think my coworkers are completely over the Wesley poop talk...as am I! Just so happy my boy is ok. I'm super poor now but that little guy is worth every penny spent.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:48 PM   #664
War Child

Location: Earth, Local Interstellar Cloud, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster Galaxies, The Universe
Good to hear Wesley's getting back to normal. transitioning to new foods over a period of multiple weeks is the right way to go. Animals are creatures of habit. you can't shock their system with new experiences, it has to be gradual.

Moving on from Wesley's bathroom habits..Do you guys think Bono hired a guy just to wipe his ass after his accident. I mean he was pretty banged up, no way he could have done it himself
Old 03-09-2015, 02:10 AM   #665
Blue Crack Supplier

Well, SOMEbody had to do it!
Old 03-09-2015, 08:58 PM   #666
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPurrl View Post
Well, SOMEbody had to do it!
Old 03-13-2015, 09:57 PM   #667
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw View Post
My boy is doing so much better. His litter box is back to normal, he's taking his pills like a champ, and the people at the specialty pet store were completely amazing yesterday and helped me select his new food and new treats. We will be transitioning from Blue Buffalo over the next few weeks to a new brand. The vet called to check up on him yesterday, which I found very comforting. Words cannot describe how happy I am with his new vet and new pet store! I'm so relieved.

One thing that I'm amazed by how he hates the treats I got yesterday. Wesley is a complete fish freak…and he loves treats. He will do anything for a treat! If we have any type of fish cooking or have canned tuna out he is all over it. So I bought some freeze dried white fish treats and he hates them! When the sales person at the pet store suggested them I thought for sure he would go nuts over them. But he's completely annoyed anytime I suggest he eats one. Good thing I bought him some sort of chewy treat too. He loves those. The fish is still sitting on his placemat next to his bowls.

Anyways to everyone that's read this, thanks for letting me vent about Wesley's bathroom issues here. I've been talking about it non stop to my family, friends, coworkers, gym classmates, and online for 2 weeks I plan on finding a new topic of discussion tomorrow at work. I think my coworkers are completely over the Wesley poop talk...as am I! Just so happy my boy is ok. I'm super poor now but that little guy is worth every penny spent.
So glad to hear all is well with Wesley and you now have a vet you trust.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:30 PM   #668
Blue Crack Distributor

So....4 weeks ago tonight we lost Abby, one of our kittens. our calico girl. I took her to the vet just two weeks before that, because she had lost a bit of weight, but was otherwise okay, eating normally and everything. They thought at first that it was a really bad hairball or irritable bowel disorder. Very worst case scenario, but unlikely - a stomach lymphoma. We followed the suggested treatments. Less than a week later, I took her back to the vet because I was concerned. They told me at that point it probably was a lymphoma, but if she responded to the new medication, it could give her months, or maybe a year or up to two. Whatever it was, it was very aggressive, and we lost her 5 days later.

I know some of you have been following my guys since they were born, and know the whole story of how I took in their stray mom who ended up being pregnant, and then we fell in love with all of her six kittens when they were born, and kept them all, and we went from zero cats to seven in two months. It's been pretty devastating for us, but we're trying our best to concentrate on loving her mother and siblings. Still....sigh.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:15 AM   #669
Blue Crack Supplier

I am so, so sorry, VP--Abby was a beautiful little girl, and I know losing her was just awful for you. Hugs to you!
Old 03-14-2015, 02:22 AM   #670
45:33

Local Time: 02:03 PM
That's very sad news but in some happier news, please say hello to Teresa

Old 03-14-2015, 03:07 AM   #671
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:33 PM
Goddamn, that's an adorable cat.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:57 PM   #672
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
So....4 weeks ago tonight we lost Abby, one of our kittens. our calico girl. I took her to the vet just two weeks before that, because she had lost a bit of weight, but was otherwise okay, eating normally and everything. They thought at first that it was a really bad hairball or irritable bowel disorder. Very worst case scenario, but unlikely - a stomach lymphoma. We followed the suggested treatments. Less than a week later, I took her back to the vet because I was concerned. They told me at that point it probably was a lymphoma, but if she responded to the new medication, it could give her months, or maybe a year or up to two. Whatever it was, it was very aggressive, and we lost her 5 days later.

I know some of you have been following my guys since they were born, and know the whole story of how I took in their stray mom who ended up being pregnant, and then we fell in love with all of her six kittens when they were born, and kept them all, and we went from zero cats to seven in two months. It's been pretty devastating for us, but we're trying our best to concentrate on loving her mother and siblings. Still....sigh.
so sorry about your sweet Abby I remember when you posted about the kittens.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:39 PM   #673
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Wesley had an awesome week….and so did his Mama. So relieved to not have that stress of him not feeling good. He completed all of his pills and is now on a probiotic. He started week two yesterday of transitioning to his new foods so now he's on 50% of each. He's definitely back to his old goofy little self. His fur is shiny and fluffy (and shedding his winter coat like crazy!) and he's way more alert and playful.

I'm glad Minnesota had a very mild winter and we are already on our way with spring weather because his ducks are now home in our backyard pond a few weeks early. He totally earned that after not feeling so good for a few weeks. He hasn't left his duck hunting spot in the family room all week. He loves those ducks so much!
Old 03-14-2015, 09:18 PM   #674
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:03 PM
Love the cat Cobbs.

Didn't you have a dog, as well, or was he at your parents?
Old 03-14-2015, 10:22 PM   #675
War Child

VP, so sorry to hear about Abby. At least it wasn't a prolonged illness which could have dragged on for months.

Just pay some extra attention to the other felines in your household. I'm sure they will miss Abby and will need a little more TLC.