For Cat Lovers Only XVIV - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 42 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2015, 09:53 AM   #616
Refugee

Local Time: 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
Also, u2shamrock, thanks for your kind words earlier. A giant part of welcoming the kittens into the world for me was sharing the event with everyone on here...since there are very few people in my real life that share my cat enthusiasm. I've come to realize that there are definite issues in properly caring for so many house cats at one time, but still, I haven't regretted my decision to keep them all for a second, I couldn't imagine this household without all of them.
My boyfriend has 5 cats so it can get a little crazy at times. He had the similar case of a taking in a pregnant cat and winding up keeping the kittens (they're now 7-ish, so no longer kittens I suppose )

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPurrl View Post
I remember when they were little ones too! Finnula is just stunning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw View Post
here's another picture of him in the Viking outfit. I was laying on the floor in front of him so here he is trying to rip the camera out of my hand.

I should post some pictures of my naked kitties when I get the chance to. Sophie is now an old lady and Violet is a maniac.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:59 PM   #617
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
4 bandmembers together in a bed??
A band called the U2Kittens!

Old 01-22-2015, 01:01 AM   #618
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:02 PM
Callie and Fergus agree that life is lovely when relaxing.

Bronwyn and Finnula the first day we brought them into the house, almost three years ago.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:20 AM   #619
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Kitties really know how to relax

Yours are so pretty.

Mine should be relaxing right now, just as i should be at work. Truth is im at home today and the kitties are running around the house like galloping horses. They will tire soon i suppose.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:58 PM   #620
War Child

Location: Earth, Local Interstellar Cloud, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster Galaxies, The Universe
Quote:
I'm glad to "see" you, Drowningman. I miss your photos of your beautiful Keto, and I hope that someday you will have another "fur-kid" to share with us.

Here is our tribe: Callie, Bronwyn, Fergus, and Finnula. When we bought this house in 2006, we moved in with one cat, Callie. In a couple of months we adopted the big ginger boy that had been hanging around the back yard and named him Fergus. In 2012, a feral mama cat had kittens under our shed and finally decided that the kits were old enough for them not to need her any more. We had to take them in, and named them Bronwyn and Finnula. <3

Great picture of the entire family.

Thanks for the kind words. We all miss Keto too.. Especially my daughter who is just 4 but every now and then she asks if we can go bring him home once he gets better in Heaven. Ironically, Keto was barely tolerant of her. He just wasn't used to being around kids and how she wanted to play with his toys and touch him all the time, etc. He dealt with it by staying away from her as far as possible most of the time.

As to a new cat, we'd love to get another but it will be a while due to family circumstances. We now have my mom living with us and she is just not a pet person and also allergic so it might be a long time before we can get another cat.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:06 PM   #621
War Child

Location: Earth, Local Interstellar Cloud, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster Galaxies, The Universe
Quote:
No. I'm so sorry to hear that, and for your loss. He was such a gorgeous boy, and I loved seeing the pictures you posted of him.

Also, u2shamrock, thanks for your kind words earlier. A giant part of welcoming the kittens into the world for me was sharing the event with everyone on here...since there are very few people in my real life that share my cat enthusiasm. I've come to realize that there are definite issues in properly caring for so many house cats at one time, but still, I haven't regretted my decision to keep them all for a second, I couldn't imagine this household without all of them.

Thanks VP, I loved taking the pictures and do miss doing that. I tried taking pictures of other people's pets but, I found its just not the same. maybe because I don't have the same daily bond with them. I'll get a good pic every now and then but not quite like I used to get with Keto.

But life moves on.

Glad to hear your appreciation of your own brood.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:11 PM   #622
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Bronwyn and Finnula the first day we brought them into the house, almost three years ago.

three years already!?!? Wow….seems like just a few months ago.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:12 AM   #623
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drowningman View Post
Great picture of the entire family.

Thanks for the kind words. We all miss Keto too.. Especially my daughter who is just 4 but every now and then she asks if we can go bring him home once he gets better in Heaven. Ironically, Keto was barely tolerant of her. He just wasn't used to being around kids and how she wanted to play with his toys and touch him all the time, etc. He dealt with it by staying away from her as far as possible most of the time.

As to a new cat, we'd love to get another but it will be a while due to family circumstances. We now have my mom living with us and she is just not a pet person and also allergic so it might be a long time before we can get another cat.
Maybe you can visit the animal shelter or friends who have cats for a little "fuzz therapy"? I hope never to be without a cat again!
Old 01-23-2015, 01:13 AM   #624
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw View Post
three years already!?!? Wow….seems like just a few months ago.
I know! We still think of them as "the littles" or "the kits."
Old 01-23-2015, 01:15 AM   #625
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Kitties really know how to relax

Yours are so pretty.

Mine should be relaxing right now, just as i should be at work. Truth is im at home today and the kitties are running around the house like galloping horses. They will tire soon i suppose.
Thanks, Mrs. Garrison. Even if yours do tire themselves out, they will take a nice nap and be ready to again!
Old 01-23-2015, 01:53 PM   #626
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Poor Boomer! And poor you - you probably suffered as much as he did. Glad to hear everything turned out well. Do you have any recent pics of him and Oreo?

No cats on tables or counters - I can remember being naive and idealistic, too. It's a losing battle that I quickly stopped trying to fight. I figure I'm immune to cat germs now, so it's all good.

Thanks MsPurrl! I really need to get recent pictures of the others. The camera on my phone is crap, unless the lighting is absolutely perfect.
This morning after breakfast, i was cleaning the kitchen when i heard some chattering. I looked over to see Oreo on the kitchen table again, chattering away at a squirrel he saw outside in a tree. I had my phone handy and thought this would be a good time to take a picture of him

Quote:
Thanks, Mrs. Garrison. Even if yours do tire themselves out, they will take a nice nap and be ready to again!
How right you are. This was later yesterday they cuddled up together in one of the bedrooms.

Old 01-23-2015, 02:30 PM   #627
War Child

Quote:
This morning after breakfast, i was cleaning the kitchen when i heard some chattering. I looked over to see Oreo on the kitchen table again, chattering away at a squirrel he saw outside in a tree. I had my phone handy and thought this would be a good time to take a picture of him

How right you are. This was later yesterday they cuddled up together in one of the bedrooms.

Sleepy cats on a comfy bed! I could go for a nap right about now.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:38 AM   #628
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

What beautiful kitties!
Old 01-24-2015, 07:58 PM   #629
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

so sweet!

I always feel bad for Wesley that he's an "only" cat and doesn't have a friend to play with and snuggle with. I would love to get another one but I just can't afford to have more than one.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:12 AM   #630
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

Pretty boys!

I remember when you first got them. Weren't you going to try to keep them in only one room? Or am I thinking of someone else?