For Cat Lovers Only XVIV - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2014, 03:59 AM   #556
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:12 AM
Hope Fergus continnues to improve!

Drowningman, only just heard about Keto. My sympathies, he was a truly beautiful cat.

I haven't come here much lately since I don't have a cat of my own, but I sometimes take care of Ben, who kind of just belongs to the whole family. The other night, while she was on my bed and I was on the verge of sleep, she came up to me and started giving some rather concerned meows, then she began nudging my face and doing the whole stealing breath thing (I can't think of another way to describe it). I just figured she wanted to go out or have a midnight snack or something, but instead she just stayed by my face for a while and then went back to sleeping by my feet. Any other time, she would have continued meowing like a jerk, but here she sounded kind of empathetic. It didn't seem to be about her so much as me. What's going on? Is she just doing something for no reason? Is she stealing my mana? Is she alerting me about something? Am I definitely going to die?

Old 02-26-2014, 02:44 AM   #557
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post

Drowningman, only just heard about Keto. My sympathies, he was a truly beautiful cat.

I haven't come here much lately since I don't have a cat of my own, but I sometimes take care of Ben, who kind of just belongs to the whole family. The other night, while she was on my bed and I was on the verge of sleep, she came up to me and started giving some rather concerned meows, then she began nudging my face and doing the whole stealing breath thing (I can't think of another way to describe it). I just figured she wanted to go out or have a midnight snack or something, but instead she just stayed by my face for a while and then went back to sleeping by my feet. Any other time, she would have continued meowing like a jerk, but here she sounded kind of empathetic. It didn't seem to be about her so much as me. What's going on? Is she just doing something for no reason? Is she stealing my mana? Is she alerting me about something? Am I definitely going to die?
Are you feeling sad about something or perhaps not feeling well? It just seems as if she was concerned about you and was trying to find out if you were okay.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:47 AM   #558
War Child

Location: Earth, Local Interstellar Cloud, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster Galaxies, The Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post

Thanks for your kind words Sad Punk.

sounds like you have a friendly cat on your hands. The behaviour you're describing just sounds normal I don't think its anything to get alarmed about.

Maybe she just wanted an extra scratch behind the ear!
Old 04-13-2014, 01:51 AM   #559
Blue Crack Supplier

Whenever I feel down, one look at this little face makes me feel better--our Finnula, also known as Noola, Sugar Doodle, and Princess Porkchop.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:47 PM   #560
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Here's my annual Wesley update…..he's 5 now! I can't believe it! He's still a psycho troublemaker. There's no signs of him slowing down any time soon. He's just as crazy as ever but he's so cute I can't help but do anything but laugh when I see his latest destruction. He has plenty of toys around (and he plays with them all), still loves to play soccer, and he has plenty of outdoor activity to stalk safely from the inside of the house plus we play laser tag or run with a string every day. Even with all of that he still manages to get himself into plenty of trouble every day. In another few weeks it will be 4 whole years since he came home to live with me. There's not a single day that goes by that I'm not thankful for him. He's my best friend and I completely adore everything about him, even during his craziest moments. He's still the biggest purring machine in the world so no matter how naughty he is he'll still come and snuggle up next to me and purr away.

Wesley loves ducks! We still live on a pond and he still loves to stand guard. Today we saw 9 babies swimming along side 5 adults. This is his stuffed duck I found at a gift shop. It was more than I'd normally spend on a toy for him but I couldn't resist it.

Petsmart made a stuffed Wesley last year!

any of you that have been around for a long time might remember Kariann. We're still friends and she came to visit last summer. It was the first time she met Wes and they bonded quickly. This past holiday season she sent Wesley a gift. He wasn't too thrilled but I think he looks so darn cute! It's actually for a small dog so I couldn't quite get the hat on his head.

He's sooo handsome!!!!

Finally…last week was his birthday!

Here's the birthday boy with his much needed new scratching post and a pinwheel we'll put outside on the deck for him to stalk this summer.

He such a big guy now. He's still the sweetest thing in the world and still let's me do whatever I want to him. It doesn't even phase him a bit when I put a tie on him (or a hat or any other goofy outfit).
Old 05-17-2014, 02:31 AM   #561
Blue Crack Supplier

Beautiful update--and a happy birthday to handsome Wesley: you make your mama proud!
Old 10-12-2014, 03:35 PM   #562
The Fly

Local Time: 05:42 PM
Introducing Barney from Glasgow

Old 10-12-2014, 08:34 PM   #563
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:42 AM
Barney is a big pretty kitty.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:05 AM   #564
Blue Crack Supplier

What a pretty boy!
Old 10-13-2014, 06:50 PM   #565
arw
Blue Crack Addict

My sister's sweet little Lily passed away yesterday afternoon after a long illness. I said goodbye to her on Friday night. She was too fragile and thin for me to hold her. And I'm on vacation now so I can't even give my boy Wesley a hug for some kitty therapy.

I'm so sad she's gone.....
Old 10-13-2014, 08:36 PM   #566
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:42 AM
Barney is one awesome looking cat!

Arw Sorry to hear that
Old 10-14-2014, 12:35 AM   #567
Blue Crack Supplier

I'm so sorry, arw.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:30 PM   #568
War Child

Location: Earth, Local Interstellar Cloud, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster Galaxies, The Universe
Barney looks like he's having a great time exploring the outdoors.

ARW, sorry to hear about Lily. I can relate to dealing with a cat suffering from a long illness. Its never an easy thing.

But, that suffering has ended and Lily's in a better place.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:06 PM   #569
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Thanks all. Yes Lily isn't in pain anymore but the hole in our hearts is huge. She left us way too soon. I think she was only 11 or 12. Thankfully my sister has her dog to cuddle with. Poor doggy loved Lily so much so it's going to be a huge adjustment for Roxy too. They were best buds for over 6 years. Roxy loved her kitty so much and I think Lily loved Roxy just as much but would never admit it.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:04 AM   #570
Blue Crack Supplier

They're not just "pets"; they are beloved family members.