For Cat Lovers Only XVIV - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #496
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
Lost my cat today. Really bummed. 17 years, and suddenly gone. RIP Luke.
so sorry

Old 01-31-2013, 12:15 AM   #497
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:19 AM
Quote:
My condolences. It's so hard to lose them.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:44 AM   #498
Blue Crack Supplier

I'm sorry, phanan. That really hurts like a sonofabitch.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #499
War Child

Local Time: 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Hi gang. I have a crisis... a cat crisis.

There's this lovely, friendly tuxedo cat who lives around here, though I don't know exactly which one of my neighbours owns it, or if it even has an owner to begin with - it has no collar, but she does appear to be well fed and fairly healthy. Anyway, it's always been pretty friendly to me in the past when I'm walking nearby, it's a surprisingly social cat who meows a lot, loves to be petted and, for some reason, loves the sound of someone clicking their fingers. So for a long time, this was just a cat I saw every now and then, would give it a pet if it came up to me, and off I went. I had wondered exactly how the supposed owner would feel about this, but I've petted plenty of neighbour's cats in the past and nothing came of it, so I didn't think anything of it.

Anyway, a few months ago the cat started coming over more regularly, hanging out in my backyard as Spring started to come. Half the time when I went outside, the cat would be there, and though I was slightly concerned that it was spending time here, it still felt quite nice, as it's like having a cat of your own without having to do any of the owner stuff. But one night, the cat just sat outside and meowed at my window. All night. And it happened again and again. I didn't know what to do. I shut my window and slammed on it but the cat wouldn't react. It's not easily frightened. It would stay there, hang out, and try to get into the house - but the main thing it wants is to be cuddled.

So this has been going on for a while, but now it's reached a turning point. The cat gave me the gift of a rat missing its head, right by the door. A few dead birds have shown up in my backyard, too. Does this mean it now sees me as more than it's owner? How do I contact the owner or find out if it even has an owner? How can I not pay attention to it when it's the sweetest cat in the world and loves to meow at my window? Was I in the right to pet it in the first place, even though it was friendly and had no collar? What if it gets sick and it's possibly-imagined owner doesn't do anything to help it and then I get struck with guilt and wonder if I should take it to a vet?

I've never fed it, only ever given it cold water on one or two extremely hot days. But I'm a cat lover, and I could never resist such a charming character. I never should have been so friendly to it in the first place - but this cat is almost like a dog, it comes to see friends and people at my place that it's never met before, it doesn't discriminate on cuddles at all. I even helped it get off the roof one time. (it's pretty clumsy for a cat).

Advice is welcome. I know the obvious thing would be just to not see the cat, but that's really damn difficult.
I got my first cat (Monzy) when I noticed that she was outside in all weathers and didn't appear to have an owner (who cared). my then neighbours noticed and started feeding her along with their own cats- I put out bits and pieces as I couldn;t just ignore her. One day she saw me come home and charged into my flat and curled up- when she woke up I saw she had something wrong with her eye- took her to the vet and got it sorted then I basically kept her at that point and waited to see if anyone came looking for her- no-one did

I did eventually work out that her owner lived in the flat opposite mine- which made things a bit awkward when she jumped back into her old home. Her previous owner was a not well person who basically drunk himself to death over a few years- he did see her again and tried to call her- but Monzy ignored him- there was a second cat that I called Stinky (for obvious reasons) that died of natural causes.

I don't regret what I did- I gave her a great home/life for 7 years- all likelihood Monzy wouldn't lived that long had I not kept her- her previous owner couldn't look after himself let alone a cat- and had a rather sad end ultimately
Old 01-31-2013, 07:46 PM   #500
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Quote:
I'm very sorry .
Old 02-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #501
Blue Crack Addict

laughed so hard I almost peed my pants..

LiveLeak.com - Cat on a subwoofer
Old 02-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #502
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 08:19 AM
i'm sorry phanan
Old 02-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #503
Blue Crack Addict

Thanks all. It's been really tough. I knew it would be, but didn't realize how hard it would hit me. So sudden.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:31 PM   #504
War Child

Location: Earth, Local Interstellar Cloud, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster Galaxies, The Universe
Quote:
Thanks all. It's been really tough. I knew it would be, but didn't realize how hard it would hit me. So sudden.

Sorry for your loss. Its never easy to lose a family member.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:53 AM   #505
Blue Crack Supplier

Something for the cat lovers - a live web cam from a southwest Florida rescue center of a mother cat and her seven kittens

A Second Chance Rescue Kitten Cam, Ustream.TV: A Second Chance Puppies and Kittens Rescue of South Florida Http://www.asecondchancerescue.org get updates a...
Old 04-14-2013, 03:58 AM   #506
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:19 AM
Chilling, you know.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:28 PM   #507
Blue Crack Supplier

Old 04-27-2013, 11:16 PM   #508
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:19 AM
Majestic Oreo & exotic Boomer, or vice versa. It's been 5 years this mother's day since I brought them home from my parents house out in the country. They were just babies then, big heads and small bodies with rat tails, eyes large with reflections of the world they had yet to see.

Yes their perfect eyes glow in the flash of the camera.

Dry food, Blue Buffalo, in the morning, and wet food in the evening, with a brush and some "greenies" or kitty grass in between.

Best friends I could have with four legs.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:57 AM   #509
Blue Crack Supplier

Beautiful babies, Mrs. Garrison!
Old 05-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #510
ONE
love, blood, life