For Cat Lovers Only XVIV - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kelly and I spoke the other day about how we both felt a connection between our boys, Wally and Wesley, as we adopted close together. Kelly called them brothers from another mother.

Wesley and I am devastated that his brother is gone too soon. :sad:

big :hug: again and again to Kelly.

I visited my Dad for a couple of days over Christmas and this is his cat. She likes to sit in the sun. When the heavy snowfalls set in just a day after this picture was taken and the temperatures became chilling, she hardly ever left the house, she's an old lady already.

Weihnachten_2014-113_zps91aec3a7.jpg

Last Tuesday, we welcomed this adorable kitty into our family. Her name is Lucy and she is so lovable. :cute::heart:

Lucy is adorable :up:

I visited my Dad for a couple of days over Christmas and this is his cat. She likes to sit in the sun. When the heavy snowfalls set in just a day after this picture was taken and the temperatures became chilling, she hardly ever left the house, she's an old lady already.

Weihnachten_2014-113_zps91aec3a7.jpg

Beautiful..what is her name?

Her name is Daisy.

They have another cat as well, Cindy, who's black, and much less shy than the white one. She always sleeps in my bed when I'm there.

Lucy and Daisy. :heart:

I still have my 7 cats...mom and 6 kittens. Jack, one of the kittens (the kittens will be 7 next month!!!) had surgery Tuesday morning for a bladder stone. Very stressful, but he's doing well. A couple of pics...

8ELQskm.jpg

UaQm0jo.jpg

He's quite a diva. He wasn't pleased about having it on, but actually got used to it pretty fast. My daughter has been able to be home to watch this week, so we mostly just put it on him at night. Two mornings this week I got up and found it laying in the litter box, and him looking quite smug. When he has it off, we catch him trying to lick the incision once in a while, but he stops when we tell him to. He knows he's not supposed to. Cats are way smarter than people give them credit for.

How are your two boys?

He's quite a diva. He wasn't pleased about having it on, but actually got used to it pretty fast. My daughter has been able to be home to watch this week, so we mostly just put it on him at night. Two mornings this week I got up and found it laying in the litter box, and him looking quite smug. When he has it off, we catch him trying to lick the incision once in a while, but he stops when we tell him to. He knows he's not supposed to. Cats are way smarter than people give them credit for.

How are your two boys?

Ha. Both boys are fine. Boomer had the tip of his tail injured earlier this year (it got accidentally shut in a door :sad: ) so we took him to the emergency vet and they fixed it up for him. They also gave us one of those halo thingies, which we tried to put on him, but he went batshit crazy and so we stopped trying. :|

Actually kept the bandage on the tip of his tail longer than anticipated, with repeated visits to the vet to change, clean, and rebandage. It was quite expensive but better than the alternative (batshit crazy Boomer). He is fine now and the tail is fine. Poor kitteh.

Oreo is still his beautiful, goofy self. In my lap every night, gets up on the dining room table (no no kitty) and on the kitchen counter (bad kitty) occasionally when the dishwasher is running. Both are spoiled brats, as expected. :cute:

Ha. Both boys are fine. Boomer had the tip of his tail injured earlier this year (it got accidentally shut in a door :sad: ) so we took him to the emergency vet and they fixed it up for him. They also gave us one of those halo thingies, which we tried to put on him, but he went batshit crazy and so we stopped trying. :|

Actually kept the bandage on the tip of his tail longer than anticipated, with repeated visits to the vet to change, clean, and rebandage. It was quite expensive but better than the alternative (batshit crazy Boomer). He is fine now and the tail is fine. Poor kitteh.

Oreo is still his beautiful, goofy self. In my lap every night, gets up on the dining room table (no no kitty) and on the kitchen counter (bad kitty) occasionally when the dishwasher is running. Both are spoiled brats, as expected. :cute:

Poor Boomer! And poor you - you probably suffered as much as he did. Glad to hear everything turned out well. Do you have any recent pics of him and Oreo?

No cats on tables or counters - I can remember being naive and idealistic, too. :cute: It's a losing battle that I quickly stopped trying to fight. I figure I'm immune to cat germs now, so it's all good.

Thanks MsPurrl! I really need to get recent pictures of the others. The camera on my phone is crap, unless the lighting is absolutely perfect.

So, VP, I was definitely assuming, based on Facebook, that Jack was a dog :lol:. I don't know if I've seen much of cats in the cone of shame, but he wears it well. Cats are just like that.

Bowie has a new favorite hiding spot:
20150111_003332_zpsu668bw31.jpg

That's basically where he is 90% of the time, now. Who needs cat trees...

Also, he does this, always, forever, he hates everything. He finds it all terribly embarrassing:

20150105_001216_zpsomajl88o.jpg

Clearly, lol.

Bowie has turned into a grand ole stereotypical prissy cat. But I know it's a facade, he's totally best friends with our little dog.

Bowie has a new favorite hiding spot:
20150111_003332_zpsu668bw31.jpg

Wesley has also found the paper grocery bag to be his afternoon spot lately. I've always offered him bags but after a few minutes he forgets about them. But we're now on our 3rd bag since October. He sleeps in it and plays with it. Plus he'll put his toys in there and then spend all day trying to get them out. :cute: He's a busy little guy! So happy he can keep himself busy.

So sorry to hear that, elfa. :( This is nuts, but I feel like I knew all the cats in this thread from back then, and it is heartbreaking to hear sad news.

I clearly need to get Jack into cat modelling, to earn his keep. Maybe pay for a bionic bladder, or something.

Jack is a very pretty boy VP.

I haven't been in this thread for a while since we've had 2 of our cats pass, its been kind of painful

Sorry for your loss.

I thought I would feel the same way about this thread once our cat passed away. But actually, its been quite the opposite.

Even though I don't post pictures anymore, I really do enjoy checking in here once in a while and seeing all the pics and reading about everyone's cats. Almost theraputic in its own way.

I hope over time, you too can participate again.

Jack is a very pretty boy VP.

I haven't been in this thread for a while since we've had 2 of our cats pass, its been kind of painful

Sorry for your loss.

I thought I would feel the same way about this thread once our cat passed away. But actually, its been quite the opposite.

Even though I don't post pictures anymore, I really do enjoy checking in here once in a while and seeing all the pics and reading about everyone's cats. Almost theraputic in its own way.

I hope over time, you too can participate again.

:hug::hug::hug:

Back
Top Bottom