For Cat Lovers Only XVIV - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #211
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drowningman View Post
We have had this issue with Keto fairly regularly. He's got so much long hair that stuff just gets tangled up in there. If we try to clean him with a cloth or paper towel, he gets pretty aggresive and will claw or attempt to bite so our best solution is to pick him up and take him straight into the bath tub. We have that flexible shower head which is on a chain so you can move it about and we use that to hose him down and 99.9% of the time the soaking does the trick. anything that's stuck to his fur just washes away.

Of course Keto has been getting baths since he was a baby so he's quite used to the experience. I assume it would be fairly traumatic for a cat that has never been under the shower before, so proceed with caution.
Baths. I've thought about it. Then thought against it. But now it's becoming more and more a solution.

Miep has never had a shower, she fell into the garden pond once when she was chasing a bug, it looked hilarious but she was not amused. So I don't think she'll approve of a shower. If she won't clean herself for a while it might be the only solution though.

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:27 AM   #212
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:43 AM
When I say that the kittens now have "full run of the house", I mean that literally: somecat is always chasing somecat else, including the two older ones, Fergus and Callie. Finally managed to catch some of them being still for a few moments.

Bronwyn salutes the sun:

Finnula Macushla:

Bronwyn decides that Finnula needs her face washed:

Four kitties, no waiting (Fergus, Finnula, and Bronwyn on the bed; Callie in the chair)--this is a big step cos it's the first time that Finnula got on the bed.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:12 AM   #213
45:33

Local Time: 04:43 PM
ness overload!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:39 AM   #214
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:43 AM
So much cuteness!
Old 04-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #215
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:43 PM

I've thought about getting Sheldon a playmate, but one cat is already enough trouble! Between pushing the screens out of the windows to get out, beating up the deaf and blind dog, tricking my brother into letting him out the back door, waking up at the first tiny crack of dawn to be fed, and hogging the toilet (though he's not potty-trained, he just likes to sit there and will yell at you if you interrupt him), I'm afraid two cats would be complete chaos.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:11 AM   #216
Blue Crack Supplier

Then, again, if Sheldon had another cat to play with, maybe he'd behave better!
Old 04-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #217
Galeonbroad

Sheldon sits on the toilet? That sounds hilarious!

Miep thankfully managed to wash herself after our failed attempt to clean her. At last no more smellycat!

For some reason she sleeps in a Superman pose lately. Don't know what's up with that, but she lies in a ball, then rolls onto her back with the shoulders and head, and one paw sticks out. She's fast asleep, but it looks hilarious.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 04-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #218
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPurrl View Post
Then, again, if Sheldon had another cat to play with, maybe he'd behave better!
Maybe. Our house isn't big enough for all of us now, but after we move, if there's enough space, I'll think about it. (Especially since I'll be the homeowner and can get another one if I want.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Sheldon sits on the toilet? That sounds hilarious!
He hasn't fallen in yet, which is I think the only reason he perches himself up there. But then again, he's been soaked in the bathtub more often than I can count and he'll still hop in there and investigate the empty tub once or twice a week.

Sheldon sleeps in that same position all the time, looks like he's sleeping on his head.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:15 AM   #219
Galeonbroad

Mad cat. Can you take a pic of him in the loo?
Miep only fell into the bathtub once, now she doesn't come near it!

He's a SuperKitteh too then!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #220
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:43 PM
Stressful morning. I have building inspectors coming over today, so I cleaned up a bit including a ton of vacuuming last night. I think that freaked out Mr MacPhisto. This morning he had a bit of diarrhea on my bed. Right before I had to leave for work. Poor thing. I was able to clean it pretty well, since it wasn't entirely liquid, but couldn't do wash before I left. Otherwise, he seemed fine. I will check on him when I get home.

He's not going to be happy when the inspectors come by but I made sure I kept the sheet on the bed which I leave long so he can hide under the bed.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #221
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggo View Post

I've thought about getting Sheldon a playmate, but one cat is already enough trouble! Between pushing the screens out of the windows to get out, beating up the deaf and blind dog, tricking my brother into letting him out the back door, waking up at the first tiny crack of dawn to be fed, and hogging the toilet (though he's not potty-trained, he just likes to sit there and will yell at you if you interrupt him), I'm afraid two cats would be complete chaos.
I'm right there with you. I have gone back and forth on getting another because Wesley is such a ball of energy. I think it would be great for him to have someone to play with but I'm worried I'd end up with another psycho cat. He is still such a little busy body troublemaker almost 2 years after I got him. I don't see him calming down anytime soon either. I could not deal with two Wesleys One is certainly enough for now.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #222
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPurrl View Post
When I say that the kittens now have "full run of the house", I mean that literally: somecat is always chasing somecat else, including the two older ones, Fergus and Callie. Finally managed to catch some of them being still for a few moments.

Bronwyn salutes the sun:

Finnula Macushla:

Bronwyn decides that Finnula needs her face washed:

Four kitties, no waiting (Fergus, Finnula, and Bronwyn on the bed; Callie in the chair)--this is a big step cos it's the first time that Finnula got on the bed.

so would Callie be on the bed if the little girls weren't there?
Old 04-25-2012, 11:57 PM   #223
Blue Crack Supplier

Actually, the next day, all four of them were on the bed. MrPurrl took a picture, but I haven't put it on the computer yet. Hopefully I will soon!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:41 AM   #224
Galeonbroad

Seems like they're getting used to each other then!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #225
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:43 PM
So, yeah poor Mr. Macphisto is super freaked out. Their litter boxes are in my bathroom and because I was gone for a few days it got a bit messy stray litter wise. I had to vacuum more than normal and it scared him. Now he refuses to go in the bathroom. I've moved one box out and will work on getting him back in there as I have a studio apt so the box needs to be in there.

Thankfully he likes cat treats and his feather wand so I use them to get him near the room.