For Cat Lovers Only XVIV - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #196
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:47 AM
sometimes Wesley just forgets to clean himself up down there, usually because he has to cover up his business in the litter box for 10 minutes before he's convinced it's covered , so he'll have wet litter on his bottom from kicking it all over the place. I just get two warm washcloths to clean him up myself. One with a little soap to use first and then the other to wash off the soap. But he'll let me do anything I want to him and it will start a major purrfest. I know some cats will murder if you try anything like that so you might not get a chance at using two separate cloths to clean her up.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #197
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 02:47 AM
Yes, a warm cloth should do the trick. If you don't get it all at once, don't stress. Just wait and try again later to get all of it.

You also said she had an ear infection. Did the vet give her antibiotics for it? Sometimes antibiotics can cause diarrhea.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #198
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:47 AM
Once Oreo had a dirty bit down there and i took a baby wipe to clean it up. He really really didn't like that! I've never seen a cat act so insulted before. This is the same cat who follows me around the house and falls asleep in my lap every night.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #199
War Child

cat opens freezer - YouTube

Old 04-18-2012, 01:52 AM   #200
Blue Crack Supplier

Hope Miep is doing better, GG!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:49 AM   #201
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 07:47 AM
Thanks for the tips guys, I'll try a wet washcloth, if she allows me.

She did get antibiotics because her paw got thick and red, and funnily enough after that she was able to hear again perfectly. Before she had gotten deaf as a bat in three months, and now she can hear again. So that's where I'm getting the idea she had an ear infection. The Vet had trouble looking in her ears because she was fighting too much.

Tonight I closed my bedroom door for the first time in years. She scratched at it to be let in for a full hour before she gave up. While I was trying to sleep. And I felt guilty as heck for not letting her in.

Cleaned out the litterbox again(did so yesterday!), and there definitely was some diarrhea there, along with a perfectly fine poop. So I don't have a clue what's up. The antibiotics she had two weeks ago, can those effects last that long? I'm thinking it might be the fish I gave her saturday, which I was doubting whether or not it was fully cooked. she needed anti-flea stuff, so she usually gets wet food or fish with that. Never given her this kind of fish either. Definitely won't do that again.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #202
ONE
love, blood, life

Henri 2, Paw de Deux - YouTube
Old 04-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #203
ONE
love, blood, life

Cat Alarm Clock - YouTube

Old 04-18-2012, 06:00 PM   #204
45:33

Local Time: 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
brilliant
Old 04-19-2012, 01:30 AM   #205
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra View Post
Love this!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:55 AM   #206
ONE
love, blood, life

^ Wouldn't you just know it was a ginger cat doing it?
Old 04-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #207
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 07:47 AM
Quote:
Aww, that's cute! And that doorstopper looks like it was made for cat entertainment.

We tried to clean Miep today, had my mother help me and hold her.. but it's dry and crusted. Even with wet paper towels I couldn't get all off. I wanted to cut the piece of hair, but she started struggling so bad I didn't risk it. Hope that she'll wash it off herself. It smells pretty darn bad. But at least most of it is gone now.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #208
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
HAHA!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #209
War Child

Location: Earth, Local Interstellar Cloud, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster Galaxies, The Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Thanks for the tips guys, I'll try a wet washcloth, if she allows me.

She did get antibiotics because her paw got thick and red, and funnily enough after that she was able to hear again perfectly. Before she had gotten deaf as a bat in three months, and now she can hear again. So that's where I'm getting the idea she had an ear infection. The Vet had trouble looking in her ears because she was fighting too much.

Tonight I closed my bedroom door for the first time in years. She scratched at it to be let in for a full hour before she gave up. While I was trying to sleep. And I felt guilty as heck for not letting her in.

Cleaned out the litterbox again(did so yesterday!), and there definitely was some diarrhea there, along with a perfectly fine poop. So I don't have a clue what's up. The antibiotics she had two weeks ago, can those effects last that long? I'm thinking it might be the fish I gave her saturday, which I was doubting whether or not it was fully cooked. she needed anti-flea stuff, so she usually gets wet food or fish with that. Never given her this kind of fish either. Definitely won't do that again.

We have had this issue with Keto fairly regularly. He's got so much long hair that stuff just gets tangled up in there. If we try to clean him with a cloth or paper towel, he gets pretty aggresive and will claw or attempt to bite so our best solution is to pick him up and take him straight into the bath tub. We have that flexible shower head which is on a chain so you can move it about and we use that to hose him down and 99.9% of the time the soaking does the trick. anything that's stuck to his fur just washes away.

Of course Keto has been getting baths since he was a baby so he's quite used to the experience. I assume it would be fairly traumatic for a cat that has never been under the shower before, so proceed with caution.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #210
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Yesterday was flea medicine time of the month for Wally. He hates it and I think is still holding a grudge today