For Cat Lovers Only XVIV - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Baby kitty at the humane society where I volunteer sat all over me this afternoon, purring and sleeping. His name is Jazz, he's new, arrived there 2 days ago, and is a bit of a scaredy cat so I have to calm him down a bit.

196208_3899502562690_1202104542_n.jpg

I'm not going to be able to get a cat for a couple years probably...yay college and being away at college :grumpy: But I am going to be at the humane society with the kittens on the weekends and some weekdays.

More shelterkitties

532717_3894746123782_1839269581_n.jpg

How do you help your kitties beat the heat? We're without A/C at the moment and sheldon acts like he's going to melt.

Baby kitty at the humane society where I volunteer sat all over me this afternoon, purring and sleeping. His name is Jazz, he's new, arrived there 2 days ago, and is a bit of a scaredy cat so I have to calm him down a bit.

196208_3899502562690_1202104542_n.jpg

I'm not going to be able to get a cat for a couple years probably...yay college and being away at college :grumpy: But I am going to be at the humane society with the kittens on the weekends and some weekdays.

More shelterkitties

532717_3894746123782_1839269581_n.jpg

I'm glad you're doing that, Katie--it's good for the animals, and you get some Fuzz-Therapy! :love:

How do you help your kitties beat the heat? We're without A/C at the moment and sheldon acts like he's going to melt.

When it's really hot here, I usually put some ice cubes in Miep's water. She likes that. Or, stupid as it sounds, give her some ice cream. It may not be healthy, but it cools her off.

Isidore will sleep in front of a fan or directly under the ceiling fan (I have some boxes stacked up under one so he can get a good breeze). He's a big cat with long fur, so he feels the heat more than the others.

Here's a pic of him in front of a fan (and laying on my messy desk area....)

isidorewfanmarch2012003.jpg

and here's one of him on is "pedestal" directly under the ceiling fan:

isidoremissmyrrhhotdaymarch2012002.jpg

As suggensted in an earlier post, ice cubes in the water bowl or fountain is a good way.

pull down the shades over your windows and do have fans going so the air is moving and there is some kind of breeze.

also, leave your closet door open as its usually dark and cool in the back corners of most closets. Keto likes to hang out in dark corners of the house on really hot days, even when we do have the AC going.

:crack: vet time for Wesley tomorrow. He'll do great getting into the carrier, will cry hysterically for the 5 minute drive, purr like crazy for the vet even while she's giving him his shots, and then will cry hysterically all the way home. He'll be fine but I'm not so sure I will be until it's done and over :barf: I hate this stuff....

we're back....

he did everything I knew he would....walked right into the carrier and then cried for dear life until we got there 5 minutes later.

We saw the associate vet today instead of our usual one. He didn't gain anything since last year but she said he needed to lose THREE pounds! WTF. He weighs just over 12 and when I got him he weighed 8 1/2 and you could see his ribs. :doh: She kept saying that the average cat should weight 7-9 pounds. That's great but he is also super long and tall. The vet we saw last year said he could stand to lose 1/2 pound so I'll stick with that.

I think next year I'm going to request the vet we've seen in the past only because this one was a major slowball with the shots and took so long that he jumped across the table after she stuck him. She had to get a tech for help. Usually the other lady does it so fast he doesn't have time to react but the one went about it way too slow so he had to get stuck 3 times for 2 shots. :|

the vet we saw the last 2 years said he should be at the 12 point mark and he's really barely over that so I'm not going to do anything about it. When I got him they told me that he needed to gain 3 pounds to be at a healthy weight for his size so I'm certainly not going to try to get him to shed 3 pounds.

Good luck to Wally on Friday! I hate the crying in the car :(

Wesley is super happy now that everyone is home, he has a full belly, and air is on full blast so now we both can relax :crazy:

Glad to know that Wesley is fine, and best wishes to Wally for Friday. Sometimes if we put a towel over the carrier, Fergus is quieter--and the kitten definitely are! Callie is a pretty good little traveler in any case.

Fergus and Callie helping me unpack :D when I got home from Virginia last week:

VA0612-23-FergusCallie.jpg

Studies have shown that there actually IS an "annoying" purr. I certainly can tell when one of my cats is doing it - It's very irritating, not soothing as purring usually is. There's a different tone.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...sg=AFQjCNEMaazrW-Flp0tp0EWGpgTk_CBI3A&cad=rja

Strange that I've never noticed that with Wesley. But my parents have both said that he has been upset with them (they can tell by his tail signals) and they've noticed he is purring so loud they thought he was growling. I've never noticed a difference. He must just be so in love with his mama! :rolleyes:

Glad to know that Wesley is fine, and best wishes to Wally for Friday. Sometimes if we put a towel over the carrier, Fergus is quieter--and the kitten definitely are! Callie is a pretty good little traveler in any case.

Fergus and Callie helping me unpack :D when I got home from Virginia last week:

VA0612-23-FergusCallie.jpg

I love it when they help pack and unpack :cute: My sister used to travel for work when we lived together and it was so funny to see how Lily knew what the suitcase meant. The minute my sister would get it out to pack Lily would go and hide under the bed and start a hunger strike. Once my sister got home Lily would plant herself on top of the suitcase and lay there for days.

If it fits, he sits.
AvzYnyhCQAMpp2I.jpg

so cute!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom