Even Funnier Things From The Internet Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the Ikea monkey in a coat

If you are a teacher or just concerned with what the youth of America are thinking, here's the website for you:

Shit My Students Write

Examples:

Sound in TV is vital. Without sound we would consistently be watching silent shows. Issues in the world today such as race, sex and drugs are too large to deal with in silence.

And then the American Government made the Native Americans walk the Trail of Tears, and that was super no bueno.

When it comes to things that happen throughout time, not many of them continue to occur. That’s just medieval. For example, the Crusades of 1777 happened once, but never again. It’s a good thing too, because the Crusades were like one brick in the wall of Christian dominance, which would never be the case in America today.

Infinity is a number that people just know is big, no one really knows how big just big so it is up for the individual to decide.

I took a history class in college where the professor continued to dumb down the lectures after every exam and paper assignment we had, because the kids in the class kept proving their idiocy in new and exciting ways each time. I liked the kid who wrote "the crusades was a time of violence" for an essay question on a test. That was all he wrote.

Pearl said:
If you are a teacher or just concerned with what the youth of America are thinking, here's the website for you:

Shit My Students Write

Examples:

I've seen it all in this regard. One that occurs frequently is something along the lines of "if these events had not happened, history would not be the same." It's a completely empty sentence that people for whatever reason think is a solid conclusion.

I've seen it all in this regard. One that occurs frequently is something along the lines of "if these events had not happened, history would not be the same." It's a completely empty sentence that people for whatever reason think is a solid conclusion.

The worst part about that is that some teachers do let kids get away with that. Then they finally get a class where they can't write garbage like that and whine that "well none of my other teachers ever said anything."

The other one that makes me insanely angry is "in conclusion, there are many similarities and differences.." Four of us from medic school were in the car driving to class, and for some reason everyone not driving decided to read their papers outloud. the other three all ended their papers with sentences that started that way. Not only that, but their entire conclusion was that one sentence. Fucking idiots all got As. I think the entire class got an A for handing a paper in, but I seriously considered dropping them off on the highway and made them walk the rest of the way to class.

And first person. That pisses me off, too. Over excessive passive voice is no better, but if you start a research assignmet with I. it should be automatically thrown out.

My biggest pet peeve in writing is beginning a paper with "Webster's Dictionary/Google/Wikipedia/whatever else defines x as..." I'm not asking you to regurgitate the dictionary, for god's sake.

My biggest pet peeve in writing is beginning a paper with "Webster's Dictionary/Google/Wikipedia/whatever else defines x as..." I'm not asking you to regurgitate the dictionary, for god's sake.

Yeah, that's also pretty bad. And Wikipedia in general....let's not even get into that.

I always say sorry if I don't have a lighter, then feel bad and think to keep one on me at all times.

Have been on the bus where everyone hopped off the stop before mine..Well I couldn't make him go all that roundabout way just for me when I knew it was his last stop.
I hopped off early with everyone else :reject:

Haha, I usually say no I don't have a lighter when I do have one because I do smoke. Just to be a douche, because I'm a douchey american. But the food in the fridge one is dead on. And most of the others as well....

Everything with that cat is funny. Someone printed out the one that says "still here. Worst apocalypse ever" and stuck it on the fridge in the break room at one of the ERs. I lol'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom