Even Funnier Things From The Internet Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cobl04 said:

http://bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19674622

Jesus fresco 'destroyer' in Spain demands royalties

The woman who ruined a prized Jesus Christ fresco in Spain is now demanding royalties after her botched restoration became a hit with tourists.

Lawyers for Cecilia Gimenez, who is in her 80s, say any "economic compensation" would go to charities.

She made headlines after her do-it-yourself restoration in a church left the 19th Century fresco of Christ resembling a hairy monkey.

But thousands of people have since visited the church near Zaragoza.

The airline Ryanair is now even offering deals to the north-eastern Spanish city, encouraging tourists to see the fresco in the Sanctuary of Mercy Church in Borja.

"She just wants (the church) to conform with the law," said Enrigue Trebolle, Ms Gimenez's lawyer.

Thousands of people have visited the church to look at the fresco
"If this implies an economic compensation, she wants it to be for charitable purposes."

The lawyer added that Ms Gimenez was favouring charities helping patients with muscular atrophy, because her son suffered from the condition.

Ms Gimenez earlier said she had decided to restore the work by Elias Garcia Martinez because of its deterioration due to moisture.

She claimed to have had the permission of the parish priest to carry out the job.

"How could you do something like that without permission? He knew it!" she was quoted as saying.

But during the restoration, the delicate brush strokes of Elias Garcia Martinez were buried under a haphazard splattering of paint.

The once-dignified portrait now resembles a crayon sketch of a very hairy monkey in an ill-fitting tunic.

Ms Gimenez appears to have realised she was out of her depth and contacted the city councillor in charge of cultural affairs.

Cultural officials said she had the best intentions and hoped the piece could be properly restored.

Coke KOs millionaire James Brown's conk | The Sun |News

James_Brown__1590580a.jpg

Actually, no. It's not.

Upon closer look, I spotted a man's head behind the stingray. Clearly he is holding it up against the women's shoulders. So I was duped like half the world was.

So FAIL on my part :slant:

http://bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19764166

The Onion spoofs Iran news agency on Obama-Ahmadinejad story

A news agency in Iran has published a report by the satirical news website, The Onion, saying rural white Americans would rather vote for President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad than Barack Obama.

Quoting The Onion word-for-word, Fars states that an opinion poll also found 77% would rather go to a baseball game or have a drink with Mr Ahmadinejad.

A made-up West Virginia resident is quoted as saying: "I like him better."

The report has not yet been published in Farsi on the agency's website.

The Fars news agency, which is affiliated with the powerful Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC), does not credit The Onion for the report on the survey.

The West Virginia resident is also quoted as saying the Iranian leader "takes national defence seriously, and he'd never let some gay protesters tell him how to run his country like Obama does".

Iran banned alcohol after the Islamic revolution in 1979. Homosexuality is punishable by imprisonment or, in some cases, death.

Iranian media and politicians frequently refer to the US as the "Great Satan".

In 2004, China's state-run Beijing Evening News relayed a report by The Onion which said the US Congress was threatening to move out of Washington unless a new Capitol was built.

And in 2009, two Bangladeshi newspapers apologised after publishing an article taken from The Onion which claimed the Moon landings were faked.

Actually, no. It's not.

Upon closer look, I spotted a man's head behind the stingray. Clearly he is holding it up against the women's shoulders. So I was duped like half the world was.

So FAIL on my part :slant:

I think it's just a Jewish stingray who's wearing a fancy yarmulke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom