European Fans: Turn your clocks back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

last unicorn

Blue Crack Addict
It's this time of the year again ... people in Europe have to turn their clocks and watches BACK an hour tonight, that means: the night will be an hour longer and we get a little more sleep. Whatever you are planning to do tonight: Have fun (or sleep well :wink:).

shit, dark even one hour earlier :(I don't like it. We should end up with winter time.

Sigh. I woke up at 8 this morning, only to remember this whole turning back your clocks thing. So in fact I woke up at 7 on a Sunday morning. Well, there's a first time for everything..:huh:

^ I turned the clocks back yesterday before going to sleep and guess what: I woke up at seven, it was light out there and I thought it was at least 8. All this confusion twice a year.

Anyone knows what happens with trains etc.? I mean when departure time is 2 o'clock and then we turn the clock 1 hour back... :hmm:

^ Then the arrival time is within the "new" time, it's like flights over a couple of time zones, the arrival time is always the local time and the local time here means "winter time". It's the normal time minus one hour. Doesn't mean the trains go faster and the journey takes one hour less. :wink:

That's too complex for me! Seriously I don't know why we still should have this confusion twice a year. :tsk:

:grumpy: You guys shoulda told me this last night! I forgot about it and got up an hour early this morning. I hate getting up early!

And most annoying thing is, that I'll find lots of watches/ clocks with the wrong time the next week! :mad:

:grumpy: You guys shoulda told me this last night! I forgot about it and got up an hour early this morning. I hate getting up early!

Well I DID tell you yesterday evening, just after I had turned back all my own clocks. Thank God my computer can do this all alone.

It's such a long day already.

Done.

Although... I'm so confused. I thought we LOST an hour this time of the year? Obviously not :scratch:

Done.

Although... I'm so confused. I thought we LOST an hour this time of the year? Obviously not :scratch:

Spring forward, fall back.

We usually go out on the bikes at this time on a Sunday and the weather is usually nice and it's still bright outside. This evening it's dark and rainy outside. :sad:

Spring forward, fall back, I just love this saying. I always got confused and I don't know of any German saying that's as fitting. So when I learned this one, my life just was perfect. :drool:

:wink:

Well I DID tell you yesterday evening, just after I had turned back all my own clocks. Thank God my computer can do this all alone.

It's such a long day already.

:lol: I wasn't at the computer last night. I sorta came back at 1 am from my best friends' place cause I thought I had to get up early for work. Figures I could've stayed another hour!

Spring forward, fall back, I just love this saying. I always got confused and I don't know of any German saying that's as fitting. So when I learned this one, my life just was perfect. :drool:

:wink:

We have a very Viennese method to remember this, however it only works in German language. It has something to do with the chairs and tables in a restaurant's or café's garden being put OUT (= vor) in front of the restaurant in spring and being put BACK (= zurück) into the restaurant in fall. :D

i turned mine back last sunday on my girlfriend's brilliant advice that we're changing clocks then. she was a little wrong... and it took me all day to figure it out.

good times, guys. everyone's laughing, eating food and spending money nowadays, guys.

We have a very Viennese method to remember this, however it only works in German language. It has something to do with the chairs and tables in a restaurant's or café's garden being put OUT (= vor) in front of the restaurant in spring and being put BACK (= zurück) into the restaurant in fall. :D

that's good! :D thanks!

Back
Top Bottom