Engrish Funny.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

purpleoscar

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
:laugh:

Engrish Funny: Engrish Pictures That Is Your Funny Engrish

engrish-funny-crap-pineapple.jpg

engrish-funny-pork-mee.jpg

engrish-funny-soft-drinks.jpg

engrish-funny-high-price.jpg

engrish-funny-pee-pee.jpg

engrish-funny-after-death.jpg

engrish-funny-hand-job1.jpg

:laugh:

I can't remember exactly what it said, and the picture is lost to time, but while I was in japan, a friend and I were walking behind a lady with a Felix the Cat shirt on, and the back said something like "Felix is the Cat is a curious cat filled with wander in and mystery". It just amused us mostly cause it was like a freaking encyclopedia article worth of text on the back of a t-shirt.

It's a branch off of Icanhascheezeburger.com,so this site gets many laughs from me :lmao:
Another good one is Failblog,:crack::D

btw,if you are sensitive to vulgar words or descriptions and or disgusting and vulgar depictions,beware...:lol:

It's a branch off of Icanhascheezeburger.com,so this site gets many laughs from me :lmao:
Another good one is Failblog,:crack::D

btw,if you are sensitive to vulgar words or descriptions and or disgusting and vulgar depictions,beware...:lol:

Jeez that's cute! :cute: They even have a cat grabbing a beer.

Love cats! :rolleyes:

I'll be ordering crap and pineapple the next time i'll go to a Chinese restaurant. :drool:

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

When we went thru the Beijing Airport this summer, they were playing a Swine Flu prevention video over all of the TV screens that was horribly subtitled in English. I am SO kicking myself for not getting video of it. :doh:

Mark

This is so funny! I love things like that. There's a book that contains hundreds of bad translations into my language (which is German) and it comes out every year with a new edition, I've got all of them. The stuff is hilarious, especially the menus!

^ Here in Hong Kong there are lots of restaurants whose pinyin names on their signs end in "Fat," which means prosperity in Cantonese and perhaps Mandarin as well. I'm not sure whether the tendency to not bother actually translating it more shows a lack of awareness how it might sound in English, or more just that because of the bilingual nature of the place, they take for granted that English speakers are accustomed enough to seeing pinyin to not think much about what if anything it sounds like in English.

ETA: Haven't seen the precise swine flu video kramwest saw, but there certainly are lots of swine flu public-awareness materials scattered about here, and like that video, many of them have what to Western eyes reads as a strangely, inappropriately cutesy aesthetic. Then again, if you've seen footage of US public-awareness materials from, say, the 1950s, a lot of that stuff seems strangely cutesy too, so perhaps it's something to do with a certain phase in the development of media culture where that's seen as a good way to rally the (not-yet-so-jaded?) public behind something.

On my computer back home in the US, I have a photo I took in Paris several years back of a German tour bus lumbering down the Champs-Elysees, proudly emblazoned in huge letters with the touring company's name, "FUCKER" (to be fair, there is an umlaut over the u). My inner ten-year-old still cracks up every time I look at that.

Last edited:
OH my God! We saw a building like that in Japan. I can't remember what it was called, but I know we kept referring to it as The Fucker Building.

Not so much Engrish...well maybe it is. I kept on buying this water when we were in China

n684230111_5340081_916.jpg

- Haha! It's a place where it's legal to get drunk, and they're persuading you to do it!

- Chinese expletives. :tsk:

- If I had to choose a deathbed, it would have to be somewhere in that restaurant.

I thought you guys might like this one:

engrish-funny-poprocks-coke.jpg

Poprocks coke
Welcome toparadlse
Backet case
When come around
She
Air (Iason Andremeva)
Good riddle ance
Stuck with me
Beautiful Day
Stuck inamoment you can’t get out of