East Coast earthquake!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My whole building shook! Holy crap, this is not California!

My sister in NC felt it too!

I'm in New Jersey. My family is in NYC, and they felt it too.

Yikes! But at the same time, its worth to laugh at. I mean, an earthquake on the East Coast? Really?

I'm in New Jersey. My family is in NYC, and they felt it too.

Yikes! But at the same time, its worth to laugh at. I mean, an earthquake on the East Coast? Really?

There was also one on Saturday in northern Ontario, just south of Sudbury. Damn! I am gonna add earthquake coverage to my house insurance asap :hmm:

Sicy said:

Meanwhile:

indexfault_map.gif

Second floor of the house, leaning back streching in chair at the time, sat forward suddenly put it down to rush of blood, no... it was both!

Scottish person + EQ virgin = grrr unfunny...!

PhilsFan said:
How do you have an earthquake when there's no fault line? I always assumed I'd never experience one.

Best fault line map I can find atm on my phone, point is there is a fault our two near you.

20100122_united_states_fault_line_maps_earthquakes_seizmic_activity.jpg

Felt it in DC - my work building evacuated. The epicenter is just miles from a nuclear plant (which is offline now).

My facebook exploded. We've been amusing ourselves with the news coverage. Although, to be fair, we may be able to handle earthquakes but rain freaks us the hell out. So there's that.

I'm glad there doesn't appear to be any major damage or casualties. It just goes to show earthquakes can happen just about anywhere. Apparently the only state that has never recorded one is North Dakota.

As I said on facebook, it looks just like Southern California storm damage.

My facebook exploded. We've been amusing ourselves with the news coverage. Although, to be fair, we may be able to handle earthquakes but rain freaks us the hell out. So there's that.

At least California has strict building codes compared to the east coast.

Back
Top Bottom