Does financeguy really talk like the guy in Black Books?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kieran McConville

ONE love, blood, life
Some here, including Zoomerang96, think he might. I wonder if he really actually does?

Should we have a poll to gauge the popular line on this one, guys?

For my own money, I'd guess there's a 40% probability that Financeguy talks a little like the guy in Black Books (as played by Dylan Moran, bon vivant and noted alcoholic).

On the other hand he may not only talk like, but look like, Father Ted. I tend to doubt it, but it's possible.

Let's have a debate on the matter, guys.

Which guy? I hope you don't mean my beligerant and drunk secret love, Bernard. And I just actually read your post to find you do in fact mean my dear bastard crush. I hate you now. That's all. Clearly, finance guy is more like Roy from the IT Crowd - cranky, still, and locked in a basement somewhere.

It may not have got such a screening in the US... not entirely sure.

I'm sure there'll be a remake with Steve Carrell or somebody.

Which guy? I hope you don't mean my beligerant and drunk secret love, Bernard. And I just actually read your post to find you do in fact mean my dear bastard crush. I hate you now. That's all. Clearly, finance guy is more like Roy from the IT Crowd - cranky, still, and locked in a basement somewhere.

:heart:

What she said. I'm about to drop a shit load on Dylan Moran tickets. It's not going to be sullied.

should this thread be moved to FYM?

:lock:

"the bank's are fucked, the country's fucked, we are all fucked"
:sexywink::giggle:

What she said. I'm about to drop a shit load on Dylan Moran tickets. It's not going to be sullied.

:love: I got some of his dvds for Christmas. God, it hurts. Did I tell you about Bill Bailey? :lol: I've told everyone else. Bloody hell, he is hilarious. Crazy funny.

.... Hang on a sec, he's touring????????????????? I'm gonna hyperventilate.

financeguy, you either answer the question or i'll close this thread. :lock:
or i'll do as garrison demanded.

seriously though, we just finished watching the last episode of the third and final series of black books today. really, really enjoyed it. some episodes were definitely hit and miss, but when they hit... it's gold, jerry. GOLD.

dylan is a hero of many, and for good reason.

so once again, financeguy... do you speak like him?

pronounce this sentence for me immediately:

"i think there's something wrong with my liver."

except... you know... type it instead.

Adam Hills Hoist? Is he the smirking guy from Spicks and Specks (a show I will never watch on account of Myf)?

That's the one.

What's your beef with Myf? I don't find her that bad, but entirely unsuitable as a whatever it is she actually does for a living. She sorely lacks a radio personality. She's on a commercial station now.

financeguy, you either answer the question or i'll close this thread. :lock:
or i'll do as garrison demanded.

seriously though, we just finished watching the last episode of the third and final series of black books today. really, really enjoyed it. some episodes were definitely hit and miss, but when they hit... it's gold, jerry. GOLD.

dylan is a hero of many, and for good reason.

so once again, financeguy... do you speak like him?

pronounce this sentence for me immediately:

"i think there's something wrong with my liver."

except... you know... type it instead.

I have no idea, how does anyone know what they speak like?

Dylan Moran is Bill Hicks to Tommy Tiernan's Dennis Leary.

It's just my opinion, can't say if I'm right or not, but I am rite.

One thing I'm sure of, Kieran will be eaten by his own rite.

Oh, gawd, Mad-alaine, the last thing I ever wanted to happen was your tinger exploded!

:cute:

I shall be in Belfast in two hours to remedy the situation and drink one cup tea.

Ta ta!

:hug:

well it was wonderful, it took a while to decode and even at that, this female robot spoke to me on the other end, and told me to light the cigarette. so I did.

My tinger cannot be replaced, but thank you anyhow for the thrill of my life, oh Alaine!

:up:

one cup of the most lemony tea ever made, with like 100 lemons. down in one gulp. your face and my face will look like someone just stuffed a huge cactus up our asses.

:love: I got some of his dvds for Christmas. God, it hurts. Did I tell you about Bill Bailey? :lol: I've told everyone else. Bloody hell, he is hilarious. Crazy funny.

.... Hang on a sec, he's touring????????????????? I'm gonna hyperventilate.
Got my tickets to Dylan :drool: And I've seen Bill live too. That keyboard :love:

My fave episode of BB was when they drank the wrong wines and had to replace them :lmao:

Bernard :love:

Back
Top Bottom