Do you all believe this study?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And Marilyn Manson is still responsible for Columbine. :rolleyes:

Pretty much bullshit when you can't know for certain where the people who were listening to each band while waiting would have allocated funds beforehand, although I suppose the people who created the 'study' would have just asked them to list their favorite bands on the bottom of the forms and tried to make the data line up to fit their conclusions. I do find myself curious whether they played the first skrewdriver album or the extra batshit crazy later stuff for them. Not a band I ever supported anything (I'm more partial to the stage bottles song with the Ian is dead chant, personally). Plus, it's reaching pretty far to say that thinking the agriculture dept needs better funding at a particular school = racism.

And that second link, really? You're going to take stories from some random people on a white power message board as gospel as to why Metallica are a bunch of racists?

Its a well known fact that plantation owners used to blast Metallica music in the fields in the 1840's to scare the slaves into working harder.

I mean its all in the music..."Master of Puppets", "Fade to Black"...couldn't be more obvious.

I've never really noticed racism as a result of people listening to Metallica. The one thing I have noticed though is that many people that listen to them trail off every sentence with "yea". That gets annoying.

[
I know it's a year old but that explains why all the Metallica fans I've met(and I've met one too many)have all been racist-hence why I've always hated Metallica and why Jason Newstead and James Hetfield are closeted Klan members:

Painting with an awfully broad brush there, don't you think?

I'm just curious what asr was doing on that white power message board in the first place. Their particular brand of hate speech was pretty entertaining--in a true horror sense, that is. Some serious nut jobs on there. But following his incredible leaps of logic, the fact that he even linked that story seems to prove he hated Jews.

Touche to all of the above! :up:

Since I started this thread, I will now:lock:it.

ps; Because of the latest news about there not being a U2 album in the near future, I was driven to utter madness, such as starting thread like this. My sincerest apologies for such drivel.

Well, you didn't publish the study, so I think you're off the hook :wink:
Don't be afraid to start threads because of this little incident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom