Connecting through Denver Airport

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenBlue

Blue Crack Addict
This isn't for months but I will be connecting through Denver later on this year. I am coming in from Canada.. I take it I will have to go through customs, will I have to go through security again as well? I also think I'll have to change terminals which is something I haven't had to do before. I will only have a carryon, so that will save me some time. I'll have a three hour layover there, just wondering if that will be enough. I'm sure it will, but this is me just being neurotic lol.

RavenBlue said:
This isn't for months but I will be connecting through Denver later on this year. I am coming in from Canada.. I take it I will have to go through customs, will I have to go through security again as well? I also think I'll have to change terminals which is something I haven't had to do before. I will only have a carryon, so that will save me some time. I'll have a three hour layover there, just wondering if that will be enough. I'm sure it will, but this is me just being neurotic lol.

If you have to go through immigration and customs, chances are you might have to go through security again.
Actually, Denver Airport website confirmed this. Go to the Traveler information, International Passenger section. http://flydenver.com/english
Since you don't have checked baggage, I'm sure the process will be quick. The website also tells you there's a train you can take to transfer between the terminals, after the security screening.

Hope this helps! And safe travels! :)

Major airports in Canada have US customs on site, so you don't have to go through it again after landing in the US.

Ah I was wondering about that ntalwar.. I was reading about pre clearance and wondered if that applied. If that's the case that would save me a ton of time (and peace of mind)

I've connected through Denver airport from Canada and never had to go through customs or security again. Anytime I've conneted in the U.S., I've gone through both processes on Canadian soil, before taking off.

what city in Canada are you coming in from?

Even if you do not pre-clear, most airlines minimum connect times for international to domestic flights is 60-75 minutes, so three hours is MORE than enough time. And Denver is pretty easy to connect through with its tram. With three hours, you are going to be bored off of your gourd.

As Zoney said, Denver is quite simple to figure out where you need to be. The tram is very straight forward, and everything is marked fairly well. If you have that much time, may as well eat in the airport. FYI, I don't think I've ever had a flight not be delayed out of Denver before in my life, so good luck.

You will definitely go through US customs in Toronto.

There's free WiFi in DIA, although you get what you pay for.
(Don't bother trying Facebook or anything other than basic e-mails and info.)

I connect through Denver all of the time and LOVE grabbing a Cheese, Fruit and Nut box from Pour La France at the Core of the B Gates. It's not the most exotic cheese, but it's not Velveeta either. The dried apricots and walnuts are a treat, too.
Itza Wrap/Itza Bowl is pretty good, too. It's Asian (kinda) stuff, but it's tasty and mostly healthy.

There are much worse airports in which to spend extra time. I was just there twice over the holidays.

:twocents:

Back
Top Bottom