Coney Island... closing its doors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
some may already know about this but I just saw this news this morning.. and my heart is saddened.. I guess this day would come sooner or later but still. What a historic landmark full of many, many memories...

RIP Coney Island..

Coney Island amusement park closing

Astroland, one of the best-known amusement parks in New York's Coney Island, is set to close at the end of this summer. What memories do you have of Coney Island?

Share your photos and video of Astroland and other attractions in the area through the years. What does the future hold for Coney Island? Tell us what this historic amusement district means to you.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
just tell me when they blow up willets point.

Seriously.

If we posted THIS picture and asked people to name where in the world this place is located, how many would say America, little alone New York City?

0912711willetspointblvd.jpg

some may already know about this but I just saw this news this morning.. and my heart is saddened.. I guess this day would come sooner or later but still. What a historic landmark full of many, many memories...

RIP Coney Island..

Coney Island amusement park closing

Astroland, one of the best-known amusement parks in New York's Coney Island, is set to close at the end of this summer. What memories do you have of Coney Island?

Share your photos and video of Astroland and other attractions in the area through the years. What does the future hold for Coney Island? Tell us what this historic amusement district means to you.

unfortunatly I have never been there, to me nothing can come close to the news the six flags astroworld of Houston, TX closing down, now that's :sad: to me.

^ No!

When I was little, I spent most of my summers there. My mother and would take the train and get off near the aquarium and walk to the beach. It was bring what ever you could carry! My cousins and I had great times there, getting Nathans and eating corn on the cob. I also got bit by a crab back in the day. It was just hanging off my ankle and my mother beat it with the shovel to my pail!!! :lol: Not only was I crying because the crab locked onto me but that my mother was hitting off! :reject:

Astroland! Been there many a time. I just took my kids there about 2 years ago. I think they were shell shocked. They were afraid that the rides where going to break. Then I showed them the Cyclone.(Funny now my sons Baseball team is the Cyclones.) Told them how many times I was on that crazy thing when I was younger than them. They thought I was crazy. I also showed them the ride their Nana went on and had to be helped off cause it made her so dizzy she couldn't walk! :lol: My best memories of CI are of my cousin who was 5 years younger than me and afraid of his own shadow. I always had to hold his hand. And of my grandparents who had more fun watching their grandchildren on the rides than going on any of them.
My parents have many pictures from there. Sorry for being so sappy, but its sad and has so many wonderful memories.

I'm so glad I managed to finally see it this summer before it closes (and went back several times). I feel bad enough about not going to a Yankees home game, but not seeing Coney Island would have just about killed me.

Back
Top Bottom