canada is different from america... how, exactly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gah, I missed the deadline by 20 mins! :mad: :wink:

Your discussions with those people are hilarious! But what exactly are you asking them - if it's as popular as I've heard it is?
My colleague (actually, my boss!) is actually from St. John's so I guess he's def urban like you but he hasn't lived there in 25-30 yrs so perhaps that explains why no one agrees with him!

But the facebook group does seem to support him :hmm:

Gah, I missed the deadline by 20 mins! :mad: :wink:

Your discussions with those people are hilarious! But what exactly are you asking them - if it's as popular as I've heard it is?
My colleague (actually, my boss!) is actually from St. John's so I guess he's def urban like you but he hasn't lived there in 25-30 yrs so perhaps that explains why no one agrees with him!

But the facebook group does seem to support him :hmm:

Yes, the evidence supports him, for sure! If you google "Pineapple Crush," you come up with all kinds of Newfoundland-related posts. And, yes, that's what I asked the people last night: whether they knew about the exclusivity of it. I bet if I'd asked at the party I went to later in the evening, many would've heard of it...It's just good to know that I'm not the only one who is ignorant. :wink:

...If you go to that store and really want to impress him, along with getting the Crush, you could get some Purity candies--or a bottle of Black Horse beer. I do know about those things!

...i saw it there years ago, in a location that's now closed.

How conveeeenient...:wink:

pineapple crush? is it pop of some kind?

Like Orange Crush, with no orange, but with pineapple.

Well, I would request one but what kind of "Newfie store" is it if they don't stock the stuff, right?
Btw, do most people drink it on its own or mix it with something?
And prior to my posting all this did you think the Pineapple Crush was available country-wide?

And thanks for the tip on the Black Horse Beer & Purity candies. Man, am I ever gonna get that promotion now :p:

hi my name is joe canuck eh? the date is december 22 2008 or 12/22/08.

my favorite color is gray, and there's a special exhibit at the local art center.

i don't use the present perfect, because i don't know what that is. it's like a ton of bricks fell on the collective youth of canada because wait this sentence isn't really adding up.

did i mention the date is 12/22/08?

that means the year is 98 percent finished.

yes, percent.

hey alan, what time is band practice?

hey, does anyone know what time american idol is on tonite? lol! did anyone catch last week's show?

soccer is such a gay sport, guys. hey did anyone catch the jaguars vs. titans match?

i'd be honored if someone would armor my computer with antivirus software, guys. anyone up for the challenge?

hey i'm canadian! i use microsoft word and facebook and forgot anything i ever learnt in school, guys!

cana-da! cana-da! cana-da!!!!!!!!

oh did i mention to you guys how government almost got rid of our head of state right after elections? yeah, these three bimbos wanted to form an undemocratic alliance despite canadians just weeks earlier voting directly for stephen harper!

GUYS!

cana-da! cana-da! cana-da!

chant it with me now

oh did i mention to you guys how government almost got rid of our head of state right after elections? yeah, these three bimbos wanted to form an undemocratic alliance despite canadians just weeks earlier voting directly for stephen harper!

But, Harper gave us the illusion that everything was in it$ right place during that election...surely an equally sneaky act! "Surpluses for years!" "We're in an economic bubble of immunity here in Canada!"

Thanks for the wool, Steve. We'll be stuffing our sweater vests with it for the pending depression. :up:

this is my expressing interest post - pm on the way lol :wave:

You're in! :D

I assumed you were channeling your inner Shephen Colbert or Jon Stewart. :wink:

...Or Rick Mercer. *Canadian content, as per CRTC regulations*

ha well played.
yeah it was complete with incorrect spellings and all.

i thought it was too over the top, but maybe it wasn't even obvious to begin with.

ha well played.
yeah it was complete with incorrect spellings and all.

i thought it was too over the top, but maybe it wasn't even obvious to begin with.

The whole thing was sort of obvious, even to an American like myself. I'm sure I missed a reference or "mistake" or two, but overall I was able to follow along. It was an honour to read.

...did i just convert you?
you wrote honour. with a u.

does this mean you've turned away from your republican ways? have you repented?

you vixen, you. i was fooled into thinking i'd converted an american into a modern-day loyalist.

Back
Top Bottom