Black Eyed Peas concert ok for 11 yr old girl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oneu2fan

The Fly
My daughter was invited to go w/ four friends and a mom. Never saw the band, don't know if they are age appropriate. (I know they opened for U2 before.) T-Pain is opening. Any feedback would be appreciated. Seems like a young age for a concert, but no one else is questioning it.

I don't think she's too young to go to a concert in general, but the Black Eyed Peas (more importantly T-Pain) do tend to use some crude language and often inappropriate visuals (more T-Pain for that one...). When I saw the BEPs open for U2, they weren't bad at all, but then again, I was 15. So, in my opinion, I think she's a bit young for this concert in particular :shrug:

ETA: If they were to arrive AFTER the opening act, then it may be a different story :giggle:

T-Pain might have some... interesting lyrical content for an 11 year old girl.

BEP? Most of it's pointless drivel. But that's kind of the problem.

Of course there's also gems like:

What you gon' do with all that junk?
All that junk inside that trunk?
I'ma get, get, get, get, you drunk,
Get you love drunk off my hump.
What you gon' do with all that ass?
All that ass inside them jeans?
I'm a make, make, make, make you scream
Make you scream, make you scream.
Cos of my hump (ha), my hump, my hump, my hump (what).
My hump, my hump, my hump (ha), my lovely lady lumps (Check it out)

T-Pain might have some... interesting lyrical content for an 11 year old girl.

BEP? Most of it's pointless drivel. But that's kind of the problem.

Of course there's also gems like:

What you gon' do with all that junk?
All that junk inside that trunk?
I'ma get, get, get, get, you drunk,
Get you love drunk off my hump.
What you gon' do with all that ass?
All that ass inside them jeans?
I'm a make, make, make, make you scream
Make you scream, make you scream.
Cos of my hump (ha), my hump, my hump, my hump (what).
My hump, my hump, my hump (ha), my lovely lady lumps (Check it out)

:cute: one of the classics . . . Dylan would be proud :laugh:

peeing your pants is the coolest when you're 11 years old, so yes

:lol:

< I'd be steering clear of the BEP's but that's just me . . . I still won't let my kids (14, 11,11) watch video hits cuz it gets a little, err, slutty for want of a better word . . .and I do remember being completely bamboozled at the fact that there were kids as young as 5 at a P!nk concert I went to last year :shrug:. . . she may hate you for a little while if you don't let her go but that's part of the fun of the mummy/daddy gig I guess.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)

I also think that 11 might be a bit young for the Black Eyed Peas and T-Pain. I used to go along with my parents to concerts when I was that age, but those were more the Sting, UB40, Mark Knopfler kind of shows :wink: But seriously though. Nothing wrong with going to concerts in general that age (though supervised), but I think the content of that particular show might be quite inappropriate for someone that relatively young.

The only thing horribly wrong with it is the T-Pain.

In terms of BEP, your daughter likely already knows their lyrics inside and out, that's why she's asking to go to the concert. One more dose isn't going to do a thing to her. I don't even think there's a radio station on the air now that doesn't play BEP (ok, maybe some hard rock stations don't). 80% of pop music is far more questionable lyrically. Some of it's really quite offensive, actually. BEP imo is on the far mild end of the spectrum, compartively.

Bono lets a few bombs slip at pretty much every show :shrug:

With kids going to concerts I'm more concerned about the general image and message of the artist overall...BEP is fairly harmless dancey pop music and they don't feature the raunchy overly erotic dance routines that pretty much every other artist out there does. Like...taking an 11 year old to a Lady Gaga show? :no:

:hmm:
Based on what I saw at the Rose Bowl, I would take my 11 year old girl. She would love the performance.:up:
I would stay away from the opening act tho'

Based on Vegas, I'd say bring ear plugs for her - the bass was so loud, I was vibrating at the back of the field!

Good choice. I wasn't allowed to go to concerts till I was 15. If I had to suffer, I don't see why everyone else shouldn't either..... :grumpy:

Good choice. I wasn't allowed to go to concerts till I was 15. If I had to suffer, I don't see why everyone else shouldn't either..... :grumpy:

I went to my first when I was 12. Or 13? X Factor, just to salt it up. :kiss:

I'd let an 11 year old go to a BEP concert. I saw them late last year and it was surprisingly good. The support act were a new kind of awful though.

Back
Top Bottom