Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Onto my next one now, a Samuel Smith's nut brown ale. I think I have a new favorite brewery.

Yeah, Sam Smith's is awesome. In London, they have entire pubs dedicated to a single brewer. One of the Sam Smith's pubs had a dark cherry beer that was one of the more unique things I have ever had.

Yeah, Sam Smith's is awesome. In London, they have entire pubs dedicated to a single brewer. One of the Sam Smith's pubs had a dark cherry beer that was one of the more unique things I have ever had.

They're also some of the best and most historic pubs in London, Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese, The Cittee of yorke, Princess Louise. They're also the cheapest, a pint in there is about £2.50 wheras the average in central London is about £3.70.

Framboise mixed with a good stout is apparently a really good mix. I still don't like it, but then again I don't think I'll ever enjoy beer.

Another reason for me to go to London.

Oh man oh man oh man! I finally have had a pumpkin beer that is not only good, but tastes like pumpkin!!

Sam Adams, you have not let me down.

bono_212 said:
Oh man oh man oh man! I finally have had a pumpkin beer that is not only good, but tastes like pumpkin!!

Awesome. If it's Sam Adams, there's the possibility I may just find one here... I hope so, I wanna see what this punkin beer's all about.

Seriously, since I turned 21 I've been trying to find a decent pumpkin beer. I avoided the Sam Adams one because I figured it would just be as bad as all the rest. Instead, it reminded me of this one type of Pepsi that came out years ago. The Pepsi was supposed to be Christmas flavored. Now, I'm sure you're thinking how the hell can something be Christmas flavored. Well, when you drank the Pepsi, you immediately understood. The stuff tasted like a wreath. To me this was not a bad thing, but the shit definitely didn't last long. Made me sad, because I loved it to death, it was every smell I associated with Christmas (as far as floral and herbs go) and I couldn't get enough of it.

Anyways, that's how this beer was. It was all about the spice. It tasted very herbal and fresh and then right at the end,there was this hint of pumpkin.

:drool:. I was so happy to find this beer.

bono_212 said:

I did not know that Sam Adams made pumpkin beer. :love: I thought Octoberfest was their only fall brew. Glad I saw this post.

This means Summer Ale will be coming off of the shelves soon. :sad:

interesting....not a big fan of Sam Adams but maybe I'll check this out. So happy it's pumpkin beer season is approaching. There's more and more new stuff every year to try. :drool:

Apparently Southern Tier's Pumpkin beer is amazing. Which is good news, because all the liquor stores here carry Southern Tier. I don't see it yet, but I assume it will be here soon.

Sam Adams has a whole fall box out right now. Samuel Adams - America's World Class Beer

Everything I've had out of it so far is awesome. I actually hadn't had a plain Boston Lager yet, but it's great. The Latitude's not the best.

The Oktober beers are flooding in around here. I've spent disproportionate time at bars already this month getting while the getting's good, and I've got to drop the name of O'Fallon brewery again. Everything I've had by these guys is TASTY:

tumblr_l8thtjLP141qdxjwwo1_500.jpg

I've also had:

Woodchuck Pumpkin cider. Great cider, and it mixes well with Guinness. :sexywink: I'm trying to think of a name for it...
Blackstone Pumpkin (Nashville)
Shipyard Pumpkinhead (mercenary-brewed here in Memphis for the season, at least)
And a slew of Oktoberfest beers from Magic Hat, New Belgium, Yuengling, Sam Adams, and probably several others I'm forgetting. These pale in comparison with the pumpkin brews though.

LM has tried every ipa ever. Just like he's listened to every single album ever released.

This is kinda interesting, maybe, because to me wheat beer tends to taste like perfume, yet I love IPAs. I compare my usual wheat beer experience to a big, overpowering whiff of floral atoms while walking into a ladies bathroom, and this makes me kind of curious with just how often LeMel goes into ladies bathrooms.

I went to the L.A. County Fair this weekend and they had some interesting microbrews on tap. One of them that I tried was Bootlegger's Brewery Imperial Black Phoenix - a coffee stout that's also made with chipotle peppers. It was very good but almost immediately gave me indigestion, lol.

bootlggr_ImpBlkPhnx-fnl.jpeg

I tried a Dogfish Head October brew recently and was surprised with how much I liked the flavor. It's my favorite autumn beer to date.

Figure Eight's Raven Tor oatmeal stout is silky and tastes delicious. Excellent lacing as well. I don't support our local breweries as often as I should.

The Lost Saint was quite good, especially once I had my food. However, I am in love with the beer in currently drinking : The Dogma Dubbel.

I'll write more later, but this is one of the best beers I've ever had.

Back
Top Bottom