Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
iron yuppie said:
I like Hoegaarden well enough. There are far better Belgian/French beers out there, though, so don't take it as representative of that brew type. Domaine du Paige, for example, is a great French beer. The fruit notes and spices hit your tongue at different times, giving it an extremely refined flavor profile.

I enjoy Hoegaarden too and it's common enough to find a pint around here. I pretty much go to white beers first these days. I'll check out the one you mentioned to mix things up a bit. I'm still partial to Blanche de Chambly, but a friend put the idea in my head that it's a bit soapy and now I can kinda taste it

cobl04 said:
No offence to you whatsoever, but I never want to talk about beers like that. I'll just roll with I like this beer / I don't like this beer :wink:

I wouldn't really talk like that either, but when he's trying to describe the taste of something in a beer themed thread 'because I like the way it tastes' doesnt really give the rest of us any idea of what it's like

i've developed an unhealthy obsession with dogfish

I've developed an unhealthy, obsessive resentment toward DFH since they pulled out of Tennessee last year. I've still got a Raison D'Etre and a Palo Santo Marron stuck back in my fridge like I'm a hoarder or something. Bastards.

In my desperate search for a replacement, I picked up 6 of these last weekend, and it's hitting the spot for now. This is apparently a solid brewery, from what I've had.

IMG_4638.jpg

I wouldn't really talk like that either, but when he's trying to describe the taste of something in a beer themed thread 'because I like the way it tastes' doesnt really give the rest of us any idea of what it's like

Which is why I haven't been able to contribute to a single discussion in this thread :lol:

cobl04 said:
Which is why I haven't been able to contribute to a single discussion in this thread :lol:

Well then giiiiiiiiiit aout

jk. *kisses* lmfao! omg ttyl

I've developed an unhealthy, obsessive resentment toward DFH since they pulled out of Tennessee last year. I've still got a Raison D'Etre and a Palo Santo Marron stuck back in my fridge like I'm a hoarder or something. Bastards.

In my desperate search for a replacement, I picked up 6 of these last weekend, and it's hitting the spot for now. This is apparently a solid brewery, from what I've had.

IMG_4638.jpg

Oooh my. I need to try that.

IMG_4638.jpg
[/url]

Oooh my. I need to try that.

Little brewery in the western suburbs of St. Louis. Not as big as Schafly,
but they are getting there. They have a Cherry Chocolate beer that I have
been meaning to try.

IMG_4638.jpg
[/url]

Little brewery in the western suburbs of St. Louis. Not as big as Schafly,
but they are getting there. They have a Cherry Chocolate beer that I have
been meaning to try.

That sounds interesting, though I haven't tried any chocolate beer yet, I do like the cherry wheat.

Had my first ever African beer last night, apparently from Kenya:

904447849_c67bbef6aa_z.jpg

I liked it. It had a distinct taste of honey in the finish that distinguished it from other lagers.

iron yuppie said:

I liked it. It had a distinct taste of honey in the finish that distinguished it from other lagers.

So on the cobbler binary scale of beers, you give it a 1?

I have a new favorite. If you like apricot, :up: because the flavor is quite strong. I love apricot though, and it's not sweet at all so it's very good. :drool:

apricotale.jpg

904447849_c67bbef6aa_z.jpg

I've had this before, though I can't remember when. Remember it being quite nice. If you can, find Hakim Stout. It's a really interesting brew from Ethiopia, tastes like boiled candy. I used to have it every time I went to a particular Ethiopian restaurant here but unfortunately they've stopped stocking it.

I totally want to make a joke about Ethiopian restaurants and famine now. Yes, I'm going to hell, but all my friends will be there.

I totally want to make a joke about Ethiopian restaurants and famine now. Yes, I'm going to hell, but all my friends will be there.

Dude, a few kms across town from me is a street populated with Ethiopian restaurants. I'll meet you there (In hell, not at the restaurants)

I think everyone I've ever talked to about Ethiopian food that isn't already into Ethiopian food has made that joke before, so yeah, you'll be in good company.

Seriously, it's really nice though. I know this is a beer thread, but eat that stuff. Mad good.

I'm torn between liking to try stuff my limited American palate does not understand, but being truly terrified of food I can't readily identify (hey, call it a survival tool learned from years of school lunches and later college dining hall scariness). But it's hard to make vegetarian food that's really creepy. No unexpected vasculature or scales.

Yeah, I haven't had many of the meat dishes myself but the vegetarian stuff is really nice and perfectly identifiable - wonderfully spiced lentil dishes, buttery potatoes and the only cabbage that is enjoyable to eat. I highly recommend it an- OH SHIT BEER

I like lentils. Wait, this isn't the food thread, this is the beer thread. I've got very ordinary beer in the fridge right now since the package store up the road only sells ordinary beers. But weve got Sam Adams, Newcastle, and harpoon. Not too shabby.

If you ever make it to St. Louis, you need to go to one of the Schafly breweries.

Through (surprisingly) no manipulation of my own, I got to go to the Schlafly Bottleworks on Friday. I went up with some friends to see Radiohead and stayed with a college roommate of one of the friends; she took us to Schlafly. I love it when friends of friends turn out to be cool. :applaud: And the beer was solid.

bono_212 said:
Oh my goodness, is this delicious:

I'm sure I'm late to the party on this one.

Yessssssss. Haven't had it in ages because I haven't seen it and moved too far away from the only bar I know of that keeps it in stock. But it is tasty.

Lindemans framboise lambic...just gorgeous. Smells amazing, and it's a perfect balance of sweet and tart. If you have any taste for red wine, you should check this out.

Onto my next one now, a Samuel Smith's nut brown ale. I think I have a new favorite brewery.

I also think I'm a bit tipsy.

Back
Top Bottom