Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like it when a man can admit he drinks lambic beers. You are a true American hero.

Thanks. I usually like to have one after dinner as a manly dessert. The Tap House Grill that I frequent mixes chocolate stout and framboise to make dessert beers. I feel no shame in it. I don't drink beer to get drunk, I drink beer the way many people I know drink wine. My father taught me well in that regard. Sometimes I like a little treat.

Yeah, that's the best way to go about it. As someone who doesn't usually partake in dessert, a kriek is my ideal after-dinner sweet. Never tried a mix of chocolate stout and framboise, any particular brands/mixes they use?

I know this one was talked about last summer, but I finally got around to buying it last night. Holy !!!! it's fantastic! :drool:

samuel_adams_cherry_wheat.jpg

Yeah, that's the best way to go about it. As someone who doesn't usually partake in dessert, a kriek is my ideal after-dinner sweet. Never tried a mix of chocolate stout and framboise, any particular brands/mixes they use?

Sorry for the delayed response, I know my fiance took a picture of the dessert menu but she kept forgetting to show it to me. There are 3 dessert beers.

Raspberry Truffle
Lindeman's Framboise with Young's Double Chocolate Stout

Andrej's Neapolitan
Wyder's Pear Cider, Young's Double Chocolate Stout, and a float of Lindeman's Framboise

Pint of Delight
Layers. Young's Double Chocolate Stout, Rogue Hazelnut Brown, Rogue Mocha Porter, and Lindeman's Framboise

First legal beer: Woodchuck hard cider. Dependably delicious, especially when I think of the Bud Light special they're pushing here.

Usually I haven't liked darker beers, but after trying a couple of them in the past few weeks I'm slowly beginning to change my mind. Does anyone have any recommendations for starter beers? I usually find myself liking Hefeweizens.

The Sad Punk said:
I like it when a man can admit he drinks lambic beers. You are a true American hero.

i was always under the impression that the lindeman's stuff was like the bastardized american version, super sweet and extra fruity, vs the more sour (and much tastier) stuff. its all made with some kind of a fruit, just not crazy sugared-tasting. either way, if you're drinking that stuff to get drunk vs for enjoyment of taste, it's going to bankrupt you in a heart beat.

Thanks for recipes, moiph! I haven't seen any Rogue beers here, but I'll give the first two a shot sometime.

i was always under the impression that the lindeman's stuff was like the bastardized american version, super sweet and extra fruity, vs the more sour (and much tastier) stuff. its all made with some kind of a fruit, just not crazy sugared-tasting. either way, if you're drinking that stuff to get drunk vs for enjoyment of taste, it's going to bankrupt you in a heart beat.

I personally agree (Bellevue Kriek is my favourite), but I'm happy to drink Lindeman's when it's available. I can't imagine why anyone would drink lambics to get drunk unless they're an eccentric pop star.

Thanks for recipes, moiph! I haven't seen any Rogue beers here, but I'll give the first two a shot sometime.

Rogue is excellent. Their Dead Guy Ale is easily one of my favorite beers at the moment.

Another of my favorites as of now:

breckenridge-vanilla-porter.jpg

A local grocery store is shutting down and selling everything at clearance prices. They only marked the liquor at 25% off but still, hello 6-pack of Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat. :dance:

Why are you drinking it out of a bottle?

But seriously, I'm not a fan either, though I've probably already made my dislike of wheat beers clear here.

It was from the cinema bar. I mean, it was drinkable, but I'd never get a six pack or anything.

I almost refused it because when he said "white beer" I thought he said "light beer".

I like Hoegaarden well enough. There are far better Belgian/French beers out there, though, so don't take it as representative of that brew type. Domaine du Paige, for example, is a great French beer. The fruit notes and spices hit your tongue at different times, giving it an extremely refined flavor profile.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom