Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I felt the same way upon reapproaching it recently :(

I've just developed a standard with Heineken. That is... without trying to think about what kind of beer I actually want.

I will now freely admit I like drinking Carlton Draught out of a can (and find it preferable to its stubby form). But I do tend to spill it on myself. VB is a definite no-go out of a can, but I don't mind it out of a stubby.

Will always take Carlton Dry over anything though.

Speaking of pumpkin beverages, I got a single of this last week and was pleasantly surprised. Wish I had bought a six pack. The garish packaging is a plus.

Pumpkin-6pk-Side.png

Lift+Bridge+Farm+Girl+Saison.JPG

Had some of this last night--very good, nice floral smell, light but nice flavor.
Just a pleasant beer.

(I don't know how far it gets outside of Minnesota.)

You are probably the first person ever to say anything positive about that beer.

But Pilsner Urquell is, indeed, a very good brew.

Really?

Well, the cheap part has to do a lot with it. I guess it just tastes very different from the beers we have here. And it's probably not among the best for your average German.

The Pilsner Urquell was very good. Also quite different from what I'm accustomed to.

Most people (including me) get sick from drinking it. I don't know what it is, but something's not right with that stuff. It's also the cheapest beer you can buy here, so you can probably guess what clientele usually buys the beer.
So yes, I was a little surprised to hear someone like it. ;)

Czech beers are usually very good. Pilsner Urquell really is the first pils ever brewed, and every other pils derived from that. I would also recommend Budvar (Budweiser).

agentorange said:
Speaking of pumpkin beverages, I got a single of this last week and was pleasantly surprised. Wish I had bought a six pack. The garish packaging is a plus.

Holy shit, woodchuck does a pumpkin cider?

I love all things pumpkin so I really want to love pumpkin beer so bad...but sadly I don't :sigh:

I'm very interested in this pumpkin cider by Woodchuck. :hmm: Going to see if I can find it this weekend. I love their cider with Guinness :drool:

Tell me you like Crispin's.

I'm not a big cider person anymore, but holy shit that's good stuff.

Tell me you like Crispin's.

I'm not a big cider person anymore, but holy shit that's good stuff.

I haven't tried that but I have a friend that's talked about it. I think a trip to Surdyks is in order this weekend. I don't like cider all that much either but every so often I enjoy a pint of it or mixed with Guinness.

I love all things pumpkin so I really want to love pumpkin beer so bad...but sadly I don't :sigh:

I'm very interested in this pumpkin cider by Woodchuck. :hmm: Going to see if I can find it this weekend. I love their cider with Guinness :drool:
Clearly Woodchuck has far more varieties than I realized :ohmy:

Oh yeah... their seasonal one for fall is GROOOOOOOOOSSSSS. It tastes like you're drinking Thanksgiving. So I guess one isn't bad, but have four and it's so sugary you'll want to vomit.

Clearly Woodchuck has far more varieties than I realized :ohmy:

ah...no I meant the cider when mixed with Guinness from the tap, not a cider made with Guinness that you can buy in a bottle. Is that what you meant? Most pubs call it a Black Velvet even though a traditional Black Velvet is made with champagne.

Most people (including me) get sick from drinking it. I don't know what it is, but something's not right with that stuff. It's also the cheapest beer you can buy here, so you can probably guess what clientele usually buys the beer.
So yes, I was a little surprised to hear someone like it. ;)

Czech beers are usually very good. Pilsner Urquell really is the first pils ever brewed, and every other pils derived from that. I would also recommend Budvar (Budweiser).

Thanks for the feedback. It didn't do anything to me but I guess I'll be staying away from that stuff.

arw said:
ah...no I meant the cider when mixed with Guinness from the tap, not a cider made with Guinness that you can buy in a bottle. Is that what you meant? Most pubs call it a Black Velvet even though a traditional Black Velvet is made with champagne.

:doh:

the worst thing about my dislike for pumpkin beer is that every year i tend to forget my dislike for pumpkin beer, see it in the store and go "oh, pumpkin beer... i'm gonna try that"

Me too.

My wife loves the stuff, so I've got to suffer through a few bottles in the fall, regardless. But she doesn't really care for some of the bigger abbey-style belgians, so I get those all to myself.

Back
Top Bottom