Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like walking into a room full of wine connoisseurs and talking about the wicked game of goon-of-fortune you had the night before.

There's always Fosters! :wink: (J/K!!)

After 20+ years of being a brand snob about everything I drank, I'm living a little freer now...and discovering things I wouldn't have touched in my 20s...can't know unless ya try it! :)

I got all classy up in here this past weekend, we got Miller Lite. Expensive, though, gonna be strictly on Natty and Keystone for the next few weeks.

la%20chouffe.jpg

:drool:

kramwest1 said:
Abbey and Three Philosophers are quite good. But, it's damn pricey.

it's my violent hatred of Belgian goldens and the ubiquitous ommegang witte again (and while i don't remember the three philosophers too well due to being pretty hammered already when i tried it--incidentally, i think this may have been the infamous night i came up with my epic Halloween costume a few years ago-- i don't recall being overly impressed with that one either).

it's my violent hatred of Belgian goldens and the ubiquitous ommegang witte again (and while i don't remember the three philosophers too well due to being pretty hammered already when i tried it--incidentally, i think this may have been the infamous night i came up with my epic Halloween costume a few years ago-- i don't recall being overly impressed with that one either).

Oh definitely.
If you are going to charge me up the ass for a beer, it better be able to knock me on my ass.
Abbey- 8.5% :up::up:
Three Philo- 9.8% :up::up::up:

Witte- 5.1% :down:

Folks, 'tis the season I get most excited for the brew. Picked up my first four-pack of this today:

Dogfish+Head+Punkin+Ale+Ensemble+5.JPG

Going to try this next:

3306882722_cb5888fd1f.jpg

And am on the look-out for this, supposedly one of the best:

pumking3.JPG

Also, Schlafly's pumpkin ale is also deliiiiicious.

Didn't know where else to put this but... I had a Sol y Sombra last night at a restaurant/bar in Fitzroy.

Even the scent was enough to send my head flying into space. Chasing it with water, which tastes fucking amazing after a sip of Sol y Sombra.

Anybody have a beer of preference for meals?

I had one of these recently with pork and liked it fairly well in that context. I'm not sure I'd drink it on it's own all the time, but it felt like a "mealtime beer"

kozel.jpg

Do other's differentiate between a beer they'd take with a meal and not, and so forth? Kramwest what are you saying? ;)

Another of my "20-30isms", you'd never catch me drinking a beer with a meal then. Always some form of juice or a regular Coke, 5 ice cubes minimum. And I'd eat the majority of my food before taking even a sip.

Don't know why, but I've recently come to enjoy a beer with my meal once in a while.

Folks, 'tis the season I get most excited for the brew. Picked up my first four-pack of this today:

Dogfish+Head+Punkin+Ale+Ensemble+5.JPG

Going to try this next:

3306882722_cb5888fd1f.jpg

And am on the look-out for this, supposedly one of the best:

pumking3.JPG

Also, Schlafly's pumpkin ale is also deliiiiicious.

I love all things pumpkin but for some reason I have a really hard time with pumpkin ale. I might have to try some again this year. I can't remember the last brand I bought but I know I didn't like it.

Anybody have a beer of preference for meals?

I had one of these recently with pork and liked it fairly well in that context. I'm not sure I'd drink it on it's own all the time, but it felt like a "mealtime beer"

kozel.jpg

Do other's differentiate between a beer they'd take with a meal and not, and so forth? Kramwest what are you saying? ;)

Most definitely.
I wouldn't drink a regular Sam Adams on its own, but with a burger and fries or something? Yes.
Negra Modelo is in a similar category.

I don't care for lite-ish beers ever, but I also won't drink a really flavorful, darker beer with food. Too much tastebud competition.

Guinness goes pretty well with food--fish and chips or Irish Stew. I don't think Guinness is super flavorful though, so it works.

The best beer places are the ones where the staff truly knows what beers work with which menu item.

dogfishhead makes a pumpkin that i remember liking, and i don't really like the idea of pumpkin anything that isn't bread or pie.

Most definitely.
I wouldn't drink a regular Sam Adams on its own, but with a burger and fries or something? Yes.
Negra Modelo is in a similar category.

I don't care for lite-ish beers ever, but I also won't drink a really flavorful, darker beer with food. Too much tastebud competition.

Guinness goes pretty well with food--fish and chips or Irish Stew. I don't think Guinness is super flavorful though, so it works.

The best beer places are the ones where the staff truly knows what beers work with which menu item.

I hear you and agree on most of those..interesting about the Negra Modelo. I like that on it's own, but prefer an Especial with a burrito or other Mexican food.

Yep love Guinness with food. Pretty much any food.

There is an amazing beer place in Toronto, a little hole in the wall with a back patio called Ciro's. Burgers to die for and every beer in the world you can imagine. My bandmates put me on to it and I've been hooked since. When you're here next we gotta hit it up, you'll love it!

I started drinking Sam Adams the other day after work, didn't eat enough food, and somehow ended up at an establishment which encourages nudism among some of the hostesses :sexywink: I woke up the next day in a different time zone, not sure how i got there or what i had done with my wallet, car keys, (car), etc. Don't try that shit at home, kids.

:sad:
I looked forward to this every fall, but Dogfish pulled out of Tennessee earlier this year. Those were the days... :trolls YouTube for that Cinderella song that sucks:

I spent the last week in Maine, and they've got some good local beer up there. I was impressed with the local breweries in Portland - a good number for the size of the town. More than I remember seeing in Chicago, certainly more and better than here in TN.
Over the week, I had some pretty good beers from Bar Harbor Brewing, Sebago, Allagash, Long Trail, and Gritty McDuff's. And some bad ones too that I won't mention. :D

I've never had any pumpkin ale before, doesn't seem to be a Thing here. Not really a fan of pumpkin in general but am quite curious about it.

Also, I'm a fan of beer during meals. I usually go for something quite light, just a lager or something but dark ale is good with red meat.

berkshire brewing co.'s steel rail goes really well with a mushroom and cheese omelet. Hooray for kegs n eggs.

Back
Top Bottom