Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My CEO's family owns Yuengling :) So our meetings are always well stocked! I am on a Rocheforte Trappiste 10 kick lately. But Karmaliet Tripel is a great summer beer too (not dark like Roche and crisp with a great finish. And it covers the alcohol better I think). I just kicked my IPA habit but picked up a 4 pack from the local beer store of some from a brewery in Oregon. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Okay I need help.

I hit the wall. A lot. If I have something on on a Saturday night, it's like my subconscious goes "ooh, pressure's on, you've gotta drink big!!" and you know how you can make yourself sick by thinking about it? I think it's like that. Tonight was my good friend's 21st. I'd been looking forward to it for ages. I had three beers, two jelly shots and two wet pussy shots. Not even tipsy. I got, well, I guess bloated is the best way to describe it all. It all sits in my chest and I feel sick. It's 330, I just got home and I'm sober as dogs balls. Extremely pissed off. More so because I know I can drink. If I go round to a mates joint on a Friday night I'll knock back six beers no worries and could easily keep going. And once in a blue moon I can drink and keep drinking. I hate this wall-hitting. It stops me having fun. What's the solution here? Should I just shove my fingers down my throat and spew? I'm hesitant because I haven't spewed in 15 years so I've developed a phobia of it. Someone help me cos it's ruining my life!!!!! :lol:

Also please kindly note this is no place or time for adulty "that's a good thing you hit the wall" "you don't need alcohol to have fun" etc type comments. :)

Okay I need help.

I hit the wall. A lot. If I have something on on a Saturday night, it's like my subconscious goes "ooh, pressure's on, you've gotta drink big!!" and you know how you can make yourself sick by thinking about it? I think it's like that. Tonight was my good friend's 21st. I'd been looking forward to it for ages. I had three beers, two jelly shots and two wet pussy shots. Not even tipsy. I got, well, I guess bloated is the best way to describe it all. It all sits in my chest and I feel sick. It's 330, I just got home and I'm sober as dogs balls. Extremely pissed off. More so because I know I can drink. If I go round to a mates joint on a Friday night I'll knock back six beers no worries and could easily keep going. And once in a blue moon I can drink and keep drinking. I hate this wall-hitting. It stops me having fun. What's the solution here? Should I just shove my fingers down my throat and spew? I'm hesitant because I haven't spewed in 15 years so I've developed a phobia of it. Someone help me cos it's ruining my life!!!!! :lol:

Also please kindly note this is no place or time for adulty "that's a good thing you hit the wall" "you don't need alcohol to have fun" etc type comments. :)

I can't get drunk on beer anymore because I'm always too full to drink enough of it.
I have a hard time getting drunk on mixed drinks because they often are so weak at bars, so it's not worth it. Shots are hit or miss, usually miss.
I get drunk on wine, and it's just a matter of how much I need. Obviously, it depends on my food intake.

So right now, I'd just sit and digest what you've got in you and then develop a taste for wine. That is my advice in the Beer thread.

My CEO's family owns Yuengling :) So our meetings are always well stocked! I am on a Rocheforte Trappiste 10 kick lately. But Karmaliet Tripel is a great summer beer too (not dark like Roche and crisp with a great finish. And it covers the alcohol better I think). I just kicked my IPA habit but picked up a 4 pack from the local beer store of some from a brewery in Oregon. I'll give it a try tomorrow.
One of Dick Yuengling's daughters?

The Sad Punk said:
That's a nice brew, and I bet it's particularly good over there with the heat at the moment. If Sam Adams wasn't so expensive here I wouldn't buy another lager.

Every summer I act under tthe assumption that they'll never make it again and imbibe way too much of it.

In fact I'm drinking one right now.

One of Dick Yuengling's daughters?
If I am correct, our CEO's brother is married to one of the family members. Or something like that. I am not positive (could be a cousin)....but will find out in a couple weeks. I really like drinking it when I make my Philly trips. I like to drink what is brewed where I travel. Fresher beer and helps me enjoy being in that location.

I can't get drunk on beer anymore because I'm always too full to drink enough of it.
I have a hard time getting drunk on mixed drinks because they often are so weak at bars, so it's not worth it. Shots are hit or miss, usually miss.
I get drunk on wine, and it's just a matter of how much I need. Obviously, it depends on my food intake.

So right now, I'd just sit and digest what you've got in you and then develop a taste for wine. That is my advice in the Beer thread.

I had Maccas earlier, that made me a bit bloated, which didn't help, but this is a mental thing I think. And I hate wine, unless it's been mixed with juice or cordial, so that aint gonna work :wink:

Are you for real fair dinkum with this bullshit? You're a college university student. This is easily fixable.

First of all, are you beginning with the liquor?

I have the same problem, honestly. I don't drink very fast, nor can I take in all that much because I get full pretty easily.

Getting plastered is less important to me than making sure I'm properly hydrated though, so Friggin Cobbler's anorexia alcoholica idea is a no.

I really think I might have to do the old fingers-down-the-throat. People always say once they throw up they can keep going :lol:

The opposite is also possible.

I usually start feeling saturated from the third beer, so I hardly ever drink much more. Makes for cheap nights out, though. ;)

Last night reminded me of how much I like Peroni. Its combination of lightness and flavor complexity makes it great.

I am not into getting plastered. If i was I would be hitting the hard stuff. Beer is more for taste and socializing. I really enjoy it for those reasons, and the variety of beer to try. I enjoy trippels and quads on occasion. You can get a case of Hamms otherwise and get shit hammered. But your colon will hate you the next day.

I really think I might have to do the old fingers-down-the-throat. People always say once they throw up they can keep going :lol:

I only go for that if I want to sleep and I'm really drunk.

I get the spins pretty bad when the two meet together (drunkedness and sleep). Rather than being uncomfortable, I just rid my system or stay awake.

Highly recommend the Sam Adams Imperial Series.

So far tried the Double Bock and the Wee Heavy and they are both delicious. And potent (9 and 10% alc).

SamAdamsImperialDoubleBock.jpg

samuel-adams-wee-heavy.jpg

Sam Adams contracts quite a bit of their brewing out to other breweries. Not that it is bad.....just something to be aware of. They do a good PR job with their brand.

Speaking of Sam Adams, one of my very favorite beers is their Cherry Wheat. I am also reminded of Sam Smith's an excellent beer from the UK.

Considering I absolutely don't like Sam Adams, I do like their cherry wheat. One of the best aftertastes in a real beer I've ever tasted.

Garrison's Blackberry Wheat is even worse this year. No beer taste whatsoever. If you can trick yourself into believing this is a cooler instead of a beer, it's not too bad. But as a beer, it is horrendous.

Highly recommend the Sam Adams Imperial Series.

So far tried the Double Bock and the Wee Heavy and they are both delicious. And potent (9 and 10% alc).

SamAdamsImperialDoubleBock.jpg

samuel-adams-wee-heavy.jpg

Moosehead Breweries in Saint John, NB, Canada are distributing their brews.. but I don't think they are actually brewing them

Oh and get this. Moosehead brews Guinness Extra Stout for the Eastern States but I can't get Extra Stout here.. despite the fact that I am about five minutes away from Moosehead breweries. If I have a hankering for extra stout, I have to go into Maine to get it.

Back
Top Bottom